Rosa Mendes Personal Life
Milena Leticia Roucka who is more popularly known as Rosa Mendes of the World Wrestling Entertainment Inc. (WWE) was born on the 25th of October 1979 in Vancouver, British Columbia. She is of Czech and Costa Rican Descent.
Roucka grew up under the guidance of her single father and is a self-confessed “tomboy” when she was growing up.
She attended college at the University of British Columbia taking up Business but eventually dropped out to pursue a career in modelling.
In 2004, she won the “Piel Dorada” which is a well-known Latina American modelling contest.
The next year, she won Hawaiian Tropic’s “Ms Indy 500” contest. She was then trained by Ohio Valley Wrestling and Florida Championship Wrestling.
In 2006, she applied as a contestant in the WWE Diva Search Contest but only placed fourth.
Despite losing, she was signed to a WWE development contract soon after. She is known as “The Femme Fatale” and “The Stunning Latina”.
Rosa Mendes Workout Routine
Before her career as a professional wrestler, Rosa Mendes has trained in kickboxing, Muay Thai and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, which is the reason for her excellently toned figure.
She still trains in the martial arts now and then but mostly trains wrestling today. She follows a weight training program to improve her strength and build muscle in preparation for big wrestling events.
She also performs cardiovascular training sometimes to keep her body fat low and maintain cardiovascular endurance which is important in professional wrestling.
She has also started ballroom dancing which is a great fun form of exercise that also develops coordination and grace. The ballroom dancing is for appearances with another WWE up-and-comer Fandango.
Rosa Mendes Diet Plan
Rosa Mendes is known for her colour-coordinated nutritional guide that focuses on a diet that is rich in vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
She focuses on varying the colour of natural, healthy food items in her diet plan.
For instance, she eats a lot of crimson crops which are high in lycopene like tomatoes, cherries, watermelon and red peppers.
A Costa Rican salad is one of her favourite side dishes, but she also sometimes adds it to fajitas.
Rosa Mendes also eats a lot of bright foods like oranges, yellow squash, corn and carrots which are rich in vitamin C and beta carotene.
She uses yellow squash instead of eggplant for her favourite Greek dish called moussaka. She also eats spinach, cucumbers, lettuce and green apples which are rich in absorbable calcium and fiber.
She uses these and other powerful fruits and vegetables to make a salad then top it with a splash of low calorie balsamic vinaigrette.
As much as possible, she only eats lean meat like chicken breasts and sirloin to help build muscle and avoids processed foods which are high in sodium and other preservatives.
Rosa Mendes Career
In the beginning:
Before the WWE Diva Search, Rosa Mendes was training for K-1 mixed martial arts while doing some modelling on the side.
In the summer of 2006, she participated in the WWE Diva Search and made it to the finals. She was then signed a development contract with the WWE but assigned to Ohio Valley Wrestling.
- Ohio Valley Wrestling – She was the manager of bad company (2006 to 2007)
- Ohio Valley Wrestling – Roucka with Mike Kruel (2007 to 2008)
- Florida Championship Wrestling – Roucka (2008)
- World Wrestling Entertainment – Rosa Mendes the “Stalker-Fan” (2008 to 2009)
- World Wrestling Entertainment – Rosa Mendes the “Glamourella Intern” (2009)
- World Wrestling Entertainment – Diva Chaos at Wrestlemania 25 (2009)
- World Wrestling Entertainment – Rosa Mendes (2009 to 2010)
- World Wrestling Entertainment (RAW) – Zack Ryder and Rosa Mendes (2010)
- World Wrestling Entertainment – Rosa Mendes on SmackDown (2010 to 2011)
- World Wrestling Entertainment – Rosa Mendes the “Stunning Latina” (2011 to present)
Rosa Mendes Other Appearances
- In 2004, she acted in Costa Rican commercials for Trident, Lux and Chrysler.
- In 2005, she starred in a Bodog.com commercial.
- In 2005, she provided the voice for Isabel Diaz in the video game Need for Speed: Most Wanted.
- Starting in September of 2014, she became a main cast member of the television show Total Divas.
Rosa Mendes Championships and Accomplishments
Florida Championship Wrestling
– Queen of FCW (she won it once)
Ohio Valley Wrestling
– OVW Women’s Championship (she won it once)
Pro Wrestling Illustrated
– #43 of the best 50 female singles wrestler in 2008
World Wrestling Entertainment
– Slammy Award for the Best Use of Exercise Equipment (2010)
Wrestling Observer Newsletter
– Worst worked Match of the Year (2013)
Watch – Rosa Mendes’ muscle PUMPING workout!
Rosa Mendes Fitness Message
“Ever since I started eating better and hitting the gym more, I noticed amazing results, and my overall mood has improved dramatically,” the staunch fitness advocate told WWE.com of her renewed focus on strength-building and overall well-being. “Every time I’m in the gym, I feel happier.”