Your skin is unique and requires specific needs and treatments which give you a different starting point if you are in quest for skincare. Most skin health experts would attest that the right organic skincare can support your skin to give a radiant look and smoothness regardless of its current condition. Do you really have time to give special attention to your skin? It doesn’t necessarily mean having a glance in the mirror but cautiously observing your skin to understand its specific needs. You can do this by following these simple skincare tips:
- Hydration: You can get a clear understanding of your skin by simply pinching it on the cheekbone and observe how suddenly it “pings” back. Your skin may appear plumb or it can have some fine lines.
- Pores: You should become familiar with your skin pores. Observe how visible they are. If you have a drier skin, chances are that you have fine pores. But individuals with oily skins have more visible open pores. Scrutinize to see if the pores are congested or concentrated in specific areas.
- Oil levels: Oil and hydration are very different things. Oil levels reflect how lubricated your skin is and therefore, Dry Skin products are formulated to cater for both oil water, whereas Oily skin products have ingredients for controlling sebum production. Identify whether you have any oiliness in certain areas especially on the T-zone and chin.
- Pigmentation: It is a difficult task to understand this skin feature but your skin appearance is subject to transform in response to environmental changes including exposure to the sun and dirt. Notice redness or whether your skin is inflamed, or there is uneven pigmentation, or sensitivity. Pigmentation is common in areas that are mostly exposed to the sun, such as the cheekbone and forehead. You might minimize pigmentation and improve the appearance, learn about Maxi-Skin Review which may help you out.
- Elasticity and Softness: Examine the overall firmness of your skin and learn if it is youthful and radiant. Give more focus to your forehead and the area around your eyes to identify if there are many expression lines. You could be having a skin that is plump and smooth or creepy and dull.
From these observations, you are now knowledgeable of the kind of skincare regimen that you should adopt and the products you should use. Ensure that every stage of your skin routine drives you to meet your end target, including oil-regulation, hydration, fine lines and wrinkles or glow.
Cleansing and Toning
Cleansing is the fundamental of every skincare regimen that your skin is prepared to be moisturized or treated. Be wise in choosing a moisturizer.
- Cream Cleansers: They are intended to scrub off impurities and toxins from your skin. Their effects are best felt if they are applied at least 2-3 times (this enhances blood circulation and reactivation of lymphatic system) and wiped away using a cotton pad or flannel. If you have a dry or mature skin, cream cleansers are beneficial to you as they are less alkaline than foaming soaps, balancing your oil levels.
- Milk Cleanser: These are mild than cream cleansers and comes with more water-moisture. They are ideal if you have a dehydrated, sensitive or dry skin and help in boosting hydration in the epidermis without eroding skin’s natural oil.
- Soaps: They are intended to deeply cleanse the skin and remove excess oils and dirt. Organic foaming cleansers should not contain tough detergents and should have hydrating ingredients such as Aloe Vera or plant extracts. People with oily or normal skins can reap more benefits from such products.
- Toning: This is important in refining your skin appearance and increasing water-moisture levels. Select a toner with regard to active herbs and essential oils to reap maximum benefits for your skin.
Selecting a Moisturizer
Selecting a moisturizer is an important step in any skincare resolution as it will be present all day. Creams contain a mixture of oil and water in combination with other active plant ingredients for maximum benefits.
If your skin is dry and mature, go for creams rich in plant oils which actually serve as food for the skin and come with essential nutrients like fatty acids and vitamins. The nutrients also increase the lipid count of the skin helping it to feel ore moisturized for an extended period. Mature skin will reap benefits as well from anti-aging ingredients that support collagen and elastin structure boosting the firmness of your skin. Go for products containing Rhizobian gum renown to give natural firmness removing fine lines appearance.
Individuals with oily skins should regulate oil through slightly moisturizing by applying light cream to offer nutrients and hydration and maintain the skin balance. If you have an oily skin and avoid the use of a moisturizer, you are doing more harm to your skin. Applying a light lotion with anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory ingredients will go a long way in tackling oil and sebum production.
Regular exfoliation in crucial in helping cells turnover and improve radiance. Ensure you have exfoliators in your bathroom which aids in the removal of the dead surface skin cells through gentle buffing. They also contain natural brightening ingredients. Don’t exfoliate for more than 2-3 times every week.
- Facemasks: They are intended for hydrating the skin with oil and water moisture or for purifying the skin with concentrated cleansers and detoxifying clays. After application, leave your skin for 5-10 minutes before washing off using warm water