Cannabidiol can be just as effective in pets as in humans for treating symptoms of anxiety.
Cannabidiol, or CBD for short, is a member of a family of compounds known as cannabinoids – which are derived from the cannabis plant.
Without going into extensive detail, as it has been covered in a number of other online articles, cannabidiol is a cannabinoid that has been scientifically noted to have extensive therapeutic and medicinal benefits without the psychoactive effects that marijuana is globally known for having.
Table of Contents [Show]
- What causes anxiety in dogs?
- What is CBD Oil and how does it work for anxiety?
- How does CBD work for anxiety in dogs?
- The Endocannabinoid System
- How is CBD administered to dogs?
- Proper Dosing Guidelines
- Other Health Issues CBD Treats in Dogs
- Will CBD Oil work for my dog?
- Every Day Optimal CBD Oil for Cats and Dogs – A Review
- Who is Every Day Optimal CBD?
- What makes Every Day Optimal a quality seller of CBD?
- How does Every Day Optimal CBD Oil for Dog Anxiety Work?
- Are they safe and effective?
- Every Day Optimal CBD Oil for Dogs Ingredients
- Supplement Facts
- Every Day Optimal CBD Oil for Pets – Advantages
- Every Day Optimal CBD Oil for Pets – Disadvantages
- Frequently Asked Questions About Every Day Optimal CBD Oil for Pets
- Every Day Optimal CBD Oil for Pets – Final Verdict
- Where To Find It?
In this article, we will discuss how CBD oil can be used to treat symptoms of anxiety in dogs.
Dogs and cats both can experience symptoms of anxiety in two prominent way, behavioral and situational anxiety – triggered only when certain activities occur and not something that your dog experiences perpetually.
Your pet may experience behavioral anxiety issues, most comparable to separation anxiety. Alternatively, certain acts and noises can cause what is known as situational anxiety in pets. Common triggers of situational anxiety are:
- Travel (car rides of any length)
- Thunderstorms and/or lightning
- Having company over
The following is a list of the most common symptoms associated with anxiety in dogs:
- Urinating or defecating on the floor despite housetraining
- Loss of appetite
- Nervous licking of the lips.
What is CBD Oil and how does it work for anxiety?
What causes anxiety in dogs?
As stated earlier, cannabidiol (CBD) is an organic plant compound or cannabinoid, that is found exclusively in the cannabis and hemp plant. For thousands of years, hemp products have been cultivated as one of the most versatile industrial commodities available. It has hundreds of applications not only in the industrial field but within the medical community as well.
Cannabidiol has been shown to have a magnitude of positive effects for a multitude of health conditions – one of those medicinal purposes is anxiety relief for both people and pets! When CBD enters a mammal’s endocannabinoid system, specialized receptors located throughout the body are activated.
These are the only known receptors in the body that allows for two-way communication between body systems. Studies suggest that this makes CBD able to temporarily relieve symptoms of anxiety and depression by inducing a feeling of calm.
How does CBD work for anxiety in dogs?
Cannabidiol has been found to be extremely successful in treating symptoms of situational anxiety in dogs due to its calming and soothing effect. Behavioral anxiety, such as separation anxiety and/or increased aggression needs to be trained by a professional and cannot be “fixed” by using a CBD-infused product alone.
To reap the maximum benefits for your pet, it is highly advised to administer CBD in addition to training to better help your dog relax and stay calm. Alternatively, if you are looking for a remedy for your pet’s situational anxiety, then CBD-oil may be able to help.
To fully understand the benefits that cannabidiol could have for your pet (and even yourself), it helps to have a basic understanding of our endocannabinoid system.
The Endocannabinoid System
The endocannabinoid system is a newly discovered system that is present in all mammals. The scientific community widely believes it to be the most important system for establishing and maintaining health. Research demonstrates that cannabidiol interacts with this system, allowing it to be used to treat a vast array of diseases and disorders.
Certain studies show that CBD is able to soothe and calm anxiety in a healthy and natural way. When your body naturally release these endocannabinoid chemicals (or they are ingested through a tincture), they connect with these specialized receptors to stimulate our body’s natural ability to create and release serotonin – which is a natural mood stabilizer.
