In This Review
What is Natrol Melatonin?
Natrol Melatonin is a line of sleep aid supplements that aim to help users fall asleep quicker, remain in deep sleep longer and wake up feeling completely refreshed, according to the maker. It may be recommended to those battling with insomnia, irregular shift workers and those experiencing jet lag.
These supplements may work to establish a normal sleep pattern by boosting the body’s melatonin level. Melatonin, which is a sleep-regulating hormone is affected by a number of factors that may diminish its production and such this product may help correct that.
Natrol Melatonin comes in different forms including gummies, capsules, tablets, and liquid all for customer preference. Users who find it hard to swallow capsules or tablets can easily switch to options such as gummies or fast dissolve which are both tasty and easy to use.
This product has options for kids as well. The products are also to be vegetarian-friendly, drug-free, great-tasting and non-habit forming.
Who is the Manufacturer of Natrol Melatonin?
The manufacturer of Natrol Melatonin is a USA based company called Natrol. It was founded by Eliott Balbert in the 80’s when the company was a cosmetics company.
The mission of the company is to empower its client base to own their health through values such as integrity, innovation, passion, commitment, efficiency, and accountability.
Natrol claims to be one of the leading manufacturers in the supplements that fall into the vitamins and minerals category. The company operates in more than 60 countries worldwide, which suggests that it is pretty established.
How Does Natrol Melatonin Work?
Melatonin is a naturally occurring hormone in our bodies that dictates the body’s sleep and wake cycles. Over time due to age, melatonin production decreases thus affecting our sleep patterns leading to sleep issues such as insomnia. Other melatonin inhibitors include stress, fatigue, diet and overexposure to technology.
Natrol Melatonin contains exogenous melatonin which replenishes the body’s melatonin. This supplements this vital hormone’s production thus restoring the normal sleep pattern. When the sleep cycle is restored, your brain is calmed down and you are able to enjoy long deep sleep that is free from tossing and turning in bed.
Natrol Melatonin Ingredients – Are they Safe & Effective?
The active ingredients in Melatonin’s line of sleep support formulas vary with the purpose a product is intended to accomplish. The producer claims they are safe and effective.
*All individuals are unique. Your results can and will vary.
Some of the most elaborate ingredients are as below:
- Melatonin– Exogenous melatonin is becoming one of the most sort after sleep regulating supplements as it may play a major role in the body’s biological clock that regulates sleep. In an article published in the Nutrition Journal, melatonin was found to have the ability to reduce the time taken for a person to fall asleep. This hormone, therefore, may be efficient for people with delayed sleep phase syndrome.
- Antioxidant Vitamins– In many studies, minerals and vitamins have been found to have soporific effects. According to one research article in the journal Sleep Medicine, vitamin B, in particular, is associated with the prevention of insomnia as well as helping to control other sleep disorders.
- Acai Berry– This fruit is indigenous to South and Central America. It supposedly became popular due to its anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties. According to a research paper appearing in the journal Biology Sport, this ingredient may help reduce cholesterol levels and blood pressure.
- Glucosamine– Is a natural compound commonly found in healthy cartilage. It also a component in joint fluids, which may help ease joint friction. For supplements, this ingredient may help reduce joint and body pains to help you feel relaxed. According to a review article by the Arthritis Foundation, glucosamine may support cartilage production. It might also have some anti-inflammatory properties.
What are the Advantages of Natrol Melatonin?
- Taking it as recommended may help reduce the time taken to fall asleep
- The quality of sleep may be improved
- The products offer different flavor options
- Users have a variety of delivery options to choose from, from tablets, capsules, gummies or liquid
- It is claimed to be non-habit forming
What are the Disadvantages of Natrol Melatonin?
- This supplement is a short term sleep aid as the benefits only last when the dose is active
- Some people may experience side effects such as headaches, stomach discomforts, morning grogginess and hangovers
- This product contains allergens such as wheat and soy
- Pregnant women, lactating mothers, those under medication or individuals with acute medical conditions are all exempted from using Natrol Melatonin.
Q: How Should You Take Natrol Melatonin?
A: Natrol Melatonin supplements come in doses of 1, 3, 5 and 10 mg. According to the manufacturers, users should start with the least dose to assess their tolerance level.
In the event that they are unable to sleep with their current dose, they should increase their dose until the desired result is reached.
CAUTION: However, users should ensure they do not exceed the 10 mg limit per day.
Q: How Much Does Natrol Melatonin Cost?
A: Natrol Melatonin pricing varies depending on the product as well as the retailer you buy from; as in, the manufacturer sells this line of supplements through selected online platforms.
Q: What is Natrol Melatonin’s Return Policy?
A: Natrol Melatonin is not sold on its official site. It is sold on other retailer platforms hence the return policy may depend on where you buy your product.
Q: Does Natrol Melatonin Offer a Free Trial?
A: There are no free trials for this product as this detail is not shared by the manufacturer.
Natrol Melatonin Review – Final Verdict
Recent studies show that many people today than ever before face sleep disorders. These disorders range from difficulty in initiating/maintaining sleep to early awakening.
While age is a common initiating factor, there are other reasons that cause poor sleep such as diet, stress, and overexposure to blue light (light from electronic devices).
Natrol Melatonin is a sleep supplement that claims to help support the healthy production of the melatonin sleep hormone. By enhancing the melatonin level in the body, this product aims to restore the body’s sleep and wake cycle.
This line of products may be used by vegetarians as they are also free from food allergens such as milk and fish. Natrol Melatonin is also non-habit forming, unlike other additives sleep supplements.
*All individuals are unique. Your results can and will vary.
That said, these supplements might not offer a permanent cure to underlying issues that may have led to the sleep problems faced. This means that after completing the dose, you may go back to poor sleep.
Besides, Natrol Melatonin is pointed out to contain wheat and soy which may be allergens, hence people intolerant to these foods might face allergic reactions or unwanted side effects.
Luckily, there are a number of efficient sleep pills in the market that have positive reviews and have no allergens or side effects.
There are many people who may have a hard time falling or staying asleep. Consequently, they wake up exhausted and irritable. Effective, natural sleep aids can help return to a normal sleep schedule resulting in improve overall health, mood, and well-being.
Below you'll find some of the most effective all natural sleep aid formulations on the market today, in our opinion.
Verdict on Claimed Benefits: Below is our summary of the available evidence for the claimed benefits of below mentioned natural sleep aids, sleep support supplements and anti-snoring mouthpiece based on the available research: