There are certain great foods that give a positive caloric effect; they are low in calories and easily digestible.
Check out the super nutritious foods below:
Most vegetables are naturally low calorie nutrient, such as:
- Asparagus – It is a rich source of folate, just one cup of asparagus provides 70 micrograms of folate and contains only 27 calories.
- Broccoli – Broccoli is a rich source of essential nutrients such as folate, vitamin A, C & K as well as iron. One cup of broccoli provides 31 calories.
- Beetroot – Beets are very sweet with rich potassium, iron, folate and fiber. They also contain cancer fighting antioxidants. Half cup gives you only 37 calories.
- Cabbage – This sweet Crunchy vegetable is rich in fiber, vitamins, phytonutrients and minerals. One cup provides only 22 calories.
- Celery – One large stalk of celery provides 10 calories, it is an easy snack with low calorie peanut butter. Chopped celery gives you 16 calories per cup.
- Spinach – It is a leafy green vegetable often used in sandwiches and salads. One cup spinach gives you seven calories including vitamin K, iron, vitamin A, folate and manganese.
- Garlic – A clove of garlic gives 4 calories; it is good for fighting colds, cancer and also improves* urinary tract infection.
- Cauliflower – This tasty cruciferous vegetable gives you only 27 calories per cup.
There are also some juicy tasty fruits that are low in calories, such as:
- Raspberries – Raspberries are rich in fiber, half cup gives you 32 calories.
- Apples – One fresh apple is the best snack you can choose instead of putting junks into your stomach. It is highly nutritious and low in calories.
- Grapefruit – This sweet fruit is an excellent source of vitamin C and half of a grapefruit gives you 37 calories.
- Apricot – Two medium apricots gives you 1 ½ g of fiber and 766 IUs beta carotene. It is also rich in potassium and phytosterols.
These low calories fruits and veggies keep your appetite under control and lessen your hunger pangs. They can also help in burning fats as well as boost* your metabolism.