MENOsmart Plus Overview
MENOsmart Plus is a menopause supplement that is meant to address the wide spectrum of physical complaints that can come from entering menopause, using a range of natural herbal compounds. The product comes in bottles of 120 capsules and asserts that they are vegetarian (animal-product free); the price point we were able to find was about $32.99, but prices may vary depending on what retailer you use.
Each of the herbal ingredients in MENOsmart Plus is intended to address one or another of the various symptoms and difficulties that come while passing through this natural period in life. Some are derived from herbal medicine and some are more recent discoveries. It comes in the form of capsules that are easily taken, and the manufacturer’s website provides you with guidance on how to take it safely in cooperation with various hormone support medications, too.
MENOsmart Plus Ingredient
The active ingredients of this product are listed on the makers’ website along with their functions, including the exact quantities used. The active ingredients are as follows:
- Black cohosh: A traditional herb used for gynaecological complaints in some native American medical traditions, it is included here to support mood and vaginal health.
- Sage Leaf: A whole-plant botanical included to help deal with excessive sweating.
- Dong Quai: A plant that helps address physical symptoms such as hot flashes and intermittent menstruation.
- Chaste Tree Berry: A product that indirectly and naturally stimulates a more wholesome hormone balance.
- Hesperidin: A flavonoid from citrus fruits that improves* vein and capillary function, reducing* bruising and helping with leg cramps.
MENOsmart Plus Pros
- Easily taken
- Contains all natural compounds
- Designed to be compatible with traditional/allopathic medical treatment for menopause symptoms
- Free from artificial colors, sweeteners, dairy, soy, shellfish, corn, wheat, yeast and gluten.
MENOsmart Plus Cons
- No clinical research is cited to support the claims for how this product functions, although many of the individual ingredients have traditional medicine usage.
- Requires you to take many capsules through the day
- No evidence is provided to support the claim that it can let you “wean off” hormone treatments
- The active ingredients of this product are all natural and vegan-friendly.
- It should be taken on a daily basis.
- It is not a replacement for healthy habits, and if you intend to use it to support “weaning off” of synthetic hormone treatments, you should do so very carefully.
There are no known side effects of this product when it is administered correctly. (Indeed, it is intended to help treat* them.) If you do experience negative reactions, be sure to stop use.
Take two capsules in the morning and two capsules in the evening before bed.
1. Can this product be used as a replacement for other hormonal treatments?
The manufacturers say this is so, although it should not be done casually, and they encourage you to do so in a very gradual way. A guide is posted on their website; in the interest of space we don’t duplicate it here.
2. Does this product contain any animal products?
None at all – not even yeast! It’s stated to be vegan-friendly.
MENOsmart Plus has an informative website and doesn’t conceal how the product is expected to work. Like many supplements it lacks clinical research to back up its claims, but it is at least forthright about the exact amount of ingredients inside of its formula, and encourages moderation and thoughtfulness in how you use it. While this is a breath of fresh air compared to products that make big promises, it still isn’t a substitute for research. Be sure to shop around for the menopause supplement that suits your own health and financial needs!
Fortunately, natural therapies for menopausal symptoms such as weight gain, hot flashes, night sweats, decreased libido, and mood swings are available. Since many women experience weight gain during menopause, many natural menopause supplements contain herbs and botanicals that support a healthy metabolism. Menopause supplements should be evaluated on proven ingredients, ability to reduce hot flashes and night sweats, ability to provide hormonal balance and boost libido and its overall value.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective menopause supplements on the market today, in our opinion.