As a holistic weight loss and health coach, one of the first things I do when working with new client’s is to have them detox their liver.
A healthy, fully functioning liver, is crucial if you want to look and feel your best.
With over 500 documented functions in your body, the liver is your body’s hardest working organ.
The liver is a key player in carrying out metabolic functions and neutralizing threats to your health.
Some of your liver’s main functions are:
- Storing and releasing essential vitamins and minerals when your body needs them
- Producing and excreting bile which helps your gallbladder and intestines process fats
- Helps breakdown proteins, fats, and carbohydrates and convert them into energy that fuels body functions
- Filters and cleans bacteria, toxins, microorganisms, and damaged cells out of your blood
- Helps detox and rid your body of hormones, toxins, chemicals, and drugs and prevents them from re-entering your blood stream
Your liver cells contain thousands of enzymes needed to carry out the hundreds of chemical reactions needed to help you achieve optimal health and metabolic function. But your liver is under constant attack.
Simply drinking non-filtered tap water can have a negative on impact your liver and affect it’s ability to function properly. 
But most people are exposed to hundreds of toxins every single day. Chemical additives found in foods, drinks, topical hygiene products, beauty products, household cleaners, pesticides, medications, and pollution add to your liver’s workload, making it a lot harder for your liver to function properly.
Imagine having a to-list with 500 things on it and adding 100 new things to your to-do list. It wouldn’t take long before you’d feel overwhelmed, overworked, and unable to keep up, right? That’s exactly what happens to your liver every single day.
Drinking alcohol, exercise, stress, hormone fluctuations, travel, surgery, and irregularity add more tasks to your liver’s do-to list.
Over time, chronic exposure to toxins makes it difficult for the liver to cleanse harmful substances and eliminate them from your body.
The toxins start to build within the body and can have a huge impact on your health, energy levels, mood, and waistline.
Over time, symptoms of liver toxicity can start to manifest. The most common signs that your liver has reached its toxic threshold include:
- Acne and body breakouts
- Fatigue, persisting despite sleep
- Abdominal pain and swelling
- Gas and bloating
- Heartburn, acid reflux, and nausea
- Itchy Skin, rashes, rosacea
- Changes in urine color
- Increased belly fat
- Stubborn, hard-to-lose fat
- Food and sugar cravings
- Anxiety, irritability, and mood swings
The good news? You can reverse damage and help your liver heal quickly, with the right support and detox protocols.
Your liver is the only organ that has the incredible ability to regenerate itself after damage. You could reduce your liver to 25% and over time, it’d regenerate back to its full size.
Liver regeneration after injury, surgery, or chemical damage has been well documented and thousands of years. There are few supplements available that guarantees about the smoothening of digestive health such as Liver Support Plus. You must consider it to improve your colon system.
If you’re experiencing any symptoms of liver toxicity, my 7 go-to steps will help. These simple steps will help detoxify your liver, regenerate liver cells, and reverse your symptoms quickly.
Detox Your Liver: 7-Steps To Cleanse Your Liver Fast
1. Avoid all Alcohol. Alcohol causes inflammation and can damage liver cells and enzymes. Avoid drinking all alcoholic beverages until you’re symptom-free. I recommend going alcohol-free for a minimum of 30 days to help detoxify your liver.
2. Avoid Unnecessary Chemicals. Reducing exposure to other chemicals will help take the strain off of your liver so it can regenerate faster. Only take prescribed and over-the-counter medications when necessary.
Investigate natural alternatives and ask your medical professional about other, non-toxic treatment options.
Avoiding excessive and unnecessary cosmetics, hygiene products, household cleaners, and pollution will help accelerate your detox, too.
I recommend switching to organic, non-toxic topical and household products to boost the benefits from your cleanse.
3. Go Organic. In-organic, processed foods, and drinks can contain pesticides, herbicides, fungicides, and other chemical additives that can strain your liver.
Eating organic foods will help you avoid excessive toxins, reducing your liver’s workload, and giving it a chance to heal and regenerate.
Avoid all canned, pre-bottled, and artificially sweetened and colored beverages and sodas as you cleanse your liver. For the best results, eat organic and avoid processed foods and drinks for a full 30 days.
4. Drink Filtered Lemon Water. Lemon contains antioxidants and citric acids, which have been shown to reduce inflammation and liver damage.
Simply squeeze the juice from a wedge of lemon into 8 oz. of filtered water. I recommend having a minimum of 3 glasses of lemon water daily.
5. Drink Dandelion Tea. Dandelion tea is made from the roots of the dandelion plant, a medicinal herb shown to help improve liver function and boost bile production.
The dandelion also acts as a diuretic and helps stimulate the elimination of toxins through urine. Drink 1 to 2 cups of medicinal-grade dandelion tea, brewed in filtered water daily, to enhance your liver cleanse.
6. Supplement your Diet with Turmeric. Turmeric is the spice that gives curry its yellow color. Turmeric is high in curcumin, which has been proven to help detoxify the blood, reduce inflammation, help boost liver enzyme production, and reduce cellular stress.
Using turmeric to season your food can help add a detoxify boost to your meals. Taking a turmeric supplement in place of the spice will help, too.
Look for an organic turmeric supplement that contains black pepper. The pepper will help the turmeric absorb and stimulate its the healing properties better.
7. Take Milk Thistle. Milk thistle is one of the best of detoxifying supplements in the world. Milk thistle is a natural herb that helps pull toxins out of the liver and so they can be eliminated from the body faster.
Milk thistle also has antioxidants and can help strengthen the liver cell walls, build stronger liver cells, and stimulate liver regeneration. A lot of milk thistle supplements contain other ingredients.
For the best results, look for a milk thistle supplement that contains at least 80% milk thistle.
To stimulate detoxification benefits, I recommend taking 150 mg of milk thistle one to three times a day for up to 2 weeks at a time.
This dosage is typically more than the recommended amount. That’s why I recommend decreasing your daily intake to 50 to 150 milligrams of milk thistle a day, for ongoing liver support.
These are among the most effective steps you can take to help detoxify and heal your liver. They’re scientifically proven, effective, and easy to incorporate into your daily routine.
Do your best to follow all 7 steps for a full 30 days to get the most benefit. Supplementing with milk thistle and avoiding unnecessary toxins will help keep your liver healthy after your cleanse ends. Notwithstanding the amazing benefits offered by these natural treatments, some people are unable to gain any advantage from natural ingredients. This is exactly when a colon cleansing supplement comes into the picture! Well, don’t get surprised, because we care for your well-being and we feel there is no other alternative other than a colon cleanser which can provide instant relief. Dig in Plexus Bio Cleanse Review which could flush out all the toxins from your body.
Feature image: Shutterstock.com
Post Image: Shutterstock.com