If you are the one who is worried about his/her constantly growing weight, weight loss* surgery is just the right thing for you. Weight loss* surgery is used to limit the amount of food you eat every day so that you can lose* your weight effortlessly.
There are different types of weight loss* surgeries. Some of them are given below:
- Restrictive Surgery – It is used to put limits on the amount of calories you can eat in a day. In this way, the food is controlled by creating a punch at the top of the stomach, due to which you feel the sense of fullness and say no to more food.
- Malabsorptive/Gastric Bypass Surgery – This is the quickest way to reduce* weight easily. It is used to bypass the portion of the small intestine to put limits on the absorption of nutrients by the body which results in a decrement of body weight.
- Laparoscopies Banding – In Laparoscopic banding, a lap band is placed on top of the stomach, to limit the entrance of food. It has to do nothing with absorption of nutrients, but it makes you feel full even after eating a small amount of food.
- Sleeve Gastrectomy – In this type, a large part of the stomach is removed laparoscopically to reduce* the body weight. The remaining stomach is shaped into a tube-like composition which produces fewer hormones and contains less food.
Through weight loss* surgery, we cut the chances of entering the extra food into the stomach which caused a reduction* in weight of the body and one started to lose* weight. Before going to any surgery, you should discuss deeply with your doctor about the criteria and consequences of the surgery. The surgery is appropriate for those whose body mark indices is greater than 40, and it’s not falling down even after continuous exercise and diet control.
You should discuss many things with your doctor including:
- The possible issues which arrive after surgery.
- Weight loss* surgery process may be irreversible.
- These surgeries are not considered as cosmetic surgeries.
- Success of Bariatric surgery is associated with permanent exercise and diet control.
There are different advantages of weight loss* surgery. Some of them are given below:
- There is a reasonable amount of weight lost after weight loss* surgery (61.6% of excessive weight in the first year).
- Depression is reduced* by 55%.
- It is observed that high blood pressure problem resolved in 67.5% of patients after weight loss* surgery.
- Another advantage is the removal of Degenerative joint disease which is resolved in 41-76% people.
- One of the most important advantages of weight loss* surgery is, it cures diabetes. (Resolved in 83.7% patients).
- Acid reflux removed from 98% of patients after successful weight loss* surgery.
- Quality of life improved* in 95 percent of patients. And that’s a huge success.
With huge advantages, come great risks. So, there are different risks involved in weight surgeries, which are given below:
- The patient should understand that this is not the quickest way to lose* weight. There are different type of complications involved in it including bleeding, wound infection, anastomotic leak, nutritional deficiencies, bowel obstruction and thromboembolism.
- Patients with a BMI of 40 are eligible for surgery. They should be well aware of all the risks and complexities involved in surgery. They must show their interest in lifestyle change programs and should follow a proper diet.
- The weight loss* surgery may result in a shortage of nutrients in the body which can reduce* your health.
- The cost of surgery depends upon many factors including surgeon’s fee, the type of surgery and the center where the surgery is done. Normally the cost of gastric band surgery ranges from USD 10,000 to 14,000.
Worried about the Risks Involved in Surgery?
Don’t be anxious. Weight loss* surgery is not the only option for you. There are many other good alternatives through which you can lose* your weight easily. Daily exercise can help you in reducing* your weight without doing any extra effort. But consistency is the main thing, you have to be punctual. There are many people complaining that this is not the solution for fat people to reduce* their weight, but that’s not true.
Another thing with exercise is proper diet. Yes, it’s very important that you control your diet in a proper and healthy way. Consult with your doctor for a proper diet plan and strictly act upon it. Another good alternative of weight loss* surgery is microbes. Research shows that, through this, we can increase* the speed of metabolism which results in weight loss*.
So, if you are looking for someone to help you with weight loss* surgery or interested in some more tips. Subscribe to my blog it’s easy, free and informative.