What is Golo Diet?
There are a lot of diet pills and supplements out there that more or less hinge on the commitment of the user to diet and exercise. This is a common way for a product to ensure that the user reaches his or her weight loss goals, so they emphasize the fact that you will need to diet and exercise while taking their product in order for the user to lose weight.
The reason any of this is important is because it stands in contrast to the claims and the functions of the diet supplement we will be talking about today.
Table of Contents [Show]
The product name is Golo and the specific name of the supplement is Golo Release. Golo is a dietary supplement that is intended for weight loss. But there is something about Golo that does set it apart from some of its competing products.
While other supplements encourage the user to continue dieting Golo claims that you will not need to count calories or diet in the traditional sense if you take it regularly. It is also claimed that the user will not have to cut any food groups out of their diet if they take Golo.
The reason for this is that the makers of Golo claim that regular dieting simply doesn’t work and that there are certain plant extracts that contain specialized nutrients in them that are more effective for weight loss than dieting alone.
Golo seems to take a multi-angle approach to weight loss as we are told that it will help the user lose stubborn belly fat, control unhealthy sugar cravings and lower triglyceride levels.
Another interesting aspect of the Golo diet is that it seems to be touted as a health product that goes beyond just losing weight. We are told that users of Golo have experienced certain health benefits such as better sleep, more physical energy and even a reduction in inflammation and pain. This seems to be a lot for a weight loss supplement so let’s learn more about Golo and see if it is a viable option for you.
Who is the Manufacturer of Golo Release?
Golo is produced by the company Golo LLC. They state that all of their products are made in the United States and that they have received many accolades from the health community and many endorsements from practicing physicians who recommend Golo to their own patients on a daily basis.
The company was started in 2009 with the vision to help people figure out why they might be having trouble losing weight, help them to lose that weight and to keep the weight off.
One of the unique claims that they make in regard to Golo is that it addresses an often-overlooked factor to weight gain and obesity. This claim is that hormone imbalance is a big reason why some people just can’t seem to lose any weight. This hormone imbalance may manifest itself in unhealthy eating habits like anxiety eating, comfort eating and binge eating.
There does seem to be some scientific backing to this claim that hormones play a large role in the way we eat. Some studies suggest that various hormones can affect our metabolism and the way our body stores fat.
As to the integrity and authority of the company that makes Golo, we are told that it is a company made up of doctors and pharmacists and dedicated teams of researchers.
How Does Golo Release Work?
We are told that Golo works safely and effectively. There are no GMO’s, dairy, soy, gluten, eggs or shellfish in the formula. Furthermore, we are told that Golo is not a traditional diet pill. In fact, they go out of their way to mention that Golo is not a diet pill at all. It is a nutraceutical.
As a nutraceutical, Golo may indeed provide some interesting weight loss benefit for users. Nutraceutical products, or herbal weight loss products, have been gaining a lot of attention in the health and weight loss community because of their apparent qualities as viable and healthy alternatives to weight loss.
Golo is claimed to work quickly too. The manufacturers claim that the user will be able to feel a difference in terms of appetite in just 2 days. In this span of time the user may also expect more energy and after a week of use, it is stated that Golo will help the user feel better overall, sleep better and have improved blood sugar levels.
Golo Ingredients – Are They Safe & Effective?
The packaging of Golo Release plainly states that it is a safe and effective formula and that there should be no drug interactions with any of the meds you may already be taking. We are told that it is made from natural plants and after studying the ingredients list closely, we can conclude that it is indeed made up of naturally occurring ingredients except for perhaps the substance used to make the capsule itself. The main active formula though is a mixture of fruit extracts, herbal extracts, botanical extracts and minerals. Let’s have a look:
- Inositol – This is a substance that has many different kinds of uses. It comes mostly from citrus fruits and has been used to treat high cholesterol
- Gardenia – This natural plant extract treats various factors that are often associated with diabetes including insulin resistance and glucose intolerance.
- Banaba – Plentiful with corosolic acid, Banaba is believed to help fight obesity.
- Salacia – Salacia has been shown to help manage some types of diabetes byt lowering blood glucose levels.
- Berberine – Initial studies seem to suggest that berberine has potent anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
- Magnesium – Magnesium helps to regulate blood sugar levels.
- Zinc – A deficiency of zinc has been found in many obese subjects because zinc may help to lower body mass indices.
What are the Advantages of Golo Release?
- One of the advantages that may be associated with taking Golo is a better blood sugar level.
- There are also some ingredients in this formula that may help to provide added antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties which may give credence to the claims that it can help with body pain.
- It is also stated that Golo Release will help restore hormone balance in the user which may eliminate cravings to binge eat.
- This product may have a beneficial effect on cholesterol levels as well.
What are the Disadvantages of Golo Release?
- There is no mention of how much of certain ingredients such as apple fruit extract, Rhodiola root extract, Inositol, berberine, Salacia, gardenia and banaba are included in the Golo Release formula.
- Taking too much zinc, which is an active ingredient in the Golo Release formula may result in nausea and headaches.
- Most of the studies that have been done on the efficacy of berberine have only been pilot studies and they have shown only a moderate effect on the metabolism of lipids.
- People who want to lose more than 20 pounds may have to wait longer before they are able to reach their weight loss goals while taking Golo Release.
How Should you Take Golo Release?
The instructions for taking Golo Release indicate that the user should start out by taking one capsule with every meal. This assumes that the user eats three meals a day so if you don’t you may still have to take 3 pills of Golo Release a day when you first begin.
Once the user is able to tell how Golo Release is affecting their body and they get their metabolism to a level that works for them, then they may want to taper the dosage off to two or maybe one capsule per day.
How Much Does Golo Release Cost?
There are three different package options you can choose from if you buy Golo Release directly from their official website. The first includes one bottle and it costs $49.95. The second includes two bottles of the product and it costs $79.90. The final package includes 3 bottles and is $99.90.
You can pay in a number of ways and it should be noted that all three of the Golo Release packages comes with a free copy of Golo for Life Plan which is an informational text on how the user can better implement Golo Release into their life and develop healthier habits that will help keep the weight off.
What is Golo Release’s Return Policy?
There is a refund policy for Golo Release which stipulates that the customer can return their product within 60 days of the date they received their package for a full refund.
Does Golo Release Offer A Free Trial?
The official Golo Release website makes no mention of a free trial of their product and we could not find any third-party retailers who are offering one either. We are always updating our weight loss review section as new information becomes available so be sure to check back with us soon and we will let you know if they start a free trial program for Golo Release.
Golo Release Review – Final Verdict
Golo Release is indeed an interesting product because it claims to do so much. Can so much good really be packed into a pill that you take three times a day? Let’s take an objective look. First the potential upside of this product.
It may be able to help the user lose weight and provide them with more energy. Golo Release also may be able to lower cholesterol levels. Furthermore, there are plenty of Golo diet reviews from apparent customers who claim that it has worked for them.
To temper the potential upside though is the possibility that too much zinc may result in nausea and headaches. Berberine has only been studied lightly as well. People who want to lose more than 20 pounds may have to wait longer to reach their goals and some ingredients do not have their dosage amounts listed. Our recommendation is to consider Golo Release and also some comparable products.
Below you'll find some of the most effective weight loss supplements on the market today, in our opinion.