Philosophy Miracle Worker Dark Spot Corrector Cream Overview
This product is part of philosophy skincare’s Miracle Worker line, which is marketed toward women who are interested in purchasing anti-aging moisturizers, cleansers, and eye creams.
The manufacturer claims that Miracle Worker Dark Spot Corrector Cream helps brighten skin, fade dark spots associated with age and overexposure to the sun, and improve the appearance of acne scarring so the complexion appears smoother and more even.
The best over the counter skin lightening cream is one of a trifecta of products philosophy calls its “dark spot correcting system,” which also includes anti-aging retinoid pads and retinoid solution. The price for a single one ounce bottle of this product is $64.
Philosophy is a well known American skincare brand that was founded in 1996. The company works with a team of dermatologists, tests all of its products, and claims each has proven results. Some of its products have won CEW beauty awards, and many have been acknowledged by companies such as Sephora and QVC.
Miracle Worker Dark Spot Corrector Cream contains the following ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Behenyl Alcohol, Niacinamide, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cetearyl Olivate, Hexyldecanol, Sorbitan Olivate, Butylene Glycol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Ascorbyl Linoleate, Undecylenoyl Phenylalanine, Hexylresorcinol, Phenylethyl Resorcinol, Resveratrol, Tocopheryl Ferulate, Ethyl Linoleate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cychohexasiloxane, Ethylhexylglycerin, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Sterols, Safflower Glyceride, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Rumex Occidentalis Extract, Brassica Campestris (Rapeseed) Sterols, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Linoleic Acid, Phospholipids, Bisabolol, Cetylhydroxyproline Palmitamide, Arginine, Heptapeptide-12, Beta-Glucan, Retinyl Palmitate, Lysolecithin, Methyl Dihydroxybenzoate, Disodium Edta, Stearic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Chlorphenesin, and Phenoxyethanol.
How does Philosophy Miracle Worker Dark Spot Corrector Cream Work?
This cream stands out from many other dark spot removers because it does not contain hydroquinone, which can be harsh on sensitive skin types. It uses a proprietary mixture of skin brightening ingredients that includes resveratrol.
Philosophy claims that in a four-week clinical study in which test subjects used the cream once daily, 90 percent showed improvement in skin radiance, which may or may not be a subjective description. Eighty percent of people showed improvement in skin discoloration. One to two pumps of this product should be applied to clean, dry skin at night. A sunscreen should be applied in the morning while using this product.
Philosophy Miracle Worker Dark Spot Corrector Cream Strengths
- This skin brightener can be purchased both online and in several stores, including Sephora and Macy’s
- An unusually high number of user testimonials can be read on Sephora’s website, and many of them are positive
- This product does not contain hydroquinone, which can irritate sensitive skin types
- Can be used on all skin types and skin tones
- Does not contain parabens, sulfates, synthetic fragrances or dyes, phthalates, GMOs, or triclosan
- Although the product is pricey, one pump daily is all that is needed and it can also be used as a spot treatment
Philosophy Miracle Worker Dark Spot Corrector Cream Weaknesses
- Although free samples of this product are sometimes offered in stores, they are not provided online
- At $64 for a one ounce bottle, this product is pricey
- A lack of hydroquinone may make some question whether this product is as effective as other skin brighteners that contain this ingredient
- Despite information about philosophy’s clinical trials, test subjects do not say their spots cleared after four weeks
Miracle Worker Dark Spot Corrector Cream has received so many positive user reviews most of which praise its ability to even out the complexion and make it brighter that it’s difficult to find reasons not to try it. Most users do not state that it erases dark spots, but philosophy does not make this dramatic claim.
The price may seem like a lot at first, but only one to two pumps are needed nightly. The lack of hydroquinone may seem counterproductive to customers who are looking to see a drastic improvement in their spots, but people with sensitive skin will appreciate a more soothing skin brightening formula.
Skin Brighteners aid in reducing post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation revealing even skin tone. Skin brighteners also can help revitalize tired and dull skin resulting in a youthful, healthy glow.
Below you'll find some of the most effective skin brightening products on the market today, in our opinion.