What is Crepey Neck?
Crepey skin, or skin that is on your neck and is saggy, loose and wrinkled, is one of the many consequences of aging. The natural reduction* of your elastin and collagen in the skin in the neck will cause less support for the skin on the surface, and sagging results. Additionally, the problem is enhanced* by women who do not properly care for, or moisturize the skin that is on the neck. There is some good news, which is the fact that there are some exercises and treatments that can help to alleviate this problem and create youthful looking skin where crepey skin once resided.
What Causes Crepey Neck?
As a person ages, so does the texture of their skin. Aging can create a texture that is similar to crepe paper. There are several causes for this new skin texture, which include:
- Toxins which settle beneath the tissues directly on the surface of the skin.
- A decrease* in the amount of collagen that is present, which is responsible for holding connecting fibers and tissues together and prevent sagging of the skin.
- Redistribution of the fat beneath the skin, thin skin is more susceptible to the wrinkled appearance.
How to Improve* Crepey Neck Skin?
There are several steps that you can take to improve* the overall appearance of the skin, which include:
- Proper Hydration: You can avoid this issue by ensuring* that you drink plenty of water each day.
- Vitamins: Take the initiative to supplement your diet with vitamins E, C and A. Vitamin C provides a good source of antioxidants, which is great for cell rejuvenation.
- Proper Skin Care: Keep the skin clean but be sure not to overdo it. Too much cleansing may lead to the stripping of essential oils and more layers of the skin, which can lead to additional thinning.
- Sunscreen: You should use sunscreen each time you will be exposed to harmful UV rays.
How to Conceal a Crepey Neck?
When it comes to a crepey neck, the best method to conceal the problem is to wear a scarf, turtleneck or other clothing that will hide the neck area. Another method to conceal this area, if the problem is not severe, is to use makeup. Conceal or a loss powder may help to fill in the creases and wrinkles and conceal the problem. However, if you have a severe case of the crepey neck, you will likely only find concealing benefits from a turtleneck or scarf.
Home Remedies / Nutrition for Crepey Neck
One natural treatment for the crepey neck is to use a series of neck exercises. These exercises will strengthen the muscles under the skin and help it tighten and appear less crepe. Some other natural treatments that can help to cure* a crepey neck include the following:
- Create a mixture with tomato and cucumber to apply to the skin on the neck.
- Mash up avocado and place on the crepe-like skin on the neck.
Best Neck Cream for Crepey Skin
When it comes to an effective cream for the effective treatment of crepey neck skin, you should look for an anti-aging substance that has certain key ingredients. These are the ingredients that have been proven effective for any instances of crepey skin:
What Expert is Saying about Crepey Neck?
According to experts, a crepey neck can be the result of the natural aging process and enhanced* if it is in your genes. If your mother, father or any other family member had this problem, chances are you will as well. However, there are some preventative steps that can be taken to reduce* the chance that a crepey neck will occur. Using these methods, you will have much less likelihood of developing this particular problem.
How to Prevent Crepey Skin on Neck?
While the occurrence of crepey skin is undesirable, there are steps that you can take to prevent it from forming altogether. Some of these prevention steps include cleansing the skin properly, avoiding extended periods in the sun and moisturizing the skin properly. A good rule of thumb to maintain healthy neck skin is to cleanse and treat* it with products the same as you do your face.
Crepey skin is a common occurrence, especially as a person ages. The name was given due to the appearance of the skin; it looks like crepe paper. However, there are steps that can be taken to prevent the occurrence of crepey skin and reduce* or eliminate* it altogether.