You may not know, but when it comes to male fertility there are a lot of myths that are causing worries to the new fathers-to-be. Have you and your partner decided on enlarging your family? If you are reading this article then chances are that a low sperm count has gotten in that process. That sure can become a huge problem for you and your partner, but the thing is that you do not have to worry about it. As we take a new step towards resolving the well-known medical problems, luckily we have discovered a list of ways that can help you increase* your sperm count without the use of any medicine. Actually, we have found 20 ways that have proven* to be efficient when it comes to increasing* a man’s low sperm count. And we decided to share that list of ways with you! Remember, male fertility boosters could make a genuine difference in your sexual life.
A Few Quick Facts about Sperm Count
- The term “sperm counts” stands for the number or concentration of sperm that is present in a given sample.
- According to the WHO (World Health Organization), 20 million sperm per milliliter is considered to be a normal sperm count, meaning that the total number of sperm in a sample should be approximately 40 million.
- You can use an inexpensive, home test to determine your sperm count.
- Low sperm count does not mean that you cannot conceive! It simply means that it will take longer for you and your partner to conceive a baby.
- Low sperm count can be quickly resolved with a few simple yet natural ways.
The 20 Ways that Will Help You Increase* Your Sperm Count
1. Stop* Smoking
– Studies suggest that smoking not only does decrease* your sperm count but it also decreases* your sperm’s density, mobility, and morphology. If you plan on conceiving, you should reconsider quitting smoking.
2. Stop* using Marijuana
– Apart from smoking cigarettes, you should also reconsider quitting your recreational use of marijuana. Studies suggest that using marijuana more than one a week has resulted in decreasing* a man’s sperm count by 52%!
3. Consult your doctor about the medications that you might have been taking
– Studies suggest that certain medications – e.g. AABs, CCBs, and HAART medications might contribute to your low sperm count. Consult your doctor to find out more about this topic and discuss any further possible solutions.
4. Get rid of your stress
– Although studies suggest that stress has a small impact on your sperm count, why risk it? Try to relax more and get rid of any damage that the stress might have done.
5. Reconsider the way that you eat
– Obesity has been strongly linked with low sperm count and the inability to conceive. This and the many other risks that obesity brings in your life should be a reason enough to make you question your diet!
6. Watch where you put your laptop
– Surprisingly, a recent study showed that the common use of a wireless connected laptop put on the lap results in a decreased* sperm mobility and a decreased* male fertility. The results showed up after a sperm sample has been exposed for 4 hours to an ex vivo wireless internet connected laptop!
7. Limit your alcohol intake
– Recently alcohol has been linked to a lower sperm count and mobility.
8. Stay away from your TV
– Watching TV more than 5 hours a week has shown to decrease* the sperm count for 44% as compared with men who either watch TV less* than 5 hours a week or do not watch at all.
9. Stay away from your hot tub as well
– According to a study published in the International Brazilian Journal of Urology, staying away from a hot tub has resulted in increasing* a man’s sperm count for 491%!
10. It is all about exercising
– Regular physical activity has been linked to increased testosterone levels and improved* sperm quality! However, you should reconsider the time that you spend at the gym because too much exercising can lead to the opposite effects and reduce* your testosterone levels.
11. Reconsider finding a new form of exercising as a replacement for bicycling
– Bicycling for more than 5 hours a week has been linked to a decreased* sperm count and mobility.
12. Start taking D-Aspartic acid supplements
– It is considered that D-Aspartic acid is implicated in male fertility. And this was actually proven* when a recent study confirmed that D-Aspartic acid is lower in infertile men as compared with fertile men. This is why you should consult your doctor about the use of D-Aspartic acid supplements.
13. Include more Vitamin C in your diet
– Vitamin C has been shown to improve* the sperm’s quality, mobility, and concertation!
14. Do not forget about Vitamin D
– Since Vitamin D deficiency has been shown to lower the testosterone levels, it is considered that taking Vitamin D supplements can increase* these levels and with that improve* sperm’s quality.
15. Make sure that you are taking enough Zinc through your diet
– Zinc is yet another nutrient that has been shown to play a big role in a man’s reproductive health. Oral supplements of Zinc have successfully increased the sperm’s quality and count.
16. Get enough folate
– Studies also indicate that folate deficiency is linked to low testosterone levels and sperm quality.
17. Make sure you get enough sleep
– Restricted or excessive sleep may impair your sperm’s quality! Make sure that you spend at least 6 to 8 hours sleeping each day!
18. Avoid eating too much soy
– You may love eating soy, but you should seriously reconsider it as recent studies show that the isoflavone, which soy is consisted of, is linked to poor sperm quality.
19. Limit your caffeine intake
– Drinking caffeine in excessive amounts has been suspected to decrease* a man’s reproductive health and especially sperm quality.
20. Eat more red colored foods
– Include more tomatoes, strawberries, peppers and cherries in your diet to get more Lycopene from them! Lycopene is an efficient antioxidant but while it strengthens your immune system, it also improves* your sperm’s mobility, concentration, and morphology!
Top 11 natural supplements for boosting male fertility
Which is the best vitamin to boost* male fertility?
When it comes to boosting male fertility, vitamin D3 stands at the top of the list. This is because it is capable of regulating the production of testosterone levels, boosting the libido and reducing* the risk of erectile dysfunction at the same time. Vitamin D3 has been known to ensure an excellent state of sexual health, especially with regard to sperm quality and motility.
Which food increases* the sperm count?
There are many different foods you can consider, in order to increase* the overall sperm count. In fact, there are quite a lot of foods which are eaten because of their ability to increase* a person’s libido; they are excellent when it comes to boosting male fertility. Among the most recommended foods, there are: oysters, dark chocolate, garlic, bananas, broccoli, asparagus, walnuts and ginseng.
What increases* sperm count fast?
Apart from including the above-mentioned foods in your diet, when it comes to boosting male fertility, there are a number of things you can try. For example, you can take supplements, as these are meant to increase* the production of sex hormones and increase* fertility at the same time. You can also engage in regular physical exercise, increase* your intake of vitamin C and resort to natural remedies, such as medicinal herbs (Tribulus terrestris, fenugreek, Maca root etc.).
These are the top 11 natural supplements for boosting male fertility:
As the numbers of active sexual partners who are dealing with infertility are growing with each day passed, it is time to take things in our hands and do something about our reproductive health. If you though that there is nothing that you can do, you are wrong! This is exactly why we presented these 20 ways that you can use to improve* your sperm’s mobility, concentration, and morphology in no time! All that it requires is for you to improve* your diet, exercising routine and take on some new healthy habits as you let go of those old unhealthy ones! Do not hesitate to make a change! And, keep in mind, you always have the option of using male fertility boosters – these can help you enjoy a sexual satisfying experience whenever you might want.