La Roche-Posay Anthelios 60 SPF Sunscreen is a water-resistant sunscreen manufactured by La Roche-Posay.
It is sold online at the manufacturer’s website as well as various stores across the country.
A 1.7 fluid ounce bottle is sold at $29.99. The manufacturer does not offer a money-back guarantee, but there is a return period for those who may not be satisfied with the product.
Apply 15 minutes before sun exposure. The product is safe to use for children 6 or older.
This waterproof sunscreen must be applied every 80 minutes, after which it no longer provides protection from water.
- Avobenzone: a UV-ray protector that is oil-based. It protects the skin from all forms of UV rays.
- Octocrylene: an ester of a fatty alcohol, this ingredient is commonly used in sunscreen because it can protect the skin from DNA damage during sun exposure. It also protects skin from UVA and UVB rays.
- Antioxidants: these fight aging by fighting free radicals that can damage the skin.
- The sunscreen is manufactured by a reputable company.
- There is a return period for customers who feel they may need it.
- The ingredients used in the sunscreen protect the skin from UVA and UVB rays.
- All skin types can use the sunscreen without a problem.
- One of the ingredients, octocrylene, has been known to make the skin more photosensitive.
- Antioxidants are a part of the sunscreen’s formula, but the manufacturer is not specific about which ones are present.
- The sunscreen loses potency in water after 80 minutes.
- At $29.99, the cost may seem high for a 1.7 fluid ounce bottle.
You may also like: Oil-Absorbing Day Lotion Reviews
Is the product safe for all skin types?
Yes, the product’s formula is ultra-light and safe for even those with sensitive skin. Parents can ask a qualified physician if they are interested in having their children use the sunscreen.
What is Cell-OX Shield XM Technology?
This is La Roche-Posay’s proprietary blend of antioxidants, added to the sunscreen to protect the skin from free radicals that may damage the skin.
La Roche-Posay Anthelios 60 SPF sunscreen is safe to use for people of all skin types and also absorbs into the skin easily.
It also includes ingredients that protect the skin from all UV ray types and antioxidants that help soothe the skin.
However, the bottle is 1.7 fluid ounces and costs $29.99, which is a bit high considering the size.
Furthermore, the list of antioxidants included, as well as the proprietary technology Cell-OX Shield XM Technology, is not disclosed.
Many European customers who bought the sunscreen in the US also noticed a change in the product’s formula.
One of the ingredients, Octocrylene, can possibly make skin more photosensitive.
A product that doesn’t increase skin sensitivity and discloses its complete list of ingredients might be a better choice.