What is Lumivive?
When referring to Lumivive you are not referring to just one product: you are actually referring to a skin protecting and rejuvenating system.
Table of Contents [Show]
At its core, Lumivive is a beauty product that can help protect the skin from environmental stress factors and one that can help restore the skin and repair some of the damage that may already be done to the skin.
It is also a combination of two different serums; one for the day time and one for the night. Lumivive has been specially developed to work in tandem. The daytime serum is what protects your skin and creates a barrier around it from the sun and other pollutants and the nigt time serum is used to help the skin recover while you sleep.
They both come in the same sized containers (each containing 1 ounce of the serum) and they are both made available in a bundle package.
Who is the Manufacturer of Lumivive?
The manufacturer of this skin system is a company called Skin Medica. As their title suggests, Skin Medica is a company that specializes in making skin care products.
With Lumivive, they claim that they have formulated a two-step system that can keep the user’s skin looking young and fresh and one that can even help people who have already had sun damage done to their skin. Lumivive is also intended to even out the tone of the skin.
How Does Lumivive Work?
Lumivive is meant to work in a two-step system with the user applying some of it in the morning to create a protective barrier around the skin and some of it at night to nourish the skin while the user sleeps so that it can repair itself more completely.
This is done by incorporating antioxidants and protecting the skin against deeply penetrating blue light waves in the UV spectrum.
Lumivive Ingredients – Are they Safe & Effective?
Lumivive comes as two products and we will be covering the ingredients of both separately. It does seem that there are both natural and synthetically composed compounds in both of the formulas at a glance. Have a look for yourself:
Lumivive Day Damage Defense Serum:
- Squalane – Squalane is the lighter cousin of squalene and can help to moisturize the skin.
- Niacinamide – Niacinamide is a kind of B vitamin that can help people with large pores
- Melanin – Melanin is the skin’s natural defense against sun damage and is produced just below the skin’s surface.
Lumivive Night Revitalize Repair Complex:
- Pullulan – This is a common agent in skin care products because of its purported ability to tighten the skin.
- Triglyceride – Triglyceride has a mixture of fatty acids that help the skin retain moisture and acts as an emollient.
- Xanthan Gum – This ingredient is used to stabilize the emulsion effects of the product.
- Pentylene Glycol – Pentylene glycol is a synthetic humectant and is also used in many cases as a preservative.
What are the Advantages of Lumivive?
- You may discover that by using Lumivive, your skin looks more even in tone.
- There is also the possibility that Lumivive can help protect your skin against sun damage
- This product was made to help tighten the skin as well
- This product can help lock moisture into the skin with elements like squalene
What are the Disadvantages of Lumivive?
- People with sensitivities to some of the ingredients will not be able to use this product
- Lumivive contains synthetic compounds such as pentylene glycol which can have damaging long-term effects on the skin
- Some users may also find that applying 2 different creams a day is inconvenient
- There are many reports on the toxicityof the ingredient pullulan
How Should you Use Lumivive?
For the daytime serum that comes as part of the Lumivive system, you are supposed to apply one pump in the morning after showering or washing your face to the face and neck. For the nighttime serum, you are also to apply one pump to the face and the neck and chest if desired, after washing your face.
How Much Does Lumivive Cost?
The total price for both the nighttime and daytime Lumivive serums as listed on the official website is $265.00. This is for a one-time purchase.
What is Lumivive’s Return Policy?
You can return Lumivive within 30 days of your purchase by getting in touch with the company and obtaining a return merchandise authorization number.
Does Lumivive Offer a Free Trial?
We could find no mention of a free trial for Lumivive on the official website. You may try requesting one by contacting the company directly.
Lumivive Review – Final Verdict
Lumivive is a two-cream system that is supposed to help the user gain better looking skin and protect it from environmental stress factors. It may offer protection from blue light waves and it may be able to improve the overall appearance of the user’s skin.
On the other side of this product, we see that there are some toxicity concerns of the ingredient pullulan. Some users may find that applying two serums at different times of the day is inconvenient for them. And finally this is a product that does contain synthetically derived compounds which can have long-term damaging effects.
This is an interesting product with a fair share of up and downside to it but you should compare it with similar ones before you make a purchase.
Skin Brighteners aid in reducing post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation revealing even skin tone. Skin brighteners also can help revitalize tired and dull skin resulting in a youthful, healthy glow.
Below you'll find some of the most effective skin brightening products on the market today, in our opinion.