One of the greatest threats to oral health is a buildup of plaque on your teeth. Plaque harbors bacteria that can cause tooth decay, bad breath, and gum infections. Removing plaque can be painful and costly, requiring professional treatment.
While nothing can replace regular dentist visits, there are many things you can do in between dentist visits. There are products on the market that can help reduce plaque. Some products are powders, others are toothpaste formulas. One such product is Elgydium.
What is Elgydium?
Elgydium is an imported toothpaste from France. It is well-known in Europe as an excellent plaque-fighting product. It is said that Elgydium is formulated specifically for adults, with their dietary and smoking habits.
Part of the reason for an adult toothpaste is that we often drink coffee and red wine, both of which can stain teeth. Smoking, also reserved for adults, can leave brown stains on teeth.
Who is the Manufacturer of Elgydium?
The manufacturer of Elgydium is Pierre Fabre Oral Care. This company is located in France. This company produces a whole line of oral hygiene and dental hygiene products.
You can visit their website to see the many products they produce. Some customers use their mouthwash and tooth polish as well as the toothpaste.
How Does Elgydium Work?
Plaque is a normal buildup that occurs on everybody’s teeth. This plaque can contribute to gum disease and dental decay. The ingredients in Elgydium are antibacterial and, combined with regular brushing, helps to remove plaque from the teeth.
The debriding qualities of Elgydium may help to break loose plaque from your teeth. This removes some of the hiding places that bacterial use.
Elgydium Ingredients – Are They Safe & Effective?
There are several ingredients in Elgydium that help with oral health, including main ingredient, Chlorhexidine.
- It is an antibacterial and fungicide
- It has anti-inflammatory properties
- It can neutralize the pH in your mouth
- It coats all of the surfaces of your mouth, including the tongue and cheeks
- It works for as long as 8 hours.
- Sodium Carbonate: Adds to the cleaning ability of the product, polishing the teeth and removing plaque
- Sodium Lauryl Sulfate: Also helps to debride the teeth, and adds a pleasant flavor
- Glycerin: Helps to make the teeth shiny
- Sodium Saccharin: Adds just a little sweetener to the toothpaste
- Silica: A debriding agent
- Peppermint Oil: Helps the flavor, also helps to pull bacteria from the mouth
- Hydroxyethyl Cellulose
- Titanium Dioxide
What are the Advantages of Elgydium?
- Elgydium may make your teeth whiter
- You may have less plaque if you use this product
- It may work for as long as 8 hours
- It is antibacterial
- Adults often like the flavor of Elgydium
- It might work better on coffee and wine stains that other toothpastes.
What are the Disadvantages of Elgydium?
- This product contains glycerin, which may not be good for your teeth.
- Elgydium may not whiten your teeth or remove plaque.
- Some people cannot tolerate Chlorhexidine.
- It may make your teeth sensitive to hot and cold.
How Should You Use Elgydium?
If you use Elgydium, you should brush twice a day with it. Brush for two to three minutes each time after you have eaten.
How Much Does Elgydium Cost?
Some customers say the Elgydium is rather expensive. You can find it at various websites that have a variety of prices. Some may offer a discount.
What is Elgydium’s Return Policy?
We cannot find any information concerning a return policy for Elgydium. You may check with the vendor from whom you buy Elgydium to see if they have a return policy.
Does Elgydium Offer a Free Trial?
There are no Elgydium free trials or discounts. You may be able to find a free trial on the internet.
Elgydium – Final Verdict
A good strategy to use when dealing with plaque or trying to whiten your teeth is to start with a thorough dental cleaning. Your dentist can do a professional cleaning so that when you start using a teeth-whitening product, it will be more effective.
In addition, having the plaque removed, then using a plaque-control product, will keep your teeth and gums healthier.
Elgydium may help to whiten your teeth. It has some of the same ingredients as proven teeth-whitening products. Removal of plaque is one way to make your teeth look better, so Elgydium may help to break loose any plaque buildup.
On the other hand, some people said that Elgydium did not work as promised and made their teeth sensitive. There are other products on the market that may work better.