Have you found the perfect skin product yet? Admit it, taking care of your oily skin is a difficult task and we must congratulate you for being so patient and having the will to try almost everything that there is in the search for the skin product that will work the best for you and your skin! The truth is that this is a process that takes a lot of time.
And your body is changing. So what may have worked for your skin in the past, might not be the best choice now in the moment? But, there is one thing that never changes when it comes to taking care of oily skin – the importance of having a good facial scrub!
Scrubbing your skin is important for any skin type, but it is essential when it comes to oily skin! Why do you ask? We decided to answer this and many other questions in the following article as well as share 25 DIY face scrubs specially designed for oily skin! You no longer need to walk the aisles in the nearest drugstore in a search for the best face scrub!
Now you can make your face scrub at home and try these 25 DIY recipes now!
What Makes Face Scrubbing Such An Important Habit When You Are Dealing With Oily Skin?
What you are dealing with when it comes to oily skin is the extra production of oil. This accumulation of excess oil on the outer skin layer most commonly results with the appearance of whiteheads, blackheads and other skin irritations and problems.
Well the excess oil and the combination of dead skin cells and bacteria, that is. This leads to the importance of a good face scrub. A good face scrub will allow you to get rid of not only the excess oil in your skin but also any dead skin cells and bacteria present in the skin.
It will also refresh your skin and you will end up with glowing, healthy-looking skin with no trace of acne or pimples.
The 25 DIY Facial Scrubs That You Must Try!
1. Lavender Scrub – Use sugar, olive oil and a few drops of lavender essential oil that you will mix well and apply to your face.
2. Cucumber Scrub – Mash half of a cucumber with a tablespoon of sugar and mix it well. Massage your skin carefully.
3. Lemon Juice, Baking Soda and Honey Scrub – Mix a tablespoon of lemon juice and baking soda with half a spoon of honey. Apply the mixture and massage your face for 2-3 minutes.
4. Orange Juice and Sugar Scrub – One tablespoon of sugar mixed with two or three tablespoons of orange juice later applied to the face.
5. Lemon Juice, Yogurt and Cornmeal Scrub – Massage your face with a scrub made of two tablespoons of yogurt and cornmeal with one spoon of lemon juice.
6. Lemon Juice, Banana and Honey Scrub – Mix a whole banana with one tablespoon of lemon juice and honey and apply it to your face.
7. Sugar, Honey and Strawberry Scrub – You will need six strawberries and one tablespoon of honey and sugar to prepare this scrub.
8. Orange Peel and Yogurt Scrub – Two tablespoons of orange peel and yogurt mixed well and let it sit on your face for 20 minutes.
9. Sea Salt, Egg White and Lime Juice Scrub – Using one egg white, two tablespoons of sea salts and one tablespoon of lime juice create a mixture that you will use to massage your skin.
10. Lemon Juice and Sea Salt Scrub – A tablespoon of sea salt and lemon juice mixed together and applied to the skin.
11. Oat Scrub – Grind your oats into a powder and mix it well with water. Apply the mixture on your face and wait for the results.
12. Cucumber and Yogurt Scrub – Blend one cucumber and mix it with some yogurt. Apply the mixture and wait 30 minutes for the scrub to do its trick!
13. Honey, Olive Oil and Sugar Scrub – Mix one teaspoon of honey and olive oil with one tablespoon of sugar and massage your face with the mixture.
14. Blueberry and Lemon Juice Scrub – Blend a couple of blueberries with a tablespoon of lemon juice and apply the scrub to your skin.
15. Grapefruit and Sugar Scrub – You will need one grapefruit and one cup of sugar that you need to blend together to get a homemade face scrub!
16. Coconut Oil Scrub – Mix together one tablespoon of coconut oil with 1 teaspoon of coconut sugar. Using circular motions, apply the mixture to your skin and wait 3-4 minutes. Then rinse with warm water.
17. Coffee and Yogurt Scrub – Blend one tablespoon of coffee beans to which you will add 1 tablespoon of yogurt. Mix it well, then apply to the skin.
18. Kiwi, Olive Oil and Sugar Scrub – Peel and mash one kiwi to which you will add one tablespoon of sugar and olive oil to get a well-mixed face scrub.
19. Almonds, Honey, and Lemon Juice Scrub – Blend one tablespoon of almonds and then add one tablespoon of honey and ½ tablespoon lemon juice. Stir it well and then apply.
20. Papaya and Olive Oil Scrub – Puree the papaya and add a few drops of lemon juice to get a nice mixture. Apply it to your skin and massage it for a couple of minutes.
21. Rice, Honey, and Baking Soda Scrub – Use powder rice for the best results. Mix all the ingredients together – one tablespoon of each and apply the mixture to your skin.
22. Tomato Juice and Sugar Scrub – Add one tablespoon of sugar to the tomato juice and mix it well. Then apply to your skin.
23. Walnuts, Honey, and Lemon Juice Scrub – Grind a few walnuts and add two tablespoons of lemon juice and honey to get a good mixture that you will apply to your skin.
24. Apple, Oatmeal, Cornmeal and Honey Scrub – Put all the ingredients in a blender – one apple and one tablespoon of the previously mentioned ingredients and blend until you get a smooth paste. Apply the paste to your face.
25. Coconut Oil and Sugar Scrub – Mix one tablespoon of coconut oil with one tablespoon of sugar to get a scrub that you will be thankful for!
Read Also – Arabica Coffee Scrub
Managing your oily skin it is surely not an easy thing to do. And that is the exact thing that made us think of all of you out there who are searching for a product that will make things easier for you. But the answer does not always come in a bottle.
Sometimes you need to work a little bit harder to get what you are looking for. And in this case, that means that you need to create your own face scrub if you want glowing, healthy-looking skin! And we are offering 25 easy, inexpensive recipes for a face scrub that you need to try right now!