Dark lips are a problem faced by many people these days. Dark and dry lips can make your face look dull and can reduce your overall beauty. You can also face problems of premature aging in the form of lip wrinkles or lines.
Moreover, dry lips can lead to chapped and cracked lips that look negatively affect your overall facial beauty.
How Can I Improve My Lip Color?
Taking excessive tea and coffee, exposure to sunlight, dryness caused by extreme weather, smoking, your habit of licking your lips and using lip products of cheap brands are a few of the causes of dark lips, which require proper treatment to fade away. There are a number of remedies that you can try out to improve your lip color.
- A simple tip is to keep your lips moisturized at all times. You can do this either by applying olive oil or you can keep your lips hydrated by improving your diet. The best way to keep them hydrated is by taking a lot of water; this will enhance the color of your lips.
- Massage your lips with olive oil every night before going to sleep. This will improve the blood flow in your lips and make them naturally red.
- An important tip for those who have frequent exposure to sunlight is to start wearing a lipstick that contains sunscreen and vitamin-E. Sunscreen will prevent additional damage to your lips while vitamin-E will cause regeneration of cells.
How Do I Get Rid Of Dark Lips?
Apart from massaging your lips with natural oils and preventing exposure to sunlight, there are several home remedies, which can help you to remove dark spots from your lips.
- Scrubbing your lips with the help of a toothbrush can be a great way to cure dark lips. However, make sure to scrub gently and only for a short duration. You can also leave toothpaste on your lips for two to three minutes, which will exfoliate your lips.
- Lemon is a great ingredient to remove dark spots from the skin. You can add a few drops of lemon to olive or almond oil and gently rub it on your lips each night.
- Always make sure to remove any lipstick from your lips before you sleep. Lipstick left overnight is a major cause of darkening of the lips.
- Before you purchase any lip product, go through its ingredients and buy the one which has more natural ingredients. Lip products with artificial ingredients can make your lips look good for a short while, but in the long run they can turn your lips dark and dry.
- Honey and lemon also make a great paste for your lips. Leave a layer of this paste on your lips for about ten minutes and then rinse with warm water.
Tips For Red Beautiful Lips
You can easily get rosy lips with the help of a few simple techniques.
- Exfoliation is the best way to stimulate blood flow in your lips and give a plump effect to them. You do not need to purchase a lip exfoliator; you can simply use lemon and sugar. Add a few grains of sugar on a slice of lemon and rub it on your lips for a few minutes. This remedy will improve the color of your lips by removing dead skin cells.
- As mentioned above, massaging your lips with oils, such as almonds and castor oil will make your lips smooth and moist.
- A slightly complicated way is to use rose petals. Add a few petals to a little milk and make a paste. Then add a few drops of glycerin and honey in it and apply it on your lips. Leave this paste on for about ten minutes and rinse with lukewarm water.
- Fruit juices are another great way to obtain red lips. You can convert fruits like berries, tomatoes, oranges and pomegranate into a paste and apply it on your lips. The vitamins and minerals in these fruits will improve your lip color by acting as anti-oxidants.
How To Lighten Dark Lip Color Using Natural Plumper?
Lip plumpers are products, which make your lips plump and full. Although, lip plumpers are easily available at cosmetic shops, you can make one at home as well. Natural plumpers include peppermint oil and cinnamon.
A simple technique is to add some coconut oil to peppermint oil and rub it on your lips for a few minutes. After the mixture has been absorbed, you can simply apply lipstick or lip gloss on your lips. The peppermint oil will naturally give your lips a plump effect.
Another natural treatment is to apply Vaseline on your lips and then put ground cinnamon on it. The cinnamon will create a tingling sensation for a few minutes and will increase blood flow to your lips, making your lips appear red and rosy.