In This Review
What is Curology?
Curology is a skin care formula that is sold on a monthly basis to subscribers. It contains ingredients that include Azelaic Acid, Clindamycin, Niacinamide, Tretinoin, and Zinc Pyrithione.
The manufacturer of Curology claims this product may help with acne-prone skin, signs of aging, such as dark spots and wrinkles, and create a firmer texture.
Who is the Manufacturer of Curology?
This product is designed and manufactured by Curology, located in San Francisco, California. The company was founded by Dr. Nancy Satur and Dr. David Lortscher.
The manufacturer claims that this formula is customized to the user and may help with different types of skin-related problems, such as pimples, clogged pores, dark spots, sagging and wrinkles.
How Does Curology Work?
The product contains ingredients that are used to treat acne and other skin conditions. The product comes in cream form that is applied to the face and neck every evening before bedtime.
The manufacturer recommends using this product every night unless skin becomes dry, in which the user should apply it every other night.
Curology Skin Ingredients – Are they Safe & Effective?
The manufacturer states that the active ingredients in each bottle of Curology is developed on a person-by-person basis. It also states that each bottle contains a custom mix of three of these six ingredients:
- Clindamycin – An antibiotic used to treat a wide variety of bacterial infections.
- Azelaic Acid – Found in grains, this may brighten skin tone and improve the evenness of the skin’s texture.
- Tretinoin – A topical medication used to treat acne.
- Niacinamide – A form of vitamin B3, this may be helpful for certain skin conditions and keeping skin healthy.
- Vitamin C (Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate) – A water-soluble form of Vitamin C that may brighten skin tone and reduce signs of aging.
- Zinc Pyrithione – A topical agent used for various skin treatments.
What are the Advantages of Curology?
- The ingredients are customized for the user’s specific needs and skin problems.
- This product may treat acne using the formula of Azelaic Acid, Clindamycin, Niacinamide, Tretinoin, And Zinc Pyrithione.
- Curology may relieve clogged pores using a blended mix of tretinoin.
- This product may also treat common signs of aging, such as dark spots and wrinkles.
What are the Disadvantages of Curology?
- Users may not want a monthly subscription for skin care products.
- The specific amount of ingredients is not known, and Azelaic Acid may make skin more sensitive to UV rays.
- Some individuals may get skin rashes or swelling due to the use of Clindamycin and Tretinoin.
- In some individuals, Niacinamide has caused stomach discomfort, nausea and headaches.
Q: How Should You use Curology?
A: According to the company’s website, the Curology formula should be applied in the evening before bed after the skin is washed and completely dry.
Q: Is Curology good for young men?
A: Not to toot our own horn, but Curology makes a great face cream for men. To simplify the whole skincare routine thing, we’ve even got an option where you can sign up for the Curology set: a simple, gentle cleanser and your choice of moisturizer.
Q: How Much Does Curology Cost?
A: The company states that a subscription for Curology could range from $240-$480 per year depending on the products and supplies. According to the manufacturer, a 30-day supply costs $19.95 and a 60-day supply costs $39.90. A two-month subscription plan has free shipping while the monthly plan charges shipping and handling.
Q: What is Curology’s Return Policy?
A: According to the Curology website, the company does not accept returns or exchanges.
Q: Does Curology Offer a Free Trial?
A: There is a free trial for the cost of shipping, $4.95, and any applicable sales tax.
Curology Review – Final Verdict
Curology claims that the cream may treat both acne and aging, and each formula is specifically combined for the user’s individual skin needs. This product uses ingredients that may treat acne-related issues. The company also claims that their formula may help regenerate skin cells, improve the skin’s glow, and smooth the skin’s surface.
They go on to say that their product will fight wrinkles with its formula of Tretinoin and Vitamin C while also firming the skin. Many users of Curology have posted before and after pictures on various sites illustrating how their acne has cleared up.
However, it is not clear how much Niacinamide is used in the blends and, in some cases, this ingredient has caused stomach discomfort, nausea, and headaches. In addition, the use of Clindamycin, and Tretinoin may cause skin redness or rashes depending on skin sensitivity.
Consumers looking for a skincare brand may not want a recurring subscription for products. There may be less expensive skincare products over the counter that have some of the same ingredients and benefits as the Curology line.
As we age the composition, texture and appearance of our skin changes. Signs of skin aging include wrinkles, fine lines, loss of moisture, uneven tone, and dull, tired-looking skin. There are countless anti-wrinkle creams on the market promising to make skin look and feel younger. Many anti-wrinkle creams promise everything short of a facelift or to provide the much sought after "fountain of youth". In reality most are just moisturizers marketed as anti-aging products.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective wrinkle serum/cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.