How is CBD administered to dogs?
The quickest and most popular administration method consists of applying a drop of CBD oil directly onto the dog’s tongue via dropper. If you are unsuccessful with this approach then you can substitute by mixing the dose in with your dog’s meal or drink.
However, some topical treatments exist as well as CBD-infused dog treats. CBD-oil for dogs can also be used in conjunction with your dog’s traditional treatments and medications, however, it is strongly suggested to consult with a certified veterinarian before doing so.
Proper Dosing Guidelines
As with all medications, traditional and alternative, the correct dosage is imperative. If you administer the correct dose to your pet then they will be able to utilize CBD’s maximum benefits. Most CBD-infused products come complete with a set of serving suggestions printed right on the bottle. Always follow proper dosing instructions until you understand how cannabidiol affects your pet.
Other Health Issues CBD Treats in Dogs
Research demonstrates that CBD oil can be beneficial for acute and chronic issues as well – not merely anxiety. Cannabidiol supports our immune system’s ability to modulate activity, allowing the body to better control and manage cellular degeneration.
This helps prevent: arthritis, joint issues, neuropathic disorders, blood disorders, as well as tumors and cancers. The following is a list of ways that CBD-oil could possibly work to alleviate certain disorders in dogs.
- 1. Joint Pain – There has been little study conducted in regard to CBD’s impact on joint pain in dogs, however, anecdotal evidence as well as human studies exist that lead us to believe that cannabidiol could potentially relieve pain in dogs.
- 2. Arthritis – Felix Duerr, of Colorado State University, is the pioneer of the research of the therapeutic effect of CBD on arthritis in dogs. While no definitive conclusions have been made as of yet, the anecdotal evidence seems promising. The arthritic dogs that participated in the study are shown to be more playful and mobile after just a few weeks of treatment.
- 3. Epileptic and Non-Epileptic Seizures – It is estimated that upwards to 5% of dogs suffer from some form of seizure disorder. Fortunately, a multitude of studies exist that demonstrate CBD’s ability to greatly reduce and/or eliminate seizure activity in both humans and dogs.
- 4. Tremor Control and Elimination – This is another area of study that requires further research in canines specifically. However, scientific evidence exists that shows how CBD can slow tumor growth and even break them down over time.
- 5. Glaucoma – CBD has been clinically proven to have the ability to reduce eye pressure that is traditionally associated with glaucoma – providing almost instantaneous relief to both humans and dogs. This, in turn, also improves anxiety, pain, and motor control that is also associated with conanine glaucoma.
- 6. Loss of Appetite – CBD oil has proven to be an appetite stimulant in dogs. Dogs suffering from symptoms of depression, anxiety, or cancer treatment are all likely to experience a clinically dangerous lack of appetite as well. This research suggests that CBD could help alleviate this symptom.
Will CBD Oil work for my dog?
Possibly! It is important to note that the majority of known data of CBD relates almost exclusively to humans and lab animals. As mentioned earlier, dogs and humans share a similar endocannabinoid system, suggesting that CBD could be just as effective for canines as it is for humans.
We are not doctors and therefore this article is not intended to diagnose or treat any pet disorder. Speak with your pet’s veterinarian to learn whether treatment with cannabidiol could work to alleviate their symptoms.
Every Day Optimal CBD Oil for Cats and Dogs – A Review
Who is Every Day Optimal CBD?
As stated on their bio page, Every Day Optimal CBD was founded with a simple mission: “To help as many people as possible.” They offer only the highest quality cannabidiol attainable, sourced from local hemp farmers and manufactured beginning to finish right here in the USA. They offer a full line of products including CBD gummy bears, tinctures, e-liquids, pet oils, capsules, gum, and even specialty formulas designed with added vitamins.
What makes Every Day Optimal a quality seller of CBD?
Every Day Optimal CBD sources their cannabidiol from local hemp farmers who practice natural, clean, and organic farming techniques. Each product is then routinely tested by third party labs for both accuracy and consistency – ensuring the highest quality CBD-infused products attainable.
How does Every Day Optimal CBD Oil for Dog Anxiety Work?
