Parabens are a very common form of preservatives used in cosmetic products. These are a series of parahydroxybenzoates (a form of chemicals). Parabens are commonly found in toothpaste, shampoos, anti-aging creams, acne creams, and more. These are preservatives that help in stopping the growth of bacteria and mold. It helps to increase the life of the products, and prevent the customers from potential harms.
There are around 90% products found in the grocery store containing a significant amount of parabens. Some of the most common forms of parabens used in chemical products are butylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben, and methylparaben. Methylparaben is known as an anti-fungal agent; Ethylparaben and Butylparaben are known for its antimicrobial and anti-aging properties; and Ethylparaben is also an antimicrobial agent, which is used in alcoholic beverages.
Why are Manufacturers Opting for Paraben Free Skin Care Products?
Due to many harmful effects of paraben, many cosmetic manufacturers in recent days have labeled their products as “paraben-free”. Recently, the British researcher found the connection between parabens and breast cancer. Parabens may also lead to decreased sperm count among men. Many side effects such as allergic reactions, dermatitis, and rosacea have been reported with cosmetics using parabens.
There are people who are discussing the healthy level of parabens exposure while others want to completely avoid it. Some believe that up to 25% parabens used in the ingredients are safe to use.
Working Process and Ingredients found in the Paraben Free Products
The manufacturers make use of various natural alternatives to parabens that offer even greater benefits. Some of the top ingredients found in paraben free products are:
1. Grapefruit Seed Extract
This ingredient is one of the most common alternatives to parabens used by the manufacturer with similar antimicrobial properties.
2. Oils, Vitamins, and Herbs
There are some natural oils, vitamins, and herbs with preservative properties. However, it does not last long, and it must be used immediately.
3. Sodium Benzoate
This ingredient is naturally found in fruits and roots, which is a risk-free alternative to parabens.
4. Prickly Pear Seed Oil
It’s a new alternative for the parabens with a high concentration of vitamin E.
Benefits of Using Paraben Free Skincare Products
As there are many harmful effects of parabens, the elimination of parabens from the ingredients definitely adds many benefits to the product. Here are some of the benefits of using paraben free skincare products.
1. Reduce The Risk of Cancer
Paraben is the reason behind the introduction of oestrogen in the human body. This hormone similar to estrogen can cause sensitive endocrine imbalance, which can lead to cancer and various other complications.
2. Lower Risk of Reproductive Complications
There are studies showing the relationship between low sperm counts, birth defects, and parabens. Avoiding it will keep you safe from the risk.
3. Reduced Risk of Early Onset Puberty
The xenoestrogen effect of parabens can lead to early puberty.
4. Ward off Negative Side Effects
There are many side effects reported due to the exposure of parabens such as dermatitis and rosacea.
5. Increased Anti-Aging
More anti-aging benefits can be extracted with paraben free skincare products.
6. Healthier Hair
The shampoos containing parabens can cause brittle, dry and frizzy hair.
What are some of The Best Paraben-Free Products?
1. Mun Beauty: This product is developed with an aim to bring together the beauty, substantiality, and health. The ingredients used in this product are solely extracted from plants. These plants are sourced from women-owned local cooperatives.
2. Ilia Tinted Lip Color: It’s an organic and classic lip tint. This product nourishes your lips like a hydrating lip balm and stays on your lip like a sheer lipstick.
3. Tarte Lifted Sweatproof Mascara: It’s a vegan product, which is tested by both dermatologist and ophthalmologist.
Anti-Aging and Wrinkle Creams
1. Mahalo Skincare: It’s a high-quality organic skin care from Hawaii.
2. Odacite: This product is manufactured with fresh ingredients, making it potent and effective.
3.May Lindstrom Skin: This is the luxury skincare product that is manufactured with the use of the highest quality natural ingredients.
Shampoos and Conditioners
1. John Master’s Organic: This universal formula uses ingredients like white tea, evening primrose, chamomile, and jojoba oil. It enhances your hair’s moisture and strength.
3. Dr. Bronners: This product uses its castile soap base, and it further includes grape juice and shikakai form organic sugar.
After knowing the harmful impacts of parabens, you should be smart enough to use paraben- free skin care products. Prevention is better than cure, and using paraben free products can prevent you from various health risks. The risks of using parabens are more than the benefits of using the products with paraben.
The next thing to do is to search for products with parabens in your home. If you see parabens in the ingredients, then get rid of that product.