In This Article
What is Skinceuticals Retinol 1.0?
SkinCeuticals Retinol 1.0 is a high-concentration retinol face cream that claims to improve the appearance of aging signs such as fine lines and wrinkles. It also claims to minimize pore size as well as skin breakouts.
This product may be particularly ideal for users with problematic and sun-damaged skin that has been treated with retinol 0.5. It is a night cream and has been formulated with the highest concentration of pure retinol (1.0%) as per the manufacturer.
To ensure its stability and even release of the concentration in the product, the latest technology has been employed. Using it may help diminish skin discoloration and blemishes promotes cell turnover and minimizes irritation caused by retinol.
Who is the Manufacturer of SkinCeuticals Retinol 1.0?
The manufacturer of this retinol night cream is SkinCeuticals, a skincare brand located in the USA. This brand sells its skincare products internationally. It sells a wide variety of products ranging from cleansers to moisturizers. SkinCeuticals claims that its operations are been by three pillars which are to correct signs of aging, protect healthy skin, and prevent skin damage. Furthermore, the company provided that its products are backed by innovation and science to ensure users get the highest quality possible.
How Does SkinCeuticals Retinol 1.0 Work?
SkinCeuticals Retinol 1.0 contains the highest concentration of pure retinol. Topical retinol has been used extensively in combating aging signs such as fine lines, wrinkles, skin laxity, and discoloration. Retinol also accelerates cell turnover which improves the appearance of pores and diminishes blemishes. Since retinol is highly susceptible to breakdowns, Retinol 1.0’s packaging has been designed to maintain the integrity of the ingredients while it lasts. Additionally, the cream works synergistically with the skin’s natural lipid structure to enhance absorption.
SkinCeuticals Retinol 1.0 Ingredients – Are they Safe & Effective?
- Retinol – This ingredient has been used widely in the treatment of skin aging. According to the Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology, retinol anti-aging effects are in form of UV induction inhibition and collagen synthesis boost. While retinol causes erythema and skin irritation, it is less rampant compared to retinoic acid.
- Hydrogenated Lecithin – lecithin is the mixture of the diglycerides of oleic, palmitic, and stearic acids. Hydrogenated lecithin is used in cosmetic formulations such as conditioning agents and surfactant-emulsifying agents according to the International Journal of Toxicology. The journal also concluded that hydrogenated lecithin is non-irritating and non-sensitizing.
- Boswellia Serrata Gum – The gum-resin extracts of Boswellia serrata have been in use in folk medicine for centuries. It was commonly used to treat various chronic inflammatory diseases as documented by the Indian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences. The resinous part of this plant contains various components such as monoterpenes and diterpenes.
- Citric Acid – This is an organic acid that occurs naturally in citrus fruits such as lemons and limes. Citric acid is widely used in various cosmetic formulations due to its antioxidant properties according to Dermatology Research and Practice.
- Bisabolol – This is a colorless viscous oil that is a constituent of chamomile plant and Boswellia serrata extract. In an 8 week study by the International Journal of Cosmetic Science, 28 women with pigmented skin were subjected to a cream containing alpha-bisabolol. The study concluded that the ingredient caused a significant lightening effect on the subjects.
What are the Advantages of SkinCeuticals Retinol 1.0?
- It might help improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- May diminish blemishes and blotchiness
- May unclog pores and minimize acne breakouts
- Claimed to be non-comedogenic and free from gluten, fragrance, and parabens
- Has a specialized packaging that preserves retinol potency
What are the Disadvantages of SkinCeuticals Retinol 1.0?
- This cream may not be suitable for dry and sensitive skin types
- Though claimed to have minimal irritation, some users may experience mild discomfort
Q: How Should You Take SkinCeuticals Retinol 1.0?
A: Apply a pea size amount of the cream to clean, dry skin while avoiding the eye area nightly. Start using once or twice a week then gradually increase the frequency to nightly if product is well tolerated. To establish tolerance, it is recommended to start with retinol 0.3. Since retinol increases photosensitivity, ensure to use a high-protection, broad spectrum sunscreen when using this cream. Before applying other skincare products, allow product to absorb well,
Q: How Much Does SkinCeuticals Retinol 1.0 Cost?
A: This retinol cream costs $88.00 on the brand’s official website.
Q: What is SkinCeuticals Retinol 1.0 Return Policy?
A: SkinCeuticals allows unsatisfied customers to return products within 30 days after the purchase date.
Q: Does SkinCeuticals Retinol 1.0 Offer a Free Trial?
A: For one-time buyers, there are no free samples available. However, customers who subscribe to the brand’s subscription service receive both complimentary shipping and free samples.
SkinCeuticals Retinol 1.0 – Final Verdict
SkinCeuticals Retinol 1.0 is a retinol cream that targets acne, aging, and skin discoloration. It is designed for users with normal, oily, and combination skin types. It is ideal for skin pre-conditioned with retinol 0.5 and is claimed to be non-comedogenic. And since it is free from parabens, fragrance, and gluten, it may be a safe product to use.
Apart from fading aging signs, this cream is said to promote cell turnover, fade discoloration, lighten blemishes, as well as to unclog pores. Users trying to combat these skin conditions may reach their goal with this product as all key ingredients have scientific proof to back their effectiveness.
Well, this product limits users with dry and sensitive skin from using it. This is because retinol may further skin dryness and increase skin sensitivity. SkinCeuticals Retinol 1.0 is also unsuitable for pregnant women as well as those trying to get pregnant.
However, if you don’t have any specific retinol related issues, this could be that product you may want to try. It is packaged to preserve the potency of retinol which is known to be vulnerable to breakdown. SkinCeuticals Retinol 0.1 also employs an optimized delivery system to reinforce the stability and efficacy of pure retinol.
On the product page, this retinol cream received a rating of 4.1 stars which is quite good. Users claimed it worked for them.
Where To Find It?
To make an order, visit the product’s Official Website