Updated: Sep-17-2020Advertising Disclosure ?
Makeup Products: A Must In Your Beauty Arsenal
The use of makeup started centuries ago, and it started as some coloring on the face or some other part of the body. As people grow to be more self-conscious, makeup products have become very popular not just among women but in men as well. By improving one's appearance, they help boost confidence and self-esteem (source).
With their increasing popularity, it is important to know more about these products, especially if they play a great role in your everyday life.
What are Makeup Products?
Makeup products pertain to cosmetic products or substances applied to alter or enhance one's appearance. They are made up of ingredients derived from natural sources or artificially created in a laboratory. The term "makeup" comprise a wide variety of products which include (but not limited to) primers, foundations, powders, concealers, eye shadows, eye liners, mascaras, blushes, bronzers, lipsticks, lip liners, and many more.
Take note that although makeup products alter one's appearance, the FDA stressed that they must not affect or alter body structure and/or functions.
Here's The Real Reason Women Buy Makeup Products
As previously mentioned, makeup products are intended to alter the appearance and increase the attractiveness of the person who applied them. Different products have their respective uses:
- Primers - Oftentimes referred to as pore minimizers, their main function is to reduce the appearance of pores and prevent them from being clogged by other makeup products. Applied throughout the face before foundations, concealers, and eye makeups, they allow these products to glide smoothly over the skin. Furthermore, they also ensure that the other makeup products will last longer.
- Foundations - Sold as powder, cream, liquid, or mousse, these products make the face appear smoother and more even-toned. They can be light, medium, or heavy coverage, as well as oil- or water-based.
- Concealers - These are used to cover acne/pimples, acne scars, dark spots, undereye circles, and other imperfections on the skin. They come in thicker consistency than foundations to provide extra coverage and create a clear, smooth base for the rest of the makeup. They may also brighten up the skin.
- Loose and Compact Powders - The face powders set the foundation and concealer in place, making them last longer. It also gives the face a more matte finish, as well as help conceal some blemishes. It can be worn alone for a more natural look.
- Blushes - Gives color to the cheeks and also highlight the cheekbones. Like foundations, they come in various forms. They are also available in different colors to make them suitable for different skin tones.
- Eye Products - These products includes eyebrow pencils, eyeliners, eye shadows, and mascaras. They work to enhance the appearance of the eyes by making them bigger or smaller, more elongated, and overall more dramatic. Aside from drawing attention to the eyes, they may also help brighten up the face.
- Lip Products - These include lipsticks, glosses, liners, balms, plumpers, boosters, butters, and many others. They are used to add color, shine, and texture to the lips. Some products, like balms and plumpers, have the added benefits of moisturizing and volumizing.