Why do you need a night cream?
The skin is affected during the day by a number of factors, including the weather, makeup, and dust. During the day, the skin works to protect you from damage, while at night it plays more of a repair and regeneration role. Night creams are generally designed to repair and renew the cells, as well as deeply hydrate the skin. The skin is more permeable during the nighttime, which allows night cream to absorb deeply into the skin.
Night cream is an essential part of your skin care routine, particularly as you age and there’s more damage. It’s important not to skip this key step.
Why use a high-quality cream?
All night creams are not alike. There are some products where it’s worth spending extra money on high quality, and night cream is one of them. Over the years, your skin incurs damage in the form of wrinkles, fine lines, puffy, dark eyes, crow’s feet, and other imperfections. It requires powerful ingredients to reverse this damage and leave your skin feeling and looking youthful. Cheaper substances won’t do the trick when it comes to your skin.
It’s also the case that different products and ingredients work differently for different individuals. That’s why you may find that you need to try more than one product before you find the right one. If you’re lucky, you’ll find the best product for you on the first try.
Typical Ingredients in Night Cream
- Niacinamide – This is a water-soluble vitamin called B3, which is known to greatly enhance the elasticity of the skin. This substance draws moisture, hydrating the skin and smoothing out lines and wrinkles. It can fade redness on the skin as well as discoloration areas, according to research studies. Niacinamide has the ability to even out skin tone.
- Hyaluronic Acid – This is a natural acid which is a humectant, meaning it has the ability to draw moisture. This makes it an ideal moisturizer, as well as an anti-aging agent which plumps up the skin and smooths out lines and wrinkles. According to recent research, it can also enhance the skin’s electricity
- Retinol – This is also known as Vitamin E, and it’s well-known as a powerful anti-aging substance. It’s filled with anti-oxidants which contribute to healing damage to the skin. The amazing anti-aging properties of retinol have been demonstrated in research.
- Carnitine – This is a compound derived from an amino acid. which is important in producing energy in the body. In terms of the skin, it prevents excess oil from building up on your face. It also builds moisture barrier which protects the skin, and it heals previous damage to the epidermis. Carnitine can liven up a dull or oily complexion, leaving it looking healthy and youthful. According to the National Institutes of Health, Carnitine is found in foods like red meat, fish, poultry, and milk.
- Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil – This is an extract from avocado, which is originally native to Mexico. This is an excellent moisturizer because it’s so rich in vitamins and moisture. It can also soothe and disinfects inflamed skin. Research shows the great benefits of this fruit extract to the skin.
If you haven’t started using a night cream yet, this could be the perfect time to add it to your skin care regimen. This is especially true if you’re getting older and already use other anti-aging products. A night cream will absorb deep into your skin and repair and renew the cells. Most night creams are also excellent moisturizers.
Below are some of the best night cream products on the market today, in our opinion.Our Top Night Cream ChoicesSuvodermQuick-Absorbing and Blend with All Skin Type*Minimize Fine Lines and Wrinkles*Enhance Skin Firmness and Elasticity*Quality of Ingredients*Fades Areas of Hyperpigmentation to Brightens*CLARINS Multi-Active Night CreamQuick-Absorbing and Blend with All Skin Type*Minimize Fine Lines and Wrinkles*Enhance Skin Firmness and Elasticity*Quality of Ingredients*Fades Areas of Hyperpigmentation to Brightens*LUMINESCE Advanced Night RepairQuick-Absorbing and Blend with All Skin Type*Minimize Fine Lines and Wrinkles*Enhance Skin Firmness and Elasticity*Quality of Ingredients*Fades Areas of Hyperpigmentation to Brightens*
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available informations and our estimation of efficacy.
*Result may vary. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purpose. No medical claims are implied in this content, and the information herein is not intended to be used for self diagnosis or self treatment of any condition.
*Disclosure of Material connection: Some of the links in the post above are “associate sales links.” This means if you can click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission. Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials.”