Overview of IKB Skin Brightening Serum
IKB Skin Brightening Serum is a topical formulation designed to reduce skin discolorations. It works on hyperpigmentation problems like dark spots due to any cause. The product can be used to even out skin tone or for overall lightening of the skin. It is quickly absorbed and dries immediately. It uses a combination of active ingredients including vitamin C for fast and considerable results. It is being sold online for $14.99 per 1 oz. container.
How Does It Rate?
- The IKB skincare line has recently gone through an overhaul for the purpose of maintaining its integrity while utilizing cutting-edge technology.
- The company offers a range of products mostly for lightening the skin or addressing skin discolorations from hyperpigmentation.
- The company started approximately 20 years ago in Lagos, Nigeria but is now available in the United States and the United Kingdom.
- IKB is not yet well known and has not established a good reputation in the US and UK.
- Monopropylene Glycol
- Arbutin Complex
- Sodium Metabisulfite
- Vitamin C
- Disodium Edta
- It is very affordable
- The product is available in many retail stores and it can also be ordered from several websites
- There is no substantial evidence that IKB Skin Brightening Serum is effective or safe
- No clinical study has been conducted on the skin brightener
- It isn’t offered with a money-back guarantee which is a common practice of the top skin brighteners
- It contains vitamin C which can cause skin irritation
- No details are provided on the active ingredients and how they work to brighten skin
- There are many negative feedbacks saying it isn’t effective
- It is known to cause side effects, particularly skin irritation
- The product is not from a reputable company
How Does IKB lightening serum Work?
IKB lightening serum is good for oily or mixed skin. It identifies the complexion and decreases skin discolouration. Vitamin C, a potent antioxidant, brightens, firms, and protects against free radical damage. Quickly absorbs and dries.
IKB Skin Brightening Serum Ingredients – Are they Safe & Effective?
The ingredients of IKB Skin Brightening Serum are:
– It improves skin density and thickness while also increasing blood flow to the skin .
– Glycerin is known to make the skin smoother and prevent dryness .
– It has hygroscopic properties that help to reserve moisture, improving the look of the skin.
– It lightens dark spots, reduces the visibility of acne scars, and evens up skin tone.
Methylparaben and Ethylparaben
– The most striking ingredients are methylparaben and ethylparaben which are potentially harmful especially with long-term use.
– In cosmetic compositions, sodium metabisulfite is used as a preservative and stabilizer.
– Because of its anti-irritant characteristics, it is commonly used in moisturizing products and is excellent for sensitive skin .
– Vitamin C is a powerful skin lightening agent, but it is known to be an irritant especially on sensitive skin .
– Disodium EDTA preserves the integrity of skincare products from undesirable consistency changes, pH changes, odor changes, or texture changes .
No details are provided on the active ingredients which is the main flaw of the skin brightener.
READ ALSO – Anti-Redness Serum
IKB Skin Brightening Serum – FAQ’s
Q: How to Apply IKB lightening serum?
A: Apply on the areas of the skin that you want to brighten. It should be applied after cleansing. Make sure it is completely dry before using other skincare products like sunscreen. Limit sun exposure and use sunscreen for faster results. In case of skin irritation, wash with water and discontinue use.
Q: Who is it for?
A: The skin brightener is for everyone who wants to lighten any area of their skin. However, the formulation may be too harsh for sensitive skin because of the presence of vitamin C.
Q: Is it recommended?
A: Because of the many negative opinions about this skin brightening serum, saying it isn’t effective or the formula can cause skin irritation, IKB Skin Brightening Serum is not a highly recommended skin brightener. The only reason it is worth purchasing is the very low price.
IKB Skin Brightening Serum Review- Final Verdict
After carefully examining IKB Skin Brightening Serum, it is not a good skin brightening product. First of all, it contains potentially harmful ingredients that can cause adverse effects. Secondly, there is no proof of the product’s effectiveness or safety so there is a certain amount of risk involved with using it. Lastly, many users who have tried it say it causes skin irritation and just delivers minimal results. There are many better skin brighteners available on the market, such as Revitol Pore Minimizer and Revlon Touch and Glow, that are effective and deliver fast results.
Skin Brighteners aid in reducing post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation revealing even skin tone. Skin brighteners also can help revitalize tired and dull skin resulting in a youthful, healthy glow.
Below you'll find some of the most effective skin brightening products on the market today, in our opinion.
Product reviews are provided for informational purposes only and reflect solely the views and opinions expressed by the contributors and not those of Consumer Health Digest. We do not verify or endorse any claims made in these reviews. Please read the full product reviews disclaimer. *All individuals are unique. Your results can and will vary.
Have a Question? Please Tell Us What We Are Missing Here!
We review published medical research in respected scientific journals to arrive at our conclusions about a product or health topic. This ensures the highest standard of scientific accuracy.
 The 24-hour skin hydration and barrier function effects of a hyaluronic 1%, glycerin 5%, and Centella asiatica stem cells extract moisturizing fluid: an intra-subject, randomized, assessor-blinded study: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5560567/
 Efficacy and tolerability of the investigational topical cream SD-101 (6% allantoin) in patients with epidermolysis bullosa: a phase 3, randomized, double-blind, vehicle-controlled trial (ESSENCE study): https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7310548/
 The Roles of Vitamin C in Skin Health: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5579659/
 Lanigan RS, Yamarik TA. Final report on the safety assessment of EDTA, calcium disodium EDTA, diammonium EDTA, dipotassium EDTA, disodium EDTA, TEA-EDTA, tetrasodium EDTA, tripotassium EDTA, trisodium EDTA, HEDTA, and trisodium HEDTA. Int J Toxicol. 2002;21 Suppl 2:95-142. doi: 10.1080/10915810290096522. PMID: 12396676.
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available informations and our estimation of efficacy.
*Result may vary. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purpose. No medical claims are implied in this content, and the information herein is not intended to be used for self diagnosis or self treatment of any condition.
*Disclosure of Material connection: Some of the links in the post above are "associate sales links." This means if you can click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission. Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials."