In This Article
What is Complan?
Complan is a meal replacement shake. It was originally developed to help the users gain weight but is now marketed as a weight loss meal replacement shake.
It comes in single-serving sachets and is available in various flavors like; original flavor, Complan and oats, vegetable, chocolate, banana, vanilla, and strawberry.
Who is the Manufacturer of Complan?
Complan is manufactured by Nutricia Complan located in Wiltshire in the United Kingdom. It is a British Company that makes powdered milk energy drinks.
It was launched by Glaxo in 1954 and remained part of Glaxo’s Health Products till 1994 when it was acquired by Heinz. Currently, the majority stake belongs to the Saatchi brothers’ Saatchinvest.
What Complan Claims?
It claims to help the user to take a new look at the nutrition they are getting as well as offering a well-balanced diet that will help with activity and fitness. It helps as part of a calorie-controlled diet and can be taken with other foods.
According to the manufacturer, a sachet of Complan contains 250 calories which are equivalent to a light meal, two servings are equivalent to the main meal.
What is the Science behind Complan?
Complan is rich in Vitamins, is a good source of proteins and energy, and is also enriched with minerals such as calcium. The vitamins are important in supporting a healthy metabolism and help in balancing the calcium in the body.
Biotin is known to help in the breakdown of fatty acids and glucose and assist in turning stored fat into energy. Thiamin regulates the appetite and also boosts up the metabolism while Riboflavin also helps to break down and metabolize fats, carbohydrates, and proteins.
Complan Ingredients – Are they Safe & Effective?
- Skimmed Cows’ Milk
- Lactose (from Cows’ Milk)
- Flavoring (contains Cows’ Milk)
These three are sources of protein
- Vitamin A – boosts the immune system according to HHS Public Access Journal and promotes good vision.
- Vitamin E – is an antioxidant that improves the overall health.
- Folic Acid – stimulates new cells production.
- Skimmed Milk – According to study, skimmed milk is low in calories and boosts health.
- Vitamin D – prevents bone abnormalities.
- Zinc – stimulates protein synthesis.
- Vitamin C – promotes collagen formation.
- Vitamin B12 – supports healthy blood cells as stated in Medical News Today.
What are the Advantages of Complan?
- It is gluten-free.
- Nutritional quantity is provided.
- Might stimulate healthy weight loss.
- Comes in different flavors.
What are the Disadvantages of Complan?
- Recommended for a healthy weight and not weight loss.
- May cause weight gain if taken too often.
- Not suitable for people who are lactose intolerant.
- No satisfaction guarantee is offered.
Complan Questions and Answers
Q: How Long Will It Take To Show Result?
A: It is not mentioned how long one should take Complan to see results.
Q: Does It Interact With Other Medications?
A: It causes a reaction to people who are allergic to milk. People who are diabetic should consult with their doctor prior to an administration of Complan.
Q: Who Can Take Complan?
A: Complan is suitable for children above the age of 12 and adults.
Q: Is it safe to use unopened Complan after an expired date?
A: Complan is likely safe to consume shortly after its expiration date if there are no signs that it has gone bad. However, the protein content of Complan may decline with age.
Q: Where to buy Complan?
A: Complan can be purchased through their Official WebSite
Q: How Should You Take Complan?
- One can drink Complan either hot or cold according to their convenience.
- You only need to add water to it but you can opt for milk as a substitute if you prefer a richer creamier taste.
- One needs to maintain an adequate intake of fluids during administration.
- Each sachet of Complan requires 200ml (1/3 pint) of water or milk, either cold or hot.
- Pour some of the milk or water into a cup, add a sachet of Complan, mix into a smooth cream with a whisk or fork then top up the remaining milk or water while stirring.
- Once mixed with water or milk, you can store Complan in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours only.
Complan Side Effects and Warnings
- No side effects are listed.
- Complan should only be used within two months of opening.
- It should only be given to infants below 12 months upon a doctor’s recommendation.
- As a food supplement, Complan should be treated as such and not regarded as a substitute for a varied diet.
Complan Review – Final Verdict
If overall health and fitness are your concern, then Complan is a suitable meal replacement shake for you. It is not only affordable, but it also offers important nutrients in the body.
The elements in this product address a healthy system as well as weight loss providing you with an avenue of healthy weight loss as opposed to most weight loss supplements. The fact that it can be used even for children is another plus for Complan.
Below you'll find some of the most effective weight loss supplements on the market today, in our opinion.