Using CBD-infused pet products has never been easier. Simply use the convenient dropper that is included in every bottle to apply a drop(s) of beef flavored CBD oil directly into your pets’ mouth or into their food or drink once per day according to their size. The cannabidiol goes to work almost instantaneously, providing your pet with lasting anxiety relief.
Are they safe and effective?
You and your pet’s safety are paramount when discussing the possibility of introducing a CBD regimen to your dog’s lifestyle. Despite a lack of proper research, there is a reason to believe that cannabidiol could be successful in treating multiple canine disorders simultaneously.
Using CBD-oil to treat your dog’s anxiety could also inadvertently sooth other symptoms that you may not have even known were present, like arthritic pain, eating disorders, and glaucoma. While canine studies are limited, cannabidiol has proven to be a safe and effective treatment for humans – who share a similar endocannabinoid system.
To back this claim, the World Health Organization (WHO) has deemed cannabidiol a safe and well-tolerated compound with no risk of abuse or overdose.
Every Day Optimal CBD Oil for Dogs Ingredients
- 125 mg pure CBD oil
- Beef flavoring
Every Day Optimal CBD Oil for pets comes in a 60 mL bottle and contains approximately 60 doses depending on the size of your pet. Each half dropper provides about 2.13 mg of pure CBD oil. Every Day Optimal CBD recommends starting with one dose per day until you know how your dog responds to cannabidiol. Recommended dose strengths are as follows:
- Small Sized Pets (cats and small dogs): 1-3 drops
- Medium Sized Pets (dogs): 3-5 drops
- Large Pets (dogs): Up to half of a full dropper
Every Day Optimal CBD Oil for Pets – Advantages
Pet owners can hope to use CBD oil to help ease a number of different health conditions in their pets, not merely anxiety. CBD derived from hemp oil is a 100% natural and organic treatment that has been proven successful without any adverse side-effects.
Every Day Optimal CBD Oil for Pets – Disadvantages
Despite a general knowledge of a mammal’s endocannabinoid system and how CBD interacts with it to provide therapeutic relief and health benefits, there has been an inadequate amount of formidable research conducted on the matter. While there have been numerous studies to confirm the clinical impacts of controlled cannabidiol, there are still many unanswered questions including:
- What is the exact dose strength required to achieve maximum therapeutic effects?
- Are there any long-term impacts of CBD-treated ailments?
- What is the most effective method of introducing CBD oil to dogs?
Frequently Asked Questions About Every Day Optimal CBD Oil for Pets
1 Q.How should I give CBD oil to my pet?
Most dogs will take the medicine straight from the dropper, which happens to be the most preferred and fastest acting delivery method. If your pet is unable to take the CBD in this way, then it can also be mixed in with their food or water.
2 Q.Will my dog get high from using CBD Oil for pets?
No. CBD is a non-psychoactive compound, meaning that it will not create an intoxicating effect.
3 Q.Will my dog develop an addiction to CBD?
No. CBD is non-habit forming and does not induce a physical dependency in dogs or in humans.
4 Q.How expensive is a bottle of CBD oil for pets?
Every Day Optimal CBD oil for pets is retailed at $29.99 per 60 mL bottle, but new customers can enjoy 10% off of their first order.
5 Q.What is Every Day Optimal CBD’s return policy?
Each product is backed by a 30-day, 100% money-back guarantee. If you are unsatisfied with your purchase for any reason, return the unused portion within 30-days of purchase and receive a full refund.
6 Q.Does Every Day Optimal CBD offer a free trial?
Every Day Optimal CBD does not offer a free trial at this time – however, first-time customers can enjoy a 10% discount off their first purchase and will also enjoy a 30-day, 100% money-back guarantee on all products.
Every Day Optimal CBD Oil for Pets – Final Verdict
Every Day Optimal utilizes only the highest quality of cannabidiol attainable. The versatility of their products extends beyond human application – allowing for our pets to reap its therapeutic effects as well. Every Day Optimal stands by their products by routinely testing them by third-party labs and offering a 30-day, 100% money-back guarantee to their customers. First-time buyers can even enjoy 10% off their first order.
All in all, we give Every Day Optimal CBD-Oil for pets a 10/10!
Where To Find It?
For more details, please go Official WebSite