What is Noom?
Noom is a company within the technology and health space whose mission is to “help people everywhere lead healthier lives through behavior change.” Based around the user’s interaction with the Noom app, the user learns about behavior change and how to put methods into action through reading original articles on a daily basis. Users log their food using a color system to learn the caloric density of the foods they eat and log their exercises.
Noom users also have access to a Goals Specialist that assists them in setting personal SMART goals. After the trial period ends, the user will gain access to their own support team, made up of a group coach and other Noom users who are on the same journey towards developing a healthy lifestyle.
Ultimately, the purpose of the program is not just to help users lose weight. Noom is working to help users change the habits they’ve developed around food and their lifestyle in order to create long-lasting, healthy habits that will help sustain the changes they’ve made in the program for years to come.
How Does Noom Work?
Noom’s program uses a combination of SMART goal setting, coaching, food logging, active support groups, and relevant, research-backed articles tailored to the needs of the users to provide a well-rounded program to best support users as they work towards personal health goals and sustain their progress.
Below are the features of this program:
- Goal Setting – Work one-on-one with your personal Goals Specialist. This coach will help you develop goals for yourself that are SMART: specific, measurable, attainable, realistic, and timely. Your Goals Specialist doesn’t tell you what goals to set, they help you figure out what goals are most important to you.
- Learning – You will receive fun, easy to read, research-backed articles every day that target the challenges you’re facing on your health journey and teach to develop healthy habits that will help sustain the progress as you move forward.
- Food Logging – Noom’s color system helps you to learn about the caloric density of the foods you’re eating, helping to balance your meals and allow you to fit ANY food into your daily calorie budget!
- Support Group – After the trial period ends, users will be placed in a support group with other Noom users and a Group Coach. This group is a space for inspiration, additional learning, and provides an opportunity to seek advice and support from individuals that are in a concurrent and similar health journey. Your Group Coach will post articles, topics for discussions, and even weekend challenges you can complete together as a group. Many Noomers find their group to be one of the most valuable parts of their Noom experience.
Noom Review – Does It Really Work?
According to a study conducted in 2016 with over 35,000 participants, 78% of Noom users sustained weight loss over 9 months.
In a study published in the British Medical Journal in 2016, 64% of Noom users lost more than 5 percent of their total body weight.
Individuals who participate in Noom’s program and adopt a healthy lifestyle can safely expect to lose, on average, 1-2 pounds per week. With that said, results vary based on the goals the user has set at the beginning of the program, as well as the user’s effort and participation throughout the program.
The Pros of Noom
- Learn to develop long-last habits that will sustain your healthy lifestyle long after you’ve finished the program.
- Receive one-on-one goal setting assistance from your personal Goals Specialist.
- Seek support from your group coach and personal support group, comprised of other Noom users from all over the world that are on the same journey towards a healthier lifestyle.
- Delicious, healthy recipes available on the Noom app and the Noom blog.
- Ability to sync step tracker devices to the Noom app.
The Cons of Noom
- There is not currently a desktop version of Noom available. It is only available for use on iOS and Android mobile devices.
- Users must be 18 years of age or older.
- Users are not assigned to a support group until after the two-week trial.
Noom Gives Back
NooMoms Program: Individuals that have given birth in the last 24 months are eligible to receive a free 12-month membership. To nominate yourself or another new mother, visit this link.
Q: How do I sign up for Noom?
A: Sign up is available on the Noom website or Noom app.
Q: How long before I start seeing results?
A: Results vary, but users typically see an average weight loss of 1-2 pounds per week. Results vary based on the goals the user has set at the beginning of the program, as well as the user’s effort and participation throughout the program.
Q: How much does Noom cost?
A: Pricing varies depending on the length of the program to which the user chooses to commit.
Q: Will I have my own health coach?
A: Yes! Noom users will have access to their own personal Goals Specialist during their trial period. After the trial period ends and the user commits to a subscription, they will have access to both a Goals Specialist and a Group Coach.
The Final Verdict on Noom
Ultimately, Noom’s program is not meant to just help users lose weight. Noom is working to help users change the habits they’ve developed around food and their lifestyle in order to create long-lasting, healthy habits that will help sustain the changes they’ve made in the program for years to come.
Individuals who participate in Noom’s program and adopt a healthy lifestyle can safely expect to lose, on average, 1-2 pounds per week.
With that said, results vary based on the goals the user has set at the beginning of the program, as well as the user’s effort and participation throughout the program.
Where To Find It?
You can BUY it directly from the Official Website