In This Article
What is SkinCeuticals A.G.E. Interrupter?
SkinCeuticals A.G.E. is a high concentration anti-wrinkle cream. It claims to improve the appearance of aging signs caused by advanced glycation end-products (A.G.E), a major factor that causes the natural aging process.
This cream is formulated using patented ingredients as well as botanical extracts as per the manufacturer’s claims. These components may improve the appearance of crepey and thinning skin, enhance the appearance of fine lines, skin texture, and wrinkles.
Also, it may replenish the skin’s moisture and nutrients to improve skin laxity, as well as soothe the discomfort caused by dry skin.
Who is the Manufacturer of SkinCeuticals A.G.E. Interrupter?
The company that makes this anti-wrinkle cream goes by the name SkinCeutical, a skincare brand that is based in the USA. This company sells products that claim to improve skin health such as cleansers, moisturizers, masks, sunscreens, antiaging creams, and exfoliators among others. With the help of scientific innovations, the manufacturer claims to provide its clients with products that are not only effective but also safe.
How Does SkinCeuticals A.G.E. Interrupter Work?
SkinCeuticals A.G.E Interrupter works through its ingredients to combat wrinkle caused by the glycation process while restoring skin firmness. These naturally derived ingredients contain antioxidants and anti-glycation components that scavenge free radicals and fortify the skin’s matrix to reduce the appearance of wrinkles. Additionally, these ingredients also work to improve skin firmness. A 12-weel study by the company showed; improvement in the appearance of wrinkles enhanced skin firmness, and improvement in skin texture
SkinCeuticals A.G.E. Interrupter Ingredients – Are they Safe & Effective?
- Blueberry Extract- this ingredient content in the formula is 4%. Blueberry is native to North America and its consumption has increased globally due to its health and longevity boosting ability. According to the TOJSAT Journal, blueberry extract has higher antioxidant levels which reduce radicals that cause skin aging.
- Proxylane- this is a patented ingredient that is claimed to be derived from beech wood through an environmentally-efficient method. This ingredient supports the skin’s matrix and restores the skin’s moisture. According to SkinCeuticals, proxylane is easily biodegradable and non-eco-toxic, a claim seems supported by a research article in the Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry Letters.
- Phytosphingosine- this ingredient is a lipid occurring naturally in the stratum corneum with anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial activity. Since lipids are important constituents of the human epidermis, application of formulation with phytosphingosine leads to its integration into the natural lipid structures according to the International Journal of Cosmetic Science.
- Bilberry Extract- This ingredient is scientifically known as Vaccinium myrtillus. According to the BioFactors Journal, these berries are good antioxidant sources. In cosmetics, bilberry is known to calm and soothe skin against redness. It can also protect skin against UVA.
What are the Advantages of SkinCeuticals A.G.E. Interrupter?
- It may reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and crepey skin
- Claims to help restore the skin’s hydration and nutrient level
- It may comfort dry aging skin
- Suitable for dry, normal, and sensitive skin
- Alcohol and dye free
What are the Disadvantages of SkinCeuticals A.G.E. Interrupter?
- This anti-wrinkle cream contains fragrance
- Not for users with oily skin
Q: How Should You Use SkinCeuticals A.G.E. Interrupter?
A: Apply a thin even layer of SkinCeuticals A.G.E. Interrupter onto the face, neck, and décolleté once or twice daily. If using in the morning, apply after the SkinCeuticals vitamin C antioxidant serum and before a SkinCeuticals sunscreen. At night, apply after retinol application.
Q: How Much Does SkinCeuticals A.G.E. Interrupter Cost?
A: The 1.7 oz tub of SkinCeuticals A.G.E. Interrupter costs $162.00 on the official website.
Q: What is SkinCeuticals A.G.E. Interrupter Return Policy?
A: SkinCeuticals allows unsatisfied users to return products within 30 days from the purchase date. For more information on how to place your returns, you may have to contact the company via email or phone during working hours.
Q: Does Product SkinCeuticals A.G.E. Interrupter Offer a Free Trial?
A: There are no free samples provided alongside this anti-wrinkle cream if you are a one-time buyer. However, if you subscribe to the brand’s subscription service, you get complimentary shipping as well as free samples.
SkinCeuticals A.G.E. Interrupter – Final Verdict
As we age, the skin loses its moisture levels, protein composition, and firmness giving way to the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. With these changes, proteins and lipids are forced to bond with a sugar molecule in a process known as glycation. Glycation, as we’ve seen earlier, contributes a lot to the natural aging process.
SkinCeuticals A.G.E Interrupter is an antiaging product that claims to reduce fine lines and wrinkles through its anti-glycation ingredients. It also promises to improve skin laxity and reduce crepey skin for both men and women.
With a blend of blueberry extract (antioxidants), phytosphingosine (lipids), and proxylane (moisture), this product may actually realize its goal. Moreover, these key ingredients have scientific backing which supports their effectiveness. And if science supports this product, it may probably work.
On the product page, Dr. Anca Tchelebi from Park Avenue Medical Spa reviewed this product saying that its corrective nature would notably improve the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
Additionally, this formula is effective for dry, normal, and sensitive skin. It is free from alcohol, dye, and parabens. This means that the chances of getting skin irritation are quite slim. So if you have sensitive skin, you can use this cream especially if you do not react to perfumed products. If fragrance is not for you at all, you may want to opt for a different product from the same brand because they have an option.
As we age the composition, texture and appearance of our skin changes. Signs of skin aging include wrinkles, fine lines, loss of moisture, uneven tone, and dull, tired-looking skin. There are countless anti-wrinkle creams on the market promising to make skin look and feel younger. Many anti-wrinkle creams promise everything short of a facelift or to provide the much sought after "fountain of youth". In reality most are just moisturizers marketed as anti-aging products.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective wrinkle serum/cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.
Verdict on Claimed Benefits: Below is our summary of the available evidence for the claimed benefits of below mentioned anti-aging products and anti-wrinkle creams based on the available research: