Many people have stretch marks on different parts of their bodies. The common areas where this ugly skin problem appears to include the lower back, butt, belly, breasts, and inner thighs.
Stretch marks are caused by tiny tears in the middle layer of the skin.
It usually starts reddish or purple in color but eventually fades into a whitish or silver shade.
When treating stretch marks, it is important to remember that it is highly treatable when it is still new (red or purplish) and becomes difficult to treat once it turns into a silver or grey color.
The most popular treatment for this unsightly skin problem is the use of stretch mark creams or formulas.
However, only a small number of products really work out of the hundreds of brands being sold today.
To help you find a good product that works, we will be closely inspecting a popular brand and determine if it is worth buying or not.
The product we will be closely inspecting is called Mama Mio Goodbye Stretch Marks which is being sold online for $70 (100 ml container).
It is stated on the product’s website that the formula contains clinically proven ingredients that repair stretch marks.
It is made from a potent blend of peptides, nourishing oils and fruit extracts that improves both old and new stretch marks due to pregnancy, weight gain or any other reason.
Goodbye Stretch Marks from Mama Mio combines ingredients that work together to reduce the appearance of stretch marks. Here are the active ingredients of the anti-stretchmark formula:
- Registril – This is a combination of peptides that stimulate the repair of damage on the matrix of the skin. It is clinically proven to reduce the appearance and texture of stretch marks by up to 70% according to the product’s website.
- Emblica – This active ingredient of Mama Mio Goodbye Stretch Marks is made from a powerful fruit extract that evens out skin tone and lightens the appearance of stretch marks. It naturally evens out skin tone regardless of the user’s skin type or color.
- Matrixyl 3000 – This is a potent peptide that activates the production of collagen. It is clinically proven to increase collagen and elastin production to make the skin more elastic. Some studies have shown that it also has anti-aging benefits.
- Algisium-C – This brown algae extract is rich in silica. It assists in the healing of damaged skin that causes the appearance of stretch marks. It works by smoothing out the surface of the skin.
- Sweet Almond Oil – This natural oil is rich in omega 3, 6 and 9 fatty acids. It soothes the skin and reduces itching while helping restore the skin’s healthy moisture level. It helps reduce inflammation which helps diminish the appearance of stretch marks and other skin discolorations.
What Mama Mio Goodbye Stretch Marks Promises You?
The stretch mark formula essentially claims to reduce the appearance of both new and old stretch marks.
It claims to contain clinically proven ingredients for repairing stretch marks.
Mama Mio Goodbye Stretch Marks promises to improve both the color and texture of existing stretch marks but works better on newly formed ones red or purple in color.
It is stated on the product’s website that the formula is safe and gentle so it can be used even whilst pregnant or nursing.
How Does It Work?
First of all, the formula stimulates the repair of damaged skin matrix to reduce the visibility of stretch marks. Then, it evens out skin tone and fades the appearance of stretch marks.
It also contains a clinically proven ingredient for increasing collagen and elastin production to make the skin more elastic and aid in the natural repair process of the skin.
It also contains soothing ingredients that help reduce skin inflammation to allow optimum repair of damaged skin.
Who Can Use Mama Mio Goodbye Stretch Marks?
Anyone can use the anti-stretch mark cream regardless of the cause of their stretch marks.
It can be used by those who have new or old stretch marks but the formula is more effective on newly formed stretch marks reddish or purplish in color.
Just remember to check the ingredients carefully and make sure you’re not hypersensitive to any of them before purchasing the product.
Directions for Use
It is easy to use and all you need to do is to apply a thin layer of the formula over each stretch mark.
For optimum results, apply three times daily. Noticeable results are seen within 12 weeks of use according to the product’s website.
Make sure it is fully absorbed before wearing clothing over the affected areas or using other skincare products.
- Some active ingredients of Mama Mio Goodbye Stretch Marks are clinically proven to be effective
- It is designed for both new and old stretch marks
- There’s an immense number of positive customer feedback saying it really works especially on new stretch marks
- The Mama Mio website offers free delivery
- There is detailed information provided regarding the active ingredients of the formula on the product’s website
- Some active ingredients are not backed by clinical data
- It isn’t very effective for old stretch marks
- There are many negative feedback and reviews from customers saying the effects take a very long time
- The product has not been clinically tested for effectiveness so there is no proof that it really works
- Some people are allergic to certain ingredients so it is not for everyone
After thoroughly inspecting Mama Mio Goodbye Stretch Marks, it is a good product for reducing the appearance of stretch marks.
There are many people who have tried it who say it really works well but only for newly formed stretch marks.
It is not very effective for old stretch marks and visible results from using it take a long time.
Another major downside of the product is the high price. It is still worth buying but there are better stretch mark formulas on the market.
The unfortunate truth is that more than 90% of the stretch mark creams being sold today are ineffective. Some are even unsafe and can cause side effects like skin irritation. Choosing a stretch mark cream is a very difficult process that takes a lot of time for thorough research. To make it a lot easier for you, we have carefully examined the top stretch mark creams on the market and ranked them based on effectiveness, safety and affordability. Here are the best products for your consideration.