At birth, the skin is basically perfect. As one grows it is inevitable for the skin to be exposed to a variety of damaging factors including the sun, pollution and chemicals. Aging also takes a heavy toll on the skin. By the time we are in our adulthood, the skin has undergone considerable damage and this is manifested in the numerous wrinkles and blemishes on the skin.
Skin rejuvenation is the process of reversing visible signs of skin damage such as wrinkling and blemishes. It is basically a way to make the skin younger, healthier and better looking. Skin rejuvenation has evolved over time. While it used to be done in crude and ineffective ways several years back, now various modern rejuvenation treatments have proven to be highly effective. With this effectiveness, the risks and side effects are also reduced*. This article takes a look at skin rejuvenation, the types of skin rejuvenation and which skin rejuvenation treatment will work best for you.
Types of Skin Rejuvenation
Differentiation of the different techniques of skin rejuvenation is based on three key aspects; light, heat and chemicals.
- Thermal Rejuvenation: Just like the term ‘thermal’ suggests, thermal rejuvenation does its work using heat. Our skin is kept young and healthy looking by the collagen below it. This is the component that holds the skin together and prevents sagging and wrinkling. As one grows old, the collagen loses its ability to perform its function and thus wrinkling sets in. Heat therapy works by heating up the collagen below the skin and causing it to contract. As it contracts, it pulls the skin together once again. Most thermal rejuvenation treatments can be done at a salon and they are also not expensive. In addition, side effects associated with thermal rejuvenation are minimal and only short term.
- Chemical Rejuvenation: This is where chemicals are used to remove* the top dead skin layer. Once this top layer is gotten rid off, the new skin growth is smoother and has less wrinkling. Basically, chemical rejuvenation is a way of forcing the skin to regenerate. In contrast to thermal rejuvenation, chemical rejuvenation is a bit more delicate and is better performed in a medical setting by a qualified doctor. This reduces* chances of adverse side effects. There are however some chemical rejuvenation treatment that can be bought and administered at home.
- Photo Rejuvenation: Thermal rejuvenation uses heat while chemical rejuvenation uses chemicals components. Photo rejuvenation relies on light to get rid of negative skin changes such as age spots and wrinkles. In particular, photo rejuvenation makes uses of laser light and it therefore at times referred to as laser resurfacing. Laser light is effective in getting rid of many types of skin pigment conditions including age spots, sun spots, ephelids and lentigenes. This type of skin rejuvenation technique should only be performed by a highly qualified doctor in a proper medical setting.
Combination is The Key to Skin Rejuvenation
You may be wondering which method of skin rejuvenation is best for you. Different methods are ideal for different people depending on the skin type, level of skin damage and of course budget. Ultimately however, combining several skin rejuvenation treatments is the key to success. The only thing you should be careful about is to not bombard your skin with many treatments. This can lead to more problems than before.
Tips to Rejuvenate the Skin
Apart from the above treatments, you can also try other techniques which do not require expert help or a lot of money. The following tips on how to rejuvenate your skin are very simple and can easily be done at home without any risks of health problems.
- Regular Exfoliation: This is one of the most effective ways to rejuvenate your skin. Instead of having a chemical rejuvenation to remove* dead skin cells, why don’t you do it yourself? You can buy some exfoliating cream or even use home-based products such as lemon juice and papaya.
- Moisturizing: For the skin to look good, it needs to be hydrated constantly. Make proper use of moisturizing lotions and most importantly drink a lot of water throughout the day. Not only does it improve* skin appearance, it also boosts* cell functions.
- Proper Diet That Nourishes The Skin: A diet rich in vitamins and other crucial minerals is god for the skin. In particular, you should start off your day with a healthy dose of vitamins from a fruit to keep your skin healthy throughout the day.
- Protection From the Sun: Use sunscreen or wear protective clothing to shield your skin from UV rays from the sun.
- Avoid Polluted Areas: Dust and chemical pollution can damage your skin and hamper rejuvenation.
What is The Best Skin Rejuvenation Treatment?
- Laser Skin Rejuvenation: This is where pulsed beams of intense laser light are passed over specific areas of the skin. The light dissociates molecular bonds thus getting rid of sun spots, lentigenes and liver spots. It is a highly effective treatment albeit with a few side effects.
- Skin Peels: Also referred to as a chemical peel, skin peels are done using chemicals. The aim is to remove* the top dead skin layer so as to allow for skin regeneration. This treatment carries slightly more side effects than others although it is quite effective.
- Skin Tightening: This one falls under thermal rejuvenation where as discussed before, heat is used to make the collagen contract and consequently bring about skin tightening. The best thing about this treatment is that it can be done quickly at a salon and at an affordable cost. The side effects are also short term and mild.
- Thread Vein Removal: Thread veins are visible tiny blood vessels under the skin. They develop as someone ages and can be aggravated by too much sun exposure or hormones especially in women. Thread vein removal can either be done through sclerotherapy or laser therapy depending on their severity.
The best way to know which treatment will work out best for you is to talk to a dermatologist. Depending on your skin type and the end results that you are after, a final skin rejuvenation treatment will be recommended. It is about the skin treatments, but you may go with skin brightening gel for keeping your healthy look. One suggested skin brightening lotion can be Elure Advanced Skin Lightening Lotion.