One of the most popular topical analgesics on the market is BENGAY. It has been trusted for decades by many people suffering from joint and muscle pain. Let us take a quick review of the product that has been there to help whenever joint pain is present.
Bengay is a topical analgesic manufactured by Johnson & Johnson. It has been on the market for many decades now and is trusted by most consumers due to its reputation for effective pain relief. Unlike another topical analgesic for joint pain, BENGAY only contains the basic ingredients needed for pain relief. BENGAY now comes in different variations, so you can choose the product that will suit you properly. You can choose from gel, cream, or patch preparations to fit your active lifestyle. But nonetheless, all these products still contain the BENGAY brand and effectiveness that we all know.
How Does It Rate?
- Set of 2 Bengay pain relieving creams in 4 oz tubes.
- With 3 pain-relieving ingredients more than any other Bengay product, it is the strongest Bengay ever for minor arthritis, backache, muscle and joint pain.
- It’s non-greasy formula provides deep penetrating pain relief.
- Active Ingredients: camphor 4%, menthol 10%, methyl salicylate 30%.
- Recommended to use for children 12 years of age and older.
- Methyl Salicylate
- It relieves mild to moderate joint pains
- It relieves joint inflammation.
- It reduces muscle pain and soreness.
- It is proven effective and safe through years of research and clinical studies.
- It is easy to use and very handy.
- Some BENGAY products have quite a strong menthol scent that is noticeable.
How Does BENGAY cream Work?
BENGAY relieves joint pain and inflammation by temporarily blocking the pain sensation in the affected area. Instead of the pain, the receptors in the skin are diverted to feel the cooling sensation that the product brings. BENGAY also causes vasodilation which will increase blood flow and enhance lymphatic drainage. This will then contribute to the reduction of inflammation. Menthol also attaches to the kappa opioid receptors which will produce a numbing effect on the area. This joint support supplement can be used for mild to moderate joint pain, muscle soreness, and minor aches, even those associated with rheumatism.
Ingredients BENGAY – Are They Safe 7 Effective?
The primary ingredients of BENGAY are as follows:
Ultra Strength BENGAY Cream – Camphor 4%, Menthol 10%, and Methyl Salicylate 30%
BENGAY ZERO DEGREES Menthol Pain Relieving Gel – Menthol 5%
Greaseless BENGAY Pain Relieving Cream – Menthol 10% and Methyl Salicylate 15%
Vanishing Scent BENGAY Gel – Menthol 2.5%
Ultra Strength BENGAY Pain Relieving Patch – Menthol 5%
BENGAY Pain Relief + Massage Gel – Menthol 2.5%
BENGAY Cold Therapy Gel Menthol Pain Relieving Gel With PRO-COOL® Technology – Menthol 5%
– It temporarily relieves joint and muscle by temporarily blocking the pain sensation and stimulating the thermoreceptors in the skin. Menthol also attaches to kappa opioid receptors which will cause a numbing effect on the affected area.
– It contains salicylate which is an active component of aspirin thus it also has anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties that are effective for joint pain and inflammation.
– It is also considered a counterirritant like menthol which reduces pain and swelling by stimulating the thermoreceptors in the skin thereby causing a cooling effect. It also causes vasodilation to enhance lymphatic drainage and blood flow thereby helping in the reduction of inflammation.
BENGAY – FAQ’s
Q: Can Bengay help reduce swollen ankles or edema?
A : Bengay arthritis cream is used to relieve muscle and bone pain. It contains salicylates, camphor, and menthol. Bengay reduces inflammation, swollen ankles and has cooling and warming effects.
Q : What are Consumer Reviews for Bengay cream?
A : Consumers who have tried the BENGAY were satisfied with the results that it provided them. It effectively reduced joint pain and inflammation even those associated with rheumatism and arthritis. Even people who have been dependent on oral analgesics like Tylenol have found pain relief from using BENGAY. What they like most about BENGAY products is the wide variation wherein you can choose the appropriate product for your lifestyle, whether you prefer the patch, cream, or roll-on type. However, one negative comment about BENGAY is its scent which some people do not want.
Q : What the Precautionary Warnings and Side effects of Bengay cream?
- Use the product only as directed on the packaging.
- Do not apply tight bandaging on the area where BENGAY was applied.
- Do not use heating pads over the area where BENGAY was applied because the numbness caused by the product might hinder the sensation on the affected area thereby increasing the risk for burn injuries.
- Wash hands after using BENGAY to prevent accidental transfer of the product to the eyes and other parts of the body.
- Keep the product out of children’s reach.
- Avoid prolonged use especially of BENGAY products that contain methyl salicylate because it can increase the risk for bleeding and stroke.
- Do not apply to broken or irritated skin because it might cause large systemic absorption of the ingredients.
There are no reported serious side effects associated with BENGAY use however it might cause skin irritation, rashes, itching, and redness.
BENGAY Review – Conclusion
BENGAY products are excellent choices for relieving joint and muscle pain. It does not contain any extravagant ingredients like those you can find in other topical joint pain relief products, but it still manages to provide effective results with the most basic components. It can provide the temporary, safe, and effective pain relief that we all want. However, this product is not to be used as a treatment if you have an underlying medical condition but rather can be a part of the holistic treatment.
There are several Joint relief products available in the market like Sciaticream which helps to get rid of muscle soreness and improve joint mobility, but concern to doctor before using any product if you have any serious issues.
Bones are connected by joints, which allow us to move with ease. Joint damage can cause pain preventing you from doing the things you once loved. Topical joint relief products tend to work more quickly, helping to relieve pain directly in the affected area compared to products taken orally. A topical joint pain relief product should be evaluated on its: potential to block the transportation of pain signals, potential to act as a counterirritant to reduce soreness and Quality of Ingredients* backed by clinical research.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective topical joint pain products on the market today, in our opinion.
Verdict on Claimed Benefits: Below is our summary of the available evidence for the claimed benefits of below mentioned joint pain relief gels, gummies, and creams based on the available research: