Lots of men had some moments in their lives wherein they just don’t feel like they are interested in engaging in any sexual interaction at all. And you are not alone! Some might even notice that their sexual urge are not as great as it was before.
If you found these small signs happening to you, you are probably suffering from a low testosterone level. This simple issue affects your health as a whole. But worry no more- check out these 13 best ways to boost testosterone levels naturally.
1. Watch what you are eating
Every food that you consume will create an impact on your health- especially on your testosterone level. Including at least 40% of healthy fats (monosaturated, polyunsaturated, and saturated fats) in your diet is a great move to increase testosterone levels.
In fact, a research revealed that consuming less healthy fats will decrease your testosterone levels. To avoid low testosterone levels, consider eating the foods or adding the following ingredients in your diet:
- Raw nuts (walnuts, pecans, and almonds)
- Coconut oil
- Olive oil
- Grass-fed meats
- Egg yolk
- Dark chocolate
2. Try some supplements
Some might consider taking supplements to enhance your testosterone level is “unnatural”. However, there are several male enhancement supplements out there that are made of 100% safe and natural substances.
These certain supplements will help you bring back your sex drive and return the balance in your hormones. Also, they can enhance your sperm count, so your testosterone levels will gradually increase.
3. Intensify your exercise
Exercising is a well-known way to boost your testosterone levels. However, your daily routine might not be enough to solve your testosterone problem. To combat that, just amplify your usual exercise by intensifying it. A short, but intensive exercise is proven to be effective for your testosterone. Try this simple routine:
- For at least three minutes, loosen up yourself.
- For the next 30 seconds, exercise at your peak.
- For the next 90 seconds, recuperate by slowing down a bit.
- Repeat the process for at least seven times.
Some of you may still have this question in your minds: Which exercises boost testosterone? While not every exercise that you are already doing is effective, here are some exercise that you should consider:
- Bench presses
- Olympic lifts
4. Control your alcohol level
If you are looking for a quality time with your family or friends, then drinking alcohol might be a good choice to stay and talk to each other for a while. However, too much alcohol in your body will decrease your testosterone levels.
- Take note of this: the higher your alcohol intake is, the lower your level of testosterone would be.
- Limit your alcohol intake to less than two glasses per day.
5. Bid farewell to sugars
Your sugar intake is the one responsible for your insulin levels. If you take too much sugar (or any variant of sugar) will create a negative impact on your testosterone level. Take note that these include all types of sugar because when they are converted, they also give a high level of glucose, affecting your blood and eventually reducing your testosterone level.
- Avoid sodas, powdered juice, pasta, bread and other sugar-rich foods.
- It is not advised to completely remove sugar from your diet as this will pose another risk. Instead, just lessen consuming sugar-containing products.
6. Shed excess weight
Being obese affects your testosterone levels. Simply put, shedding excess weight in your body will naturally increase testosterone levels. Here are some information base from a study conducted by the Endocrine Society in 2012 regarding the relation of obesity and low testosterone levels:
- Having excess fat in your body will result to low testosterone as your body fat naturally transforms your testosterone to estradiol.
- In reverse, having low testosterone will result in gaining excess fats if it is not properly addressed.
7. Be exposed to sunlight
Most of you would tilt your head with this idea. However, you should not avoid the sun permanently! Doing so will leave a great impact on your testosterone level. For 15 minutes of exposure to the sun, you will get a sufficient supply of vitamin D in your body- and it will keep you from low testosterone levels.
In fact, one study revealed that those men who have the lowest amount of vitamin D in their body also have lower testosterone levels. However, those who have a greater amount of vitamin D have higher testosterone levels.
8. Get a sound sleep
What most people are not usually aware of when it comes to testosterone levels is the massive impact of sleep deprivation. Base from a study conducted by the University of Chicago Medical Center, lack of sleep will cause your testosterone level to gradually decrease. To get a quality and sound sleep, here are some tips that you should consider:
- Get 7-8 hours of sleep each day.
- Drink enough amount of water to keep yourself hydrated.
- If it feels so dry in your room, try using a humidifier.
- Never look into screens with bright light before sleeping.
- Never smoke or drink alcoholic beverages excessively.
9. Consume fewer soy products
If you love soy products, then its’ time to say goodbye because these products will bring your testosterone levels down. It contains phytoestrogens- a compound that is akin to estrogen that our body creates.
- To naturally increase testosterone levels, be wary of soy in any product that you will consume.
- By lessening soy intake, you are actually boosting your sex drive at the same time.
10. Don’t stress yourself
With the great demand in our current society, avoiding stress is a difficult thing to do. And stress affects your overall health- including your testosterone level! If you are stressed, your body will produce more cortisol, making you lose more muscle mass. As a result, you will gain excess fats and your testosterone level will decrease.
Although it is almost impossible to permanently avoid stress, you can actually make some action to reduce stress and naturally increase testosterone levels! Here are some tips to bring your stress level to the ground:
- Indulge in recreational activities.
- Spend quality time together with your family or friends.
- Try a new sport.
- Enroll in a yoga class (or do some at home!).
11. Fight the inflammation
A simple inflammation can lead to other health risks such as asthma, arthritis, Crohn’s disease and much more. It can even lead to erectile dysfunction, which will eventually damage your testosterone level significantly.
To boost testosterone levels naturally, you should fight the inflammation. You can treat it using a ginger and white willow. Also, you might want to consider visiting a medical professional for proper medications.
12. Add zinc in your body
Some of you might be asking, “How can I get more, free testosterone?” You can actually get by adding nutrients to your body. One of the best nutrients that works your testosterone completely is zinc.
A study was conducted involving four guys who were put on a strict diet with foods that do not have any zinc in it. As a result, they showed a significant decrease in their testosterone levels.
- By taking zinc, you can increase testosterone levelsin less than six weeks.
- Consume meat and fish to get more zinc.
- It is advised to consume 40mg of zinc per day.
13. Have some sexual interaction
There is no other better way to enhance the level of your testosterone rather than having sex! Being involved in a sexual interaction great way to improve the level of your testosterone instead of just watching it.
In fact, one research revealed that the less you interact in any sexual activity, the lower your testosterone levels would be. Also, men who simply watch sexual activity instead of participating showed 40% less growth in their testosterone level.
In our current society, it is really hard to avoid several harmful factors that can affect our health- and testosterone levels are no exception to that. You can check Viril X Review one of the Testo booster that can help you to boost testosterone levels. But with the proper knowledge and understanding of your body, you can find an effective way to boost testosterone levels naturally.
You can intensify your exercise routine, have some sexual interaction, take some supplements, control your alcohol level, consume more zinc, get sound sleep, fight any inflammation, be exposed to sunlight, and much more. You just need to take a closer look at what is happening in your body or visit a doctor to get professional advice.