What are Neck Wrinkles?
Have you started noticing some folds or creases around your neck? Neck wrinkles are those grooves that become visible when you start from a mirror or like the ones you see among the aged population. At times they are saggy as an indication that the youthful age is not on your side. They are sometimes referred to as “Turkey neck”. They can be embarrassing to some people although they occur naturally in almost every person. In fact, you may find yourself wearing clothes or scuffs that cover up your neck to conceal these crumples that become apparent at some stage in your life.
What Are The Main Factors That Cause Neck Wrinkles?
A number of factors are to blame for the emergence of neck wrinkles which include:
- Age: signs that you are getting old are first expressed on your face and around your neck. Although there are a number of beauty products for avoiding wrinkles, most people usually ignore them until it is too late. The skin becomes thinner with age but the skin around your neck emerges visibly loose and wrinkles develop.
- Smoking: studies indicate that the toxins from cigarettes increase the skin aging process including around your neck.
- Weight Loss: sudden changes in weight deprive your skin’s collagen ability to “bounce back” giving rise to a saggy neck skin.
- Sun Exposure: failure to use a moisturizer around your neck will give you a hanging skin. Most people ignore applying an SPF sunscreen around their neck exposing it to UV light which accelerates wrinkles formation.
- Posing Poorly: slouching in your desk all day or sleeping with your head tilted towards your chest increases the chances of neck wrinkles.
When Do Neck Wrinkles Start?
There is no definite age when the neck wrinkles start to appear. It is a gradual process which is influenced by a number of factors including lifestyle. However, as younger as 35, you may start noticing some fine lines around your neck. This is more apparent if you don’t take good care of your skin especially around the neck. By the time you hit 40, the wrinkles become more visible. The innermost layer of your skin starts shrinking while the middle layers that consists of collagen gradually decrease together with the elastin fibers. At the age of 50, the wrinkles deepen and you get a saggy neck.
The Secret Of The Wrinkles On The Neck
As a preliminary, to spare yourself the humiliation of a wrinkled neck in the future, it is always advisable to start taking good care of it at an earlier age. What does this mean? Whenever you are applying that SPF moisturizer on your face, make sure that your neck skin gets the same treatment. To maintain a young-looking neck, regular but gentle exfoliation can do some magic. You can do this using a soft washcloth. Avoid slouching on your car, chair, or office desk. To wind it up, check your sleeping posture. Just avoid leaning too much towards your chest. Sleeping on your side in an upright position can spare you some wrinkles.
How To Overcome Neck Wrinkles?
- Choose Anti-Wrinkle Cream: Natural ingredients such as coenzyme Q10, retinol, and Cynergy are essential in the regeneration of collagen. To reap the best, apply regularly.
- Neck Exercise: Sit upright on a chair and tilt your neck backwards. Stare at the ceiling and start chewing movements for about 20 times. Do this at least twice daily to get rid of neck wrinkles.
- Healthy Diet: This will not only provide your skin with essential nutrients for rejuvenation but will also prevent you from putting on extra weight which is a preliminary for a wrinkled skin.
Read Next: Neck Wrinkles Causes
How To Use The Neck Band, In Order To Reduce The Appearance Of Wrinkles?
Use of the neckband is a noninvasive method that will reduce the appearance wrinkles around your neck. It is done using elastic band with a strong adhesive to pull and tighten neck skin, wrinkles within a short time. After removing it, the appearance of your neck returns back to normal and unharmed in the quest to look youthful. Use of a neckband can be quite difficult to hide if you have short hair. However, people with long hair can comfortably use it without necessarily getting noticed.
Does Your Neck Need Special Anti-Aging Attention?
This is rather obvious that your neck needs special anti-aging attention. Although a wrinkled neck marks that you are aging, looking attractive with a younger skin is something everyone would crave for. After all, there is no harm in taking good care of your neck. Wouldn’t it sound rather awkward being described as the woman with a “turkey neck” later in life? There are many solutions you can deploy to avert a wrinkled neck without having to dig deeper in to your pocket. These range from lifestyle changes, proper diet, exercise, anti-aging creams to use of neckbands.
Since the appearance of wrinkles around your face and neck is a sign that you are no longer young, it doesn’t have to be noticed by everyone. Don’t let your outward looks spell out your age to the world. Take every caution at your disposal to always look younger since it will boost your confidence and self-esteem. Instead of concealing your wrinkled neck by wearing tops that don’t match the occasion or season, take the initial step by ensuring that it’s taken good care of. You will never have to look yourself in the mirror and say, “gosh! I am getting old”.