What do You Think of Full Lips?
Facial beauty means much more to women than to men. And when it comes to facial beauty, your lips are one of the most prominent features. That is why your lips’ freshness and youthfulness do a lot to make your look younger and beautiful; and when these lips are full, luscious and plump, they become sexier and more attractive.
So, what exactly are full lips? Full lips are lips, which look a little inflated; having a plump and fuller look they are desired by almost every woman alive. But, unfortunately, not everyone has fuller lips; some of the women out there can’t pout like Angelina Jolie because of their thin lips.
So read on to know a bit about full lip and get to know the ways that will help you get them.
Full Lips Attractive or Not?
Pouty and full lips have become a symbol of beauty these days. That is why so many women and celebrities spend fortunes to get their lips look like Angelina Jolie or Megan Fox.
But, there is a catch, if you don’t take care of your fuller plumper lips, they can become dry and cracked and the pout you are so proud of can look extremely unattractive. Therefore, full lips will only look attractive if they are smooth, soft and healthy looking.
Are Full Lips Attractive on Men?
Although criteria of beauty in men is very different than in women but, lips are a dominant feature of the face in both, so whether it is a man or a woman, young and fresh looking lips always catch your eye. However, full lips may not be considered a sign of macho personality or masculinity in men. They can work in some cases, but mostly women consider slightly thinner lips as sexy in men – not many like to see a man pout.
Comparison Between Full Lips and Thin Lips
Facial beauty is greatly reliant on the type of lips one has. Features have to be prominent to get a person noticed and remembered. Research says lips say a lot about your personality. As harsh as it sounds, fuller lips symbolize sexiness and are thought to be feminine.
That is why most of the women with thin lips do whatever they can to get that plump look. Thin lips are also slightly less expressive as compared to fuller lips. However, no matter what kind of lips you have, you must look after them otherwise, thin or plump, they will look bad with cracks and dryness.
What is the Difference Between Full Lips and Big Lips?
A lot of people think that full lips are the same as big lips – no they are not the same. Telling someone that they have big lips might not be a compliment.
Big lips means wider lips, lips that might look inappropriately big on someone’s face. Whereas fuller lips are proportionate and do not look over sized.
How to get full lips without plastic surgery
Every woman wants fuller lips; some even go as far as getting plastic surgery to get them. Plastic surgery is not an easy way. It is expensive, painful and does not look too real.
The good news is that you can get fuller lips without going under the knife. There are many ways through which you can achieve that fuller looking lips; these ways give you results that look natural, are affordable and do not come with dangerous side effects. Some of them are mentioned below.
Your skin is continuously making new cells replacing the old dead ones. Exfoliation is basically a method of scrubbing off that dry and chapped skin from the surface of your body to bring out smooth fresh skin from underneath. This can be done by physically scrubbing your skin with your fingers. And this is how you do it;
- Make a mixture of few healthy ingredients such as sugar and olive or honey, water and baking soda, petroleum jelly
- Apply the mixture on your lips in a circular motion for a few minutes
- Rinse the mixture off your lips gently
- Finish off by applying petroleum jelly to keep your lips hydrated
- Repeat this exercise every day and you are sure to get smooth shiny fuller lips
You can also buy cosmetic products made specifically for exfoliation of lips.
2. Natural Lip Plumper:
Lip plumpers are cosmetic products that contain natural ingredients, which stimulate lips and make them fuller and plumper. These products intentionally and mildly irritate the skin of your lips to make them swollen slightly and appear to be fuller.
Ingredients used in these products are cinnamon, ginger mint, wintergreen, or capsaicin (component of fiery hot peppers). These irritants increase* the flow of blood to your lips, making them plumper.
3. Niacin or Vitamin B3:
Niacin or vitamin b3 is one of the key ingredients of lip plumpers. You can also find it separately in liquid form. They cause the blood capillaries in the lips to expand in size.
Capillaries are naturally so small that at a time only one blood cell passes through them, but niacin increases* their size allowing a larger number of blood cells to flow through at a time. This increases* the blood flow to your lips and plumps them in only a few minutes.
4. Makeup for Getting Full Lips:
Here are a few makeup tips and tricks to get you the pout in only a few minutes. You will need a lip liner and two lipsticks, lighter darker shade of same colour preferably with matte finish, and a lip gloss.
- Choose a lip liner one shade darker than your lipstick. Apply it on the outline of your lips and don’t go outside the outline to avoid giving yourself a fake look
- Now smudge the outline a little with your fingers towards the inside of you lips
- Apply the lighter shade lipstick moving it towards the centre of your lips. Don’t blend it in completely with the lip liner
- Now apply the lightest shade lipstick on the inner most part of your lips next to the inside of the mouth
- Blend all the shades with a Q-tip or a small lip brush, but let the gradual decrease* of shades be clear, that is darkest on the outside and going lighter towards the inside of the mouth
- Now finally use a shimmery clear gloss focusing mostly on the centre peaks of your lips, this way the reflection of light will make them appear fuller
Another way is to dab a little beige coloured eye shadow on the outer edge of your upper lip and in the dimple between your nose and lips, to give your lips a fuller look.
Best Way to Get Full Lips Naturally
You might not know, but you have everything you need, to plump up your lips, at your home. Let’s see how you can get the fuller look without the fancy cosmetics;
- Brushing: Use a clean soft brush to rub on your lips gently to remove* any chapped skin and increase* the flow of blood in the lips. You can use petroleum jelly to keep them smooth and protected
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon is thought to be of great help in plumping your lips. They produce a stinging sensation on the skin of your lips causing them to swell and appear fuller. However, it is advised to consult a skin specialist before proceeding with this technique
- Keep Them Moisturized: Dry lips are never a pleasant sight. So keep your lips properly moisturized by regular using petroleum jelly and good quality makeup with moisturizing ingredients
It is a fact that fuller lips make women attractive. Sadly, everyone is not blessed with pouty lips, but fortunately you have many ways to get fuller lips. The best thing is to go for natural ways of plumping your lips up, because methods like surgeries can have serious side effects and might not give you the results you want.