There are many home remedies for water retention. Aside from the herbs, there are also natural supplements that can help treat and prevent the problem.
Water retention can be a result of several things like illnesses, medication and hormonal imbalances. Cranberry juice is one of the most popular home remedies for water retention.
Let’s take this natural treatment under scrutiny and determine if it is really effective.
What is Cranberry Extract?
Cranberry is popularly used for the natural treatment and prevention of urinary tract infections. It is also a natural diuretic that can help address water retention.
Cranberry extract is simply a concentrated version of cranberry that can be used for treating several conditions. However, it is a supplement hence it is not approved by the FDA for medical use.
How does Cranberry Extract Work?
Cranberry is commonly used for preventing and treating bladder infections like urinary tract infection.
However, it should not be used alone for treating infections. It may not be effective and the delay can allow the condition to worsen.
The FDA has not reviewed cranberry extract for safety or effectiveness in any medical use like as a diuretic.
In fact, there is no substantial evidence that it can help address water retention effectively.
What are the Advantages of Cranberry Extract?
- Cranberry extract has a mild diuretic effect.
- It is natural and doesn’t cause serious side effects unlike diuretic drugs.
- There is some clinical evidence showing that cranberry acts as a diuretic.
- It can be used for helping treat bladder infections.
- It is very cheap and can be purchased almost anywhere.
What are the Disadvantages of Cranberry Extract?
- There is not enough evidence indicating that cranberry extract can really address water retention issues.
- There are many low-quality products being sold on the market so choosing one is a little difficult.
- It is not effective for weight loss and can just get rid of some water weight.
- Capsules may not be as effective compared to all-natural juice.
Alternatives to Cranberry Extract
Cranberry Extract Review – Final Verdict
In the end, it is still relatively safe to say that cranberry extract is safe. There are some studies showing that it has a mild diuretic effect.
Remember that it should only be used in mild cases of water retention.
However, it would still be best to consult your physician regarding your water retention problem since there may be an underlying health problem causing it in the first place.
What Are The Current Deals/Offers available on Cranberry?
Get Great Deals & Discounts on Cranberry!
Water retention can be safely addressed using dietary supplements made from natural ingredients. The best supplements for this problem are those that contain ingredients that are proven to be safe and effective. Take note that when it comes to treating water retention, it is also important to consider the electrolyte balance of the user. An added plus is if the product also promotes a healthy urinary system. Ultimately, we were able to determine the bottom-line value of each product. Now, you no longer have to spend a lot of time researching just to find the best water retention product on the market.
We have listed the top Water Retention products on the market, in our opinion