In This Article
What is SkinCeuticals H.A. Intensifier?
SkinCeuticals H.A. Intensifier is a multi-functional hyaluronic acid serum that claims to enhance the skin’s hyaluronic acid levels by up to 30%. This corrective serum features a blend of pure hyaluronic acid and botanical extracts that are said to amplify hyaluronic acid levels which in turn improve surface hydration.
With extra hydration, the skin’s firmness, smoothness, and plumpness are enhanced. Additionally, its regular use might diminish the appearance of crow’s feet, nasolabial folds, and marionette lines. Provides long lasting hydration to visibly improve skin texture and is said to be ideal for home care after dermal fillers.
Who is the Manufacturer of SkinCeuticals H.A. Intensifier?
SkinCeuticals is the company involved in producing this serum. The multinational company has a wide array of skincare products under its collection. The company manufactures products such as cleansers, masks, moisturizers, serums, creams, antioxidants, sunscreens, and acne products among others. These products are claimed to be formulated using potent ingredients that ensure their effectiveness. Additionally, SkinCeuticals promises that its products are free from synthetic colors, dyes, parabens, and fragrances to ensure user safety.
How Does SkinCeuticals H.A. Intensifier Work?
Hyaluronic acid is the key molecule in skin hydration. This is because hyaluronic acid has a large capacity to hold water. As the skin ages, its ability to produce hyaluronic acid decreases. This decline contributes to moisture loss which in turn exacerbates the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, reduce crow’s feet, rough texture, and loss of facial volume. SkinCeuticals H.A. Intensifier helps improve the level of the skin’s hyaluronic acid which then improves skin hydration and with it, the signs of aging.
In a 12-week clinical study by SkinCeuticals, H.A. Intensifier was concluded to cause;
- 9% decrease in sagginess
- 11% improvement in firmness
- 13% improvement in elasticity
- 18% improvement in texture
- 23% improvement in plumpness
SkinCeuticals H.A. Intensifier Ingredients – Are they Safe & Effective?
- Hyaluronic Acid- This ingredient has a strong water-binding potential thus used as an active ingredient in most cosmetic formulations. According to the Journal of Drugs in Dermatology, topical formulations with hyaluronic acid improved skin hydration and elasticity. Wrinkle depth was also improved in the study.
- Proxylane- This is a patented ingredient derived from beech wood through an environmentally-efficient process as claimed by SkinCeuticals. This molecule helps support the skin’s matrix by restoring water to skin. This ingredient is biodegradable and non-eco-toxic.
- Licorice Root Extract- Licorice is a perennial plant known for its sweet-tasting root. According the Antioxidant Journal, licorice root contains anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, antitumor, and antivirals properties. The journal further claims that licorice root extracts protect the skin against oxidative stress.
- Purple Rice Extract- Rice bran is claimed to be a rich source of phytochemicals. Its oils contain several bioactive components such as ferulic acid. These components exhibit antioxidant properties. In Pharmaceutical Biology, formulations with rice bran extracts demonstrated higher hydration enhancement as well as improvement of skin lightness, thickness, roughness, and elasticity.
- Capryloyl Salicylic Acid- This ingredient is a derivative of salicylic acid and is usually abbreviated as LHA. In the Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology, LHA was found to be more efficient than glycolic acid in reduction of fine lines and wrinkles and hyperpigmentation. LHA peel was also considered safe for use.
What are the Advantages of SkinCeuticals H.A. Intensifier?
- It claims to enhance the levels of the skin’s hyaluronic acid
- It might help diminish the appearance of aging signs such as fine lines and wrinkles
- May provide long lasting hydration
- May be uses as part of a home care regimen after dermal fillers
- Product is claimed to be free from parabens and dye
What are the Disadvantages of SkinCeuticals H.A. Intensifier?
- It may only improve stubborn aging signs
- Serum may not be as hydrating as some people may want
Q: How Should You Take SkinCeuticals H.A. Intensifier?
A: Apply 4 to 6 drops to the hands and dab onto forehead, cheeks, and neck once or twice daily. Blend the serum into skin. If applying in the morning, apply after SkinCeuticals vitamin C antioxidant serum and before a SkinCeuticals sunscreen. If applying at night, apply after retinol.
Q: How Much Does SkinCeuticals H.A. Intensifier Cost?
A: SkinCeuticals H.A. Intensifier goes for a $100 on the brand’s official website.
Q: What is SkinCeuticals H.A. Intensifier Return Policy?
A: SkinCeuticals offers a 30 day return policy for all its products. Unsatisfied customers should return items within 30 days after the purchase date. Items returned after the prescribed time will not be refunded.
Q: Does SkinCeuticals H.A. Intensifier Offer a Free Trial?
A: There is no free trial offered for this serum.
SkinCeuticals H.A. Intensifier – Final Verdict
SkinCeuticals H.A. Intensifier is a hyaluronic acid serum that claims to improve skin hydration, reduce fine lines and wrinkles, enhance skin firmness, smooth out the skin, and boost facial plumpness. This serum is designed to cater to dry, normal, oily, combination, and sensitive skin. Users combating dehydrated and aging skin can use this serum comfortably and are assured to get the desired results.
H.A. Intensifier is claimed to be a multi-functional corrective serum that is formulated with potent ingredients including pure hyaluronic acid, proxylane, and botanical extracts. Together these ingredients deliver long lasting hydration to the skin while combating aging signs such as fine lines, wrinkles, saggy skin, and volume loss. Before and after pictures on the product page shows improvement in the appearance of laugh-lines (marionette lines) which could be quite convincing for anyone looking to diminish these lines.
Since this serum is designed for all skin types, the manufacturer promises that it is free from parabens and synthetic dyes which would otherwise cause adverse effects. Users with sensitive skin can therefore use this product comfortably without worrying about breakouts. This serum is also recommended as a home care regimen for users who have undergone dermal fillers. However, one should always consult a physician before use.
Like the manufacturer’s claims, customer reviews are generally positive. Reviewers claimed the serum worked wonders for their skin. Most of these customers claimed that the serum left their skin smooth, plumped, and radiant. Users who gave the product few stars claimed the serum failed to absorb well into the skin.
That said, this product is multi-functional and has great reviews. Although it is on the expensive side of the spectrum, most reviewers claim it is worth it.
Where To Find It?
To make an order, visit the product’s Official Website