Stretch marks or Striae are slightly depressed grooves on the surface of your skin. They may be either red or white in color. These grooves are caused by microscopic tears on the dermal layer of your skin. Stretch marks may be caused by a number of things including:
- Growth spurts
- Rapid changes in body mass and weight
- Hormonal imbalance
These marks will occur on 45% of teenagers undergoing puberty. It doesn’t matter whether the kid is male or female. Also, about 50-90% of all pregnancies will result to the mother getting stretch marks. Most of the marks have been reported to occur in the last trimester.
Steps to Remove Stretch Marks on The Neck
The neck is not a typical place to get stretch marks. Most marks will occur on the fattier parts of the body like the following:
- Upper arms
- Belly (especially for pregnant women)
- Lower back
Although rare, stretch marks on the neck usually occur on the part of the neck that meets the shoulders. In this article, we will discuss some ways to remove stretch marks on the neck.
- Exercise: One way to minimize if not remove these marks is by exercising. A great way to do exercises for this area is to do exercises that strengthen the muscles for your shoulder and your back since these are the major muscles that support your neck. Have you noticed how most athletes and people who work out have such taut and smooth skin? This is because the stronger your muscles are, the more they will be able to draw your skin closer to the flesh. Creating cellulite and stretch mark free skin.
Exercising this area would also be a great way to get the blood circulating in your neck area which should promote rapid healing of your existing stretch marks.
- 1. Hydrate Your Skin: In order to prevent stretch marks or to minimize their appearance, we must keep our skins pliable and supple. There are two ways to go about hydrating your skin.
One, you may choose to go about providing adequate moisture to your skin by drinking lots and lots of fresh water and eating fruits and vegetables that have a high water content. A number of these kinds of food are watermelon and cucumber. This is a great way to hydrate because not only does it deliver enough amounts of precious H2O to your skin, it also provides cleansing water for your other organs.
Two, your second option for hydration is to use lotions and creams to not only provide moisture but to seal it in. A problem with just drinking your source of moisture is that you can still lose a lot of that moisture by sweating or mere evaporation. By using lotions and creams, you are ensuring that your skin locks in enough moisture.
- 2. Home Remedies: With hundreds of anecdotal evidence to back them up, home remedies for stretch marks have proven to be a viable option for the treatment of your stretch marks. Examples of these remedies are olive oil, sunflower oil, castor oil aloe vera, emu oil or a combination of a number of these items. There is a great recipe for a stretch mark cream that combines Shea butter, olive oil, and Vitamin E capsules. To amp up the benefits of these home remedies, you may use that as a complement to other stretch mark busting tips like eating healthy and exercising.
- 3. Use Stretch Mark Cream: You may also use stretch mark creams if you feel that home remedies are not enough. Preferably we would suggest using one with vitamin A, or vitamin derivatives likes retinol or Tretinoin for best results. A word of caution, however, these substances are teratogenic and should not be used by pregnant women or breastfeeding mothers.
- 4. Consult a Dermatologist: There still isn’t a substitute for the knowledgeable opinion and expertise of a licensed physician. So if you happen to know one who specializes in dermatology, it is best to schedule a consultation. A dermatologist can also help you sort through your treatment options and clarify any information about stretch marks that you find confusing.
A stretch mark on the neck is just like any other stretch mark and as such will be as difficult to treat as any other stretch mark. Over the years though, more and more options have become available to us. Even if not all these treatments were effective for everybody, it might still be worth giving a shot. You can minimize its appearance and even treat it if you moisturize the area, eat well and maintain a healthy weight.