In This Article
What is Skinceuticals Eye Cream?
Skinceuticals Eye Cream is a product designed to address aging problems around the eye area. It is formulated to combat puffiness, dark circles, and sagging skin. It may as well help slow the process of skin aging through supplying deficient nutrients to the skin.
This product uses a blend of ingredients that are supposedly friendly to the delicate skin around the eye region. Notably also, is that, this eye cream may help improve premature skin aging. It is also specifically branded with environmental protection benefits. In that, it may offer an additional barrier against elements such as UV rays and harsh temperature fluctuations.
Who is the Manufacturer of Skinceuticals Eye Cream?
The manufacturer of this eye cream is Skinceuticals, that was founded in 1994. Its founding scientist is Sheldon Pinnell, M.D. whose research focused on topical antioxidants which lead to discoveries in the skin care industry. The company has so far grown in popularity since its inception, and offers a range of skincare products including anti-aging formulations that use patented ingredients. As a brand, Skinceuticals’ philosophy focuses on products that offer prevention, protection, and correction to the skin.
How Does Skinceuticals Eye Cream Work?
The skin around the eye area is thinnest and the most delicate in the whole body. For this reason, Skinceuticals Eye Cream is intentionally a gentle cream designed to help restore the skin’s moisture, elasticity, and radiance.
This product claims to work by supporting collagen synthesis, improving hydration, and protecting the eye area from harsh environmental conditions. For collagen synthesis, the cream contains Centella asiatica, a botanical extract that works like a Plexaderm alternative. This ingredient is responsible for diminishing fine lines and skin sagging. Ectoine in the eye cream works to protect the eye area from harsh environmental conditions such as extreme cold or heat. Thanks to this ingredient, further development of skin aging signs is prevented. Additionally, this eye cream contains eye-specific peptides which may supplement the skin’s collagen production.
Skinceuticals Eye Cream Ingredients – Are they Safe & Effective?
- Propylene Glycol – This ingredient is a synthetic alcohol that attracts water and a widely used ingredient in cosmetics according to the International Journal of Toxicology.
Propylene glycol is used in personal care products such as facial cleansers, moisturizers, and bath soaps. Since it is a humectant, it may help hydrate the skin adequately.
- Sodium Hyaluronate – This ingredient is a salt of hyaluronic acid. It has high water binding potential which is important for skin hydration. According to the Journal of Drugs in Dermatology, hyaluronic acid helps the skin retain and maintain elasticity, turgor and moisture.
- Ceramides – These ingredients are a family of waxy lipid molecules which are known to lock moisture on the skin thus preventing dryness and irritation. In a research by the Clinical Cosmetic and Investigational Dermatology, ceramides were found to increase skin hydration and improve barrier function.
- Centella Asiatica – This ingredient is also known as Gotu Kola, a medicinal plant that has been used in folk medicine for centuries. According to the Advances in Dermatology and Allergology, Centella asiatica is effective in improving small wounds, burns, psoriasis, and scleroderma. It works through increasing collagen synthesis as well as promoting fibroblast proliferation.
- Ectoine – In a meta-analysis of the efficacy of ectoine in the Journal of Allergy, ectoine was found to be effective in the treatment of nasal and ocular treatment. Individuals under study were placed under ectoine treatment for seven days and a strong reduction of symptom severity was recorded.
What are the Advantages of Skinceuticals Eye Cream?
- Claimed to contain state-of-the art ingredients that may protect the skin from future development of aging signs
- Helps combat dark circles, eye puffiness, and skin sagging
- Effectively firms skin around the eyes
- May protect the skin from harsh environmental conditions
- Claims to improve skin hydration
What are the Disadvantages of Skinceuticals Eye Cream?
- It is not meant for use on the eyebrows or upper eyelids
- Can only be ordered online
Q: How Should You Use Skinceuticals Eye Cream?
A: Apply the eye cream on clean and dry skin, once or twice a day. Using your fingertip, put a pea-size amount of the cream under and outside the eye area. Massage gently until well absorbed. Avoid contact with eyebrows and eyelids.
Q: How Much Does Skinceuticals Eye Cream Cost?
A: This eye cream currently retails for $72.00 and may be purchased directly from the producer’s website or through its official distributors.
Q: What is Skinceuticals Eye Cream Return Policy?
A: The company allows unsatisfied customers to return products within 14 days. Products should be unopened for a refund to be issued.
Q: Does Skinceuticals Eye Cream Offer a Free Trial?
A: There are no free trials mentioned on the company’s website page, as at now. However, it common for brands to at some point create sample products for promotion, so keep checking the official website on the same.
Skinceuticals Eye Cream – Final Verdict
Skinceuticals Eye Cream may be a good eye cream as it contains notable ingredients that are known to be efficient in preventing premature aging. Most of the active ingredients have scientific proof that they work through promoting hydration and preventing further development of aging signs.
The eye cream has also been praised for its firming capability making it suitable for users battling with sagging under eyes. Additionally, this formula has received positive feedback from users who claim the cream works well on fine lines.
Although Skinceuticals Eye Cream is not to be used on the eyelids, it covers the under eyes and the area around the eyes. Only a small amount is required to be applied meaning a little goes a long way, so it may be pocket friendly in the long term. In other words, the 0.6 oz bottle may last long and so it could be a worthy investment. And since the bottle comes with a dispenser, application is made easy and efficient.
Where To Find It?
To make an order, visit the product’s Official Website
The most common eye area issues are puffiness, dark circles, wrinkles and crow’s feet, and loss of hydration. There are countless eye creams available on the market today, making it seem nearly impossible to find the “right one” that meets our specific under eye needs. It is imperative to find a product that has been formulated to address a variety of complex eye area problems.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective eye cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.