More often than not, people tend focus too much on weight loss* and forget the long term effects of the methods they use bear on their general lifestyle. However, there are various ways you can cut fight calories without affecting your life. In this case, if you follow the simple steps provided below to the latter, you are likely to achieve long term weight loss* results in the most effective and easy way.
1. Always go for a Man’s Breakfast – No need to expect miracles where none exist – you need a certain amount of fat and protein. Eating scrambled eggs alongside some sausage links is just what you need to stay full for a loner period.
2. Consume Enough – Eating more means ingesting 3 health snacks and 3 meals. However, supposing you can get dips and chips, what would you serve? A mixture of nuts – almonds – will play the trick of curbing your craving for unhealthy foods while at same time help you build muscles.
3. Stay Clear of Starches – Avoid foods that make you go fat – white bread, pasta and potatoes. However, if it is a must that you feed on pasta, it is good to prepare it at home using whole-wheat. The same trick applies to bread and for potatoes, opt for sweet potatoes. It is also good to check the portions – don’t overdo it! Crispy potatoes can be a perfect swap.
4. Practice Weight Lifting – Hitting the gym is good and during happy moments, try to lift things – beer cans, etc. This way, you will be building muscle while at the same time enhancing* your performance. This is very important when it comes to improving* metabolisms thereby leading to burn more calories after completing your workout.
5. Before You Settle Down to Eating, Think First – Avoid stuffing with holiday left-overs, choose what tastes right and what is actually good for your health. Don’t eat faster, take time and it will help you remain fuller for long.
6. Have Fun at Least One a Week – Stifling cravings for a prolonged period of time can be detrimental. This can result into failure to keep up top your new healthy diet plan. It is therefore advisable to splurge in a more reasonable manner – a slice or two of pizza is enough to keep you full and healthy.
7. Always Choose Low-Carb Diets – This is the simplest way to shed a considerable amount of fat faster. Although you may find it hard to control your cravings, but with time things start getting easier especially when results are visible.
There are various ways you can use to control your hunger. In this case, the reason why one may feel hungry after a short time even after having eaten a heavy breakfast while another feels full all through is dependent on one’s brain perception of fullness. While satiation is that feeling of fullness one enjoys after a meal, satiety is the measure of the duration one takes before thinking of consuming something again.
In order to get the most out of your diet plan, it is vital to consider the following:
Decide What Top Drink and When to
Your stomach is like a balloon; hence it expands as you eat. When it expands to its maximum limit, the digestive system sensors send signals to the amygdala in the brain that it has had enough no matter what you have eaten. M.S., Men’s Health’s Nutrition advisor, Alan Aragon, jokingly puts it that consuming toilet paper (half roll) can still result into one feeling full.
Thus, if you want to stretch up your stomach but keeping of calories – paper – you will need to drink water. According to Aragon, drinking water (glass) ½ an hour before mealtime and frequently sipping while eating is good and healthy. Foods that contain more water including salad, soup, vegetables and fruits are also good in filling up the stomach without adding to the body extra calories.
Consume Fiber-Rich Foods
Fiber plays a very vital role in the body as it helps drain water from the body and the food we eat and which is then transported to the intestinal tract. This is important in the sense that it helps deliver the satiation required to the belly. Thos is according to a research done by the University of Washington in 2009. Since fiber bypasses digestion and slows down nutrient absorption, it may also boost* satiation.
Choose Protein-Rich Foods
Protein is necessary for muscle growth where it acts as fuel. In addition, protein has the ability of raising peptide levels (synthesized amino acid) found in the stomach). The peptides communicate with the brain on the level of molecules required for satiation. Aragon recommends between 20 and 40 g of protein to be eaten at every meal.
Enjoy The Flavors
Instead of swallowing food half way chewed, it is advisable that you thoroughly chew it to derive the most out of its flavor. This helps to increase* what researchers refer to as “oro-sensory factors”, which are responsible for the satiation signals transmitted to the brain, thus enabling you to get full with a small portion as revealed in a study by Dutch researchers in 2009. Participants who chewed their food for 6 seconds more ended up eating less.
If you have been thinking for better ways to enable you lose* weight much easily then, observing the above tips will definitely give you the desired results. The only thing you need to do is follow them to the latter