What is Noom?
Noom is a company within the technology and health space whose mission is to “help people everywhere lead healthier lives through behavior change.” Based on the user’s interaction with the Noom app, the user learns about behavior change and how to put methods into action by reading original articles daily. Users log their food using a color system to understand the caloric density of the foods they eat and log their exercises.
Noom users also have access to a Goals Specialist that assists them in setting personal SMART goals. In addition, after the trial period ends, the user will gain access to their support team, a group coach, and other Noom users on the same journey toward developing a healthy lifestyle.
Ultimately, the program’s purpose is not just to help users lose weight. Instead, Noom is working to help users change their habits around food and their lifestyle to create long-lasting, healthy habits that will help sustain the changes they’ve made in the program for years to come.
How Does Noom Work?
Noom’s program uses a combination of SMART goal setting, coaching, food logging, active support groups, and relevant, research-backed articles tailored to the users’ needs to provide a well-rounded program to best support users as they work towards personal goals and health goals and sustain their progress.
Below are the features of this program:
- Goal Setting – a study in the BMC Nursing journal concluded that simplifying goal setting to goals that have the greatest potential clinical impact or have the greatest significance to the person may increase the success of weight loss goal achievement.
- Learning – learning how to tackle your weight loss through research-backed articles could be enlightening. A narrative review in the Journal of Human Nutrition and Dietetics discovered that using habits as tools to maintain weight loss was effective than using conventional interventions.
- Food Logging – through the Noom app, users can learn about the caloric density of the foods to help balance meals for successful weight management. A study in the Journal of Research in Medical Sciences concluded that low caloric intake was effective in maintaining weight loss.
- Support Group – a randomized controlled trial in PLoS One concluded that a Group Support Lifestyle Modification programme was more effective in achieving targeted weight loss, enhancing weight self-efficacy, friend social support, and quality of life compared to dietary counseling.
Noom Review – Does It Really Work?
According to a study conducted in 2016 with over 35,000 participants, 78% of Noom users sustained weight loss over 9 months.
In a study published in the British Medical Journal in 2016, 64% of Noom users lost more than 5 percent of their total body weight.
Individuals who participate in Noom’s program and adopt a healthy lifestyle can safely expect to lose, on average, 1-2 pounds per week. That said, results vary based on the goals the user has set at the beginning of the program and the user’s effort and participation throughout the program.
Noom Gives Back
NooMoms Program: Individuals that have given birth in the last 24 months are eligible to receive a free 12-month membership. To nominate yourself or another new mother, visit this link.
Q: How do I sign up for Noom?
A: Sign-up is available on the Noom website or Noom app.
Q: How do I cancel noom / unsubscribe Noom Program?
A: You must have the Noom app installed to cancel your trial or active Noom subscription.
Here are the steps Android and iOS users need to take to cancel Noom:
- Open the app on your device.
- Click on the blue chat bubble in the upper right corner of the home screen.
- Message your Goal Specialist, letting them know you wish to unsubscribe.
- You will receive a link to process the cancelation.
Note: Details regarding your subscription to the Noom Program, including what credit card you used to purchase, the amount you were/will be charged, what date you were/will be charged and more can be viewed on our user subscription portal at account.noom.com.
To view your subscription details, please log in using the same credentials you used to create a Noom account. For more information visit their official website.
Q: How long before I start seeing results?
A: Results vary, but users typically see an average weight loss of 1-2 pounds per week. Results vary based on the goals the user has set at the beginning of the program, as well as the user’s effort and participation throughout the program.
Q: How much does Noom cost?
A: Pricing varies depending on the program length the user chooses to commit.
Alternatives to Noom
What Do the Reviews Say?
My Noom step goals keep decreasing to 2000 steps per day, and my calories increase to over 2000 per day. Any day I eat over 2000 calories, I gain weight. And the step goal is absurd. It takes my coach a day or longer to get back to me most of the time too. I was excited because I had lost 15 pounds in 3 weeks, but now my weight has fluctuated, and it’s only 13 lbs in 4 weeks. I think there are a lot of glitches to be worked out, and the food logging is often inaccurate too.
The Final Verdict on Noom
Noom’s program is not meant to help users lose weight. Noom is working to help users change their habits around food and their lifestyle to create long-lasting, healthy habits that will help sustain the changes they’ve made in the program for years to come.
Individuals who participate in Noom’s program and adopt a healthy lifestyle can safely expect to lose, on average, 1-2 pounds per week.
That said, results vary based on the goals the user has set at the beginning of the program and the user’s effort and participation throughout the program.
Where To Find It?
You can BUY it directly from the Official Website