With all of the stresses of modern life, it is not only advanced age that causes declines in males’ sexual performances. While age certainly is a factor, anxiety and physical health conditions can also be to blame and, judging from the amount of media attention that this subject is receiving, the problem seems to be far more prevalent than ever before. Obviously, most men will do whatever they can to regain their youthful vigor and sexual energy, which is one of the major reasons that there are so many male performance products that are now available on the market. For men who suffer from extreme sexual decline, it is wise to seek professional medical advice but for many, the condition may be helped by supplementing their diets with naturally-sourced beneficial nutrients.
Before looking at all of the various options that are available, it is important for the consumer to understand exactly how the erection process takes place and which ingredients are helpful in addressing specific problems. For any good supplement to work well, it must contain substances that support the overall blood flow to the penile area. The penis is comprised of three main chambers which consist of sponge-like tissues. During an erection, these chambers: the Corpora Cavernosa, along the penis shaft and the Corpus Spongiosum that runs down the urethra, are filled with blood that rushes to the area during sexual arousement. The fuller the chambers are, the firmer and stiffer the penis will become and the longer the erection can be sustained. This, of course, is likely to result in sexual pleasure for both partners.
But which ingredients should be included in a good male performance supplement and how does a consumer know which ones have been proved to work? While many performance formulas are natural, not all of them contain clinically tested ingredients and for this reason, many consumers spend a lot of money on products that ultimately just don’t work.
However, there are certain ingredients, including the following, that have been tested, both in scientific and consumer studies: Prosexual nutrients: these are found in all reputable male performance products and consist of certain amino acids that may decline as the male ages;
- Maca Powder: this substance is often labeled as being a “superfood” and is a very popular ingredient that is regularly used to support a healthy libido.
- Herba Rowdy Weed: this is an ancient ingredient that has been used by men for centuries as a way to deal with age-related sexual issues
- Caltrops: another very popular substance, Caltrops is linked to male hormonal levels and benefits can be obtained when it is combined with Prosexual Nutrients
- Zinc: although this can be found naturally in certain foods, some men require that additional amounts be added their diets
- Rhizoma Cucurmae Longae: this can be used as a way to support the aging male libido
- Eurycoma Longifolia: this is a natural tonic for decreased sexual function that is due to the aging process
- Tongkat Ali: another ingredient that men have used for centuries, as a way to support sexual activity
- Saw Palmetto: not strictly an ingredient that benefits the erection, Saw Palmetto is often added to men’s supplements for its benefits of prostate health
- Astragalus Membranaceus: used to support overall health levels and to affect vitality and well-being
- Herba Cistanches: found specifically in Chinese sexual tonics.
We know that the number of male performance products on the market is growing every day. This can turn choosing the right supplement into a daunting process. There are some products that are all “hype”, some that have only minimal benefits, and a select few gems that may indeed be beneficial, containing effective ingredients in optimal concentrations and truly supporting male sexual health. To make finding the latter category of product less of a challenge, we have analyzed many supplements to find those that may help with declining sexual health due to aging and decreases in males’ libidos. By doing so, we have helped to simplify the selection process for male performance supplements. Ultimately, we have determined the bottom-line value of each product.
With countless male enhancement supplements available on the market today it seems impossible to find "the right one." Sexual performance declines naturally as men age, which may contribute to feelings of inadequacy or embarrassment. Male enhancement supplements should be based on four key factors: active ingredients, ability to support sexual stamina, enhance arousal, improved* sexual desire and backed by clinical studies.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective male enhancement supplements on the market today, in our opinion.
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available information and our estimation of efficacy.
*Result may vary. If you have a serious medical condition, or have a history of heart conditions we suggest consulting with a physician before using any supplement. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purpose only. It is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease and should not be relied upon as a medical advice. Always consult your doctor before using any supplements.
*Disclosure of Material connection: Some of the links in the post above are “associate sales links.” This means if you can click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission. Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials.”