There are so many ads in the media and over the internet promising to give you a sleek body size but majority sounds too good to be trusted. It calls for more than the liquid diets to get rid of the extra pounds. However, liquid diets have been scientifically proven to help many lose* and keep off from regaining weight. The effectiveness of liquid diets depends on your determination to make healthy food choices once you are done with them.
What Are Liquid Diets?
These are diets meant to limit the amount of solid food you ingest and ensure you almost or exclusively have all liquids. Their functionalities usually depend on what products they are obtained from. Some consists of fluids derived from vegetables or fruit juices which you should exclusively consume three or four times a day when on a diet plan. They can be home made products or you can readily purchase them in food stores. With other types of liquid diets, you are supposed to take at least twice a day but eat a healthy solid dinner.
Types of Liquid Diet
- Clear liquid diet: This consists of liquids exclusively obtained from fruits and vegetable extracts but are mostly plain
- Full liquid diet: With this type of liquid diet there is flexibility for including substantial foods such as oatmeal and smashed foods
Different Types Of Liquid Diet Plan
- Liquid diets that are staggered: With this type of program, you are allowed to take solid food on particular days or replace a meal or two with a liquid diet each day. If you stick to liquid diets on specific days, you must also limit your workouts on such days
- Meal replacement diets: With this type of program, one meal must be replaced with a liquid diet each day. It’s an ideal program to start with if you want to move on to an exclusive liquid diet plan
- Only liquid diets: You are supposed to entirely depend on liquid diet for a number of days. It is a short-term program which lasts for up to 14 days. It provides almost instant weight loss*
- Liquid diets for vegetarians: You are mostly put on liquids that are completely devoid of meat or bisque. Nutrients derived from fruits and vegetables can be added in this program
- Colon cleansing liquid diets: It’s a program that will help you lose* weight as well as cleanse your colon simultaneously. As they get rid of the toxins in your system, they also limit your calorie intake
- Low calorie liquid diets: These are not recommended by health experts since you will soon regain the lost weight once you discontinue with the program. They provide fewer calories than your body requires for use each day
- Commercialized liquid diets: These are groceries exclusively sold with the intention to help you lose* weight.
Some are associated with certain weight loss* programs
Why Choose A Liquid Diet For Weight Loss Diet?
Liquid diets are recommended if you are obese or overweight and you want to shed off a lot of pounds. They are also endorsed if you are willing to have sudden weight loss*. You can also chose a liquid diet if other than losing weight you also want to detoxify your body by eliminating toxins and contaminants.
What Does a Liquid Diet Consist of?
A liquid diet should consist of fluids or foods that are usually liquid in nature or foodstuffs that turn to liquid at room temperature. Ice creams fall under this category and others include strained creamy soups, juice, tea, milk-shakes, pudding, Jell-O, and popsicles. Essentially, liquid diets are easy to digest and give your body a range of about 1,350 to 1500 calories and 50 grams of protein each day.
Do Liquid Diets Really Work for Weight Loss?
Yes, liquid diet work for weight loss* but not all will work for you. Liquid diets usually contain low number of calories. It’s automatic that if you eat lesser amount of calories than you consume, you will definitely lose* weight. The challenge is that the weight loss* is temporary since your metabolism slows down to conserve energy. This calls for a permanent change in diet if you must continue losing weight. Studies have shown that some diets which contain both liquid and solid foods can actually help overweight individuals to eat fewer calories and keep off from regaining weight.
How Safe Are Liquid Diets For You?
Essentially, liquid diets contain balanced nutrients that your body requires to function normally throughout the day. However, some may contain very few calories than your body requires for going about your daily activities. If you rely on such liquid diets, you need supervision under qualified medical personnel. They can cause serious side effects such a feeling tired, exhaustion, dizziness, hair loss, gallstones, cold intolerance, or heart damage. If you lack enough fiber in your diet, complications such as constipation and other digestive problems can arise. Inadequate proteins in the diet can cause loss in muscle tissues.
Are Liquid Diets Used for Medical Purposes?
Yes, liquid diets can be recommended if you have to undergo certain surgical operations especially the ones that don’t require the presence of any food in the intestines. A surgeon may recommend liquid diets a day or two before the surgery. You can also be put under liquid diets a few days after operation until your digestive system is fully functional. Obese individuals who are about to undergo bariatric surgery can also be put under liquid diet a few to several days before and after the operation. There is scientific evidence that patients suffering from Crohn’s disease can get its symptoms suppressed by resorting to liquid diets to give their intestines adequate time to rest.
Drawbacks of The Liquid Diet
- They provide your body with fewer calories than it requires triggering starvation response of conserving energy in preparation to regain weight on the first opportunity
- There is an increased chance that you will regain weight once you quit the liquid diet program
- Most liquid diets are poorly formulated and loaded with junks such as glucose
- They lack fat burning or muscle building properties which can be obtained from other food sources
Liquid diets or no liquid diet plans, losing weight is entirely dependent on your goals and willpower to make the difference. Although there has being scientific proof that some liquid diet programs can help you lose* weight, there are several testimonial that you can still regain that weight soon after an opportunity emerges. Weight loss* is all about making health food choices you can stick to and engaging in workouts to burn more calories than you consume each day.