Why is it important to use a Sunscreen daily?
Sunscreen is an essential product for modern life when we’re so often out in the sun under the harmful UVA rays. These rays can have a powerfully negative effect on the skin, exposing you to sunburn and the risk of skin cancer.
If you spend too much time in the sun, it will also affect the quality of your skin, drying it out immensely. Over time, frequent sun exposure will prematurely age your skin. Sunscreen not only protects your skin; it can prevent the formation of wrinkles and fine lines.
What are the benefits of using a moisturizer with a Sunscreen?
Hopefully, you’re using a good moisturizer daily, in order to hydrate the skin and prevent it from drying out as you go about your day-to-day activities. It’s important to use a moisturizer that has UVA protection incorporated so the sun won’t impact the dryness of your skin when you’re trying to keep it as hydrated as possible.
What Sunscreen Ingredients to Look For?
- Zinc Oxide – This is a sunscreen which has an amazing ability to block the skin from harmful UVA rays, protecting it from being damaged or drying out. Besides that it’s a natural antiseptic and astringent, making it an excellent ingredient for healing skin abrasions. Zinc oxide has powerful anti-aging properties. It can also prevent damage to cells and stop wrinkles and fine lines from forming. This ingredient is very important in dermatology.
- Dimethicone – This is a silicone-based substance which has the ability to even out the skin. It fills in the pores and the wrinkles and lines on the face, leaving it smooth. There is some research that indicates that Dimethicone has a protective effect on the skin.
- Beeswax – This wax is secreted mostly by honeybees and can be found in honeycombs. It has several benefits for the skin (source). It forms a protective barrier, preventing environmental contaminants from causing it harm. It also draws hydration, making it an excellent moisturizer.
- Carnauba Wax – This is sometimes also called Brazil wax, and it has a number of applications in food, dentistry, and cosmetics (source). It’s derived from the leaves of a plant native to the northeastern part of Brazil. It’s often included in cosmetic creams because it has hypoallergenic properties. In addition, it’s an emollient which has the ability to soften and soothe the skin. This wax is also an excellent thickening agent to add to creams.
- Cyclomethicone – This is an organic compound which is frequently added to cosmetic products such as creams and lotions, because it makes the skin feel smooth and moisturized. It prevents that oily, sticky feeling many creams leave you with.
If you aren't already using a good sunscreen, make it a point to purchase one soon. You can either use it on top of your regular moisturizer or choose a product which combines both components. A product like this will protect your skin from harmful rays and from drying out.
Below are some of the best sunscreen products on the market today, in our opinion.
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available informations and our estimation of efficacy.
*Result may vary. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purpose. No medical claims are implied in this content, and the information herein is not intended to be used for self diagnosis or self treatment of any condition.
*Disclosure of Material connection: Some of the links in the post above are “associate sales links.” This means if you can click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission. Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials.”