What is Vitamin C Serum?
Vitamin C is a powerful anti-oxidant with numerous and varied benefits for the skin. For this reason, using a Vitamin C serum should be an essential part of everyone’s skin care regimen. The anti-oxidants speed up healing of the skin, and also prevent free radical damage.
Vitamin C is a particularly effective anti-aging product. It stimulates the production of collagen, which firms and tightens the skin. This gets rid of wrinkles, fine lines, and crow’s feet.
Vitamin C serum can also repair skin damage incurred from spending too much time in the sun (source). Finally, it can fade age spots and areas of discoloration.
Why should you use Vitamin C Serum?
There are very few natural substances out there that are as healthy for the skin as Vitamin C. With few to no side effects, it refreshes the skin and gets rid of many of the signs of aging, like wrinkles and age spots.
In addition to Vitamin C, these serums often include other skin-rich ingredients like hyaluronic acid.
What Ingredients To Look For In Vitamin C Serums?
- Vitamin C – This is also referred to as ascorbic acid. This essential vitamin can be found in many foods such as citrus fruits. It’s an important nutrient in the body which repairs bodily tissue. It’s also a powerful anti-oxidant which speeds up healing and strengthen the immune system. Vitamin C plays a key role in skin health, repairing skin damage and producing additional collagen.
- Hyaluronic Acid – This is a humectant, meaning it can draw an enormous amount of water to itself. This means it can plump up the skin, smoothing out wrinkles and fine lines. This makes it an excellent anti-aging substance as well as a moisturizer (source).
- Niacinamide (Vitamin B3) – This substance has numerous positive benefits for the skin. It can shrink enlarged pores, even out skin tone, and repair past damage to the skin. It’s also an excellent moisturizer that can effectively get rid of dry skin.
- Panthenol (Vitamin B5) – It’s a humectant, which means it draws a lot of hydration. This makes it an excellent moisturizer, and research has demonstrated this effect. Panthenol also has wound-healing properties. In addition, it’s useful for treating sunburns and minor burns.
- Ferulic Acid – A compound derived from a plant. It’s an extremely rich anti-oxidant which can help to heal and repair the skin. Ferulic acid also has the ability to boost the effects of other anti-oxidants. It helps to fight the damaging effects of free radicals and oxidative stress. The substance is an excellent anti-aging agent which can smooth out fine lines and wrinkles on the skin. Research published in the Skin Pharmacology and Physiology, has shown the applications of ferulic acid for the skin.
This may be an excellent time to add Vitamin C serum to your skin care regimen, of you haven’t already. It’s such a powerful antioxidant that it’s extremely useful as an anti-aging product. This product can repair and replenish the skin, including skin damage, and it can get rid of age spots and discoloration.
Below are some of the top Vitamin C serum products on the market today, in our view.
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available informations and our estimation of efficacy.
*Result may vary. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purpose. No medical claims are implied in this content, and the information herein is not intended to be used for self diagnosis or self treatment of any condition.
*Disclosure of Material connection: Some of the links in the post above are “associate sales links.” This means if you can click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission. Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials.”