There are certain great foods that give a positive caloric effect; they are low in calories and easily digestible.
Check out the super nutritious foods below:
Most vegetables are naturally low calorie nutrient, such as:
- Asparagus – It is a rich source of folate, just one cup of asparagus provides* 70 micrograms of folate and contains only 27 calories.
- Broccoli – Broccoli is a rich source of essential nutrients such as folate, vitamin A, C & K as well as iron. One cup of broccoli provides* 31 calories.
- Beetroot – Beets are very sweet with rich potassium, iron, folate and fiber. They also contain cancer fighting antioxidants. Half cup gives you only 37 calories.
- Cabbage – This sweet Crunchy vegetable is rich in fiber, vitamins, phytonutrients and minerals. One cup provides* only 22 calories.
- Celery – One large stalk of celery provides* 10 calories, it is an easy snack with low calorie peanut butter. Chopped celery gives you 16 calories per cup.
- Spinach – It is a leafy green vegetable often used in sandwiches and salads. One cup spinach gives you seven calories including vitamin K, iron, vitamin A, folate and manganese.
- Garlic – A clove of garlic gives 4 calories; it is good for fighting colds, cancer and also improves* urinary tract infection.
- Cauliflower – This tasty cruciferous vegetable gives you only 27 calories per cup.
There are also some juicy tasty fruits that are low in calories, such as:
- Raspberries – Raspberries are rich in fiber, half cup gives you 32 calories.
- Apples – One fresh apple is the best snack you can choose instead of putting junks into your stomach. It is highly nutritious and low in calories.
- Grapefruit – This sweet fruit is an excellent source of vitamin C and half of a grapefruit gives you 37 calories.
- Apricot – Two medium apricots gives you 1 ½ g of fiber and 766 IUs beta carotene. It is also rich in potassium and phytosterols.
These low calories fruits and veggies keep your appetite under control* and lessen your hunger pangs. They can also help in burning* fats as well as boost* your metabolism.