Dr. Kristina DeMatas
Dr. Kristina DeMatas is a family and sports medicine Physician at Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Florida. She is also the founder of Sporty Doctor, where she shares tips on nutrition and rehabilitation.
She attended osteopathic medical school and treat sports injuries. She truly believe in the body's innate ability to heal itself and the power of physical therapy to treat injuries. She prefers to focus on prevention instead of just prescribing medications.
To help people reduce the need for drugs and tap into the body's natural ability to heal itself by focusing on prevention and rehabilitation.
To help weekend warriors and elite athletes alike stay active with non-surgical techniques and holistic treatment options. Together, we can conquer pain!
- She is a primary care physician, also active and have a passion for sports.
- Have many years of training and experience in sports medicine. Also completed a sports medicine fellowship.
Education and Credentials
- she is a doctor of osteopathy, means she do practice holistic medicine.
- attended the founding College of Osteopathic Medicine A.T. Still University
- completed her fellowship training at the Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, FL
Most Recent Articles
posted in Joint Pain
Shoulder arthritis is a painful medical condition which many individuals experience. It can occur due to gradual wear and tear of the joints, chronic labrum or rotator cuff tearing...Read More