Prostate Health Formula
Blackmores is Australia’s leading natural health brand. It has been playing a key role in the natural health industry in Australia for more than 70 years. Blackmores developed products like pregnancy iron, folate, royal jelly and fish oil, and now it has developed Prostate Health Formula, a prostate supplement meant to keep the prostate healthy. The supplement diminishes and prevents problems caused by benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH). Prostate Health Formula comes in a bottle containing 60 capsules at the price of $37.99 from the official supplier.
Prostate Health Formula Key Ingredients
- Serenoa serrulata (Saw palmetto)
- Urtica dioica (Nettle) extract equiv. to dry root
- Lycopene (natural extract from tomatoes)
- Natural vitamin E (d-alpha-tocopherol 50.3 mg)
- Selenomethionine (Selenium 50 µg)
- Zinc sulphate monohydrate (Zinc 7.5 mg)
Is Prostate Health Formula Safe and Effective to Use?
Prostate Health Formula is safe to use and the only negative thing about its ingredients is that the high quantities of zinc aren’t recommended in a supplement, it’s much better to eat zinc rich food such as seafood, beef, spinach or pumpkin.
Saw palmetto, lycopene and nettle root are safe to use, even in long treatments; the reduction they make of the prostate is noticeable.
Prostate Health Formula Tasks
The main ingredients that benefit this supplement are saw palmetto and nettle root. These are plants used to treat BPH and its symptoms, however it is still discussed exactly how much they contribute to the final treatment; most recent studies made by scientists in large groups show that they are effective in comparison with other ingredients available in most supplements.
Lycopene has a great effect in fighting the free radicals as it is a very effective antioxidant. Vitamin E is important in keeping the prostate tissues healthy.
Zinc is one of the minerals that are better for keeping a healthy prostate.
Prostate Health Formula Benefits
- Helps to keep the prostate healthy
- Provides relief from the symptoms caused by BPH
- Increase in frequency of urination
- Urination several times at nighttime
- The sensation of not being able to emptying the bladder
- Dribbling at the end of urination
- Helps to shrink the prostate
Prostate Health Formula Shortcomings
- Some studies stated that the mixture of vitamin e and selenium in large quantities, can raise the possibility to develop cancer when taken together and from supplements rather than naturally from food.
- Selenium is toxic in large quantities.
- Zinc might be bad for the health when taken in great quantities from a supplement rather than from food.
Guidelines of Prostate Health Formula
- Take one capsule twice a day with meals
- It must be used only by adults
- Like many supplements, the bottle has a content worth of a month and the dose must not be exceeded
- Vitamin supplements should not replace a balanced diet
- Consult your doctor before use and ensure your condition has been diagnosed as benign prostatic enlargement.
- Consult your doctor about the possible contraindications this supplement may have with different kind of medication that you might be taking
Side Effects of Prostate Health Formula
- Selenium is toxic in high doses. Selenium in dietary supplements should not exceed a daily dose of 150 µg.
- May occasionally cause mild gastrointestinal symptoms. If abnormal symptoms persist; you should see your healthcare professional.
- Zinc may decrease the absorption and efficacy of some medications. If taking tetracycline or quinolone antibiotics separate doses by at least 2 hours.
It is recommended in the site by 323 people; through the “I recommend this” button.
Some of the reviews:
“I have noticed a lessening in urgency an increase in volume following taking regularly after the first week. After five months the improvement continues as does my confidence in this product.”
“My husband has tried numerous products for his prostrate problems prescription and non-prescription, expensive and non-expensive. Apparently, this is the only product worth taking. My husband rarely takes supplements or any type of drugs but he takes this daily without fail and has been for several years.”
“I have used this product for over six months now and have better results than with just plain saw palmetto, which I had taken for years before. No prostate problems at all.”
James M. Warner
Even though it shouldn’t be bad if the dose is not exceeded, and be used in short periods of time, it just doesn’t seem to worth it; it makes much more sense to look for a different supplement with a more efficient and safer formula.
*All individuals are unique. Your results can and will vary.
Is better to ask your doctor to help you choose one that is better for your own needs and is safe for you, also remember to tell your doctor if you are taking other kinds of medicine, since they could react badly with the different kinds of supplements.
Prostate health is of great concern for men today. Preventative measures may reduce the risk of developing prostate cancer and improve overall prostate health and function. A quality, premium prostate supplement may shrink the prostate, minimize frequent urination, promote sexual function and contain quality ingredients.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective prostate supplements on the market today, in our opinion.
Verdict on Claimed Benefits: Below is our summary of the available evidence for the claimed benefits of below mentioned prostate health supplements based on the available research:
Product reviews are provided for informational purposes only and reflect solely the views and opinions expressed by the contributors and not those of Consumer Health Digest. We do not verify or endorse any claims made in these reviews. Please read the full product reviews disclaimer. *All individuals are unique. Your results can and will vary.
Have a Question? Please Tell Us What We Are Missing Here!
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available informations and our estimation of efficacy.
*Result may vary. If you are pregnant, nursing, have a serious medical condition, or have a history of heart conditions we suggest consulting with a physician before using any supplement. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purposes only. It is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease and should not be relied upon as a medical advice. Always consult your doctor before using any supplements.
Disclosure of Material connection: Some of the links in the post above are "associate sales links." This means if you can click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission. Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials."