According to the American Chiropractic Association, lower back pain is the single leading cause of disability across the world. It is known as the most common reason for missed work among millions of people and actually one of the major reasons for people visiting doctors.
At least half of Americans each year admit having back pain symptoms and that more than 80% of the population experience back pain at some point in their lives. More than $50 billion is actually spent yearly in resolving back pain problems in the US alone!
That’s why lately many patients decided to try different exercises for lower back pain relief, and the results were stunning.
While many people believe this problem will resolve itself without treatment, many people are reported experiencing back pain at least 12 months after the initial incident.
People also ask
A recent study that was conducted within Germany found that over 57.8% of the population seems to suffer from regular joint and musculoskeletal pain, as well as other accompanying symptoms.https://www.consumerhealthdigest.com/joint-pain/best-glucosamine-supplements.html
In some cases joint pain comes and goes, while in others it is more persistent, depending on the underlying cause. Regardless of the reason, this type of pain affects your mobility and overall quality of life. If you’re experiencing joint pain, you’re among millions of people who struggle with the same issue.https://www.consumerhealthdigest.com/joint-pain/top-rated-joint-pain-relief-products.html
Flexoplex is a joint pain supplement that is promised to protect, strengthen, and improve* the range of motion for joints. Formulated with all natural ingredients, Flexoplex is sold through an official product website that offers comprehensive information on this supplement.https://www.consumerhealthdigest.com/joint-pain-product-reviews/flexoplex.html
Back pain is a common problem, and most of us have experienced it (or will do so) at one point or another. Sometimes pain in your back comes and goes away easily, but in other instances it is persistent.https://www.consumerhealthdigest.com/joint-pain/back-pain.html
As we grow older, our bones naturally weaken. Even if you are eating healthy foods or doing regular exercise, you are still vulnerable to several bone-related problems. A usual complain that most of you are already suffering is joint pain, or let us be more specific: arthritis.https://www.consumerhealthdigest.com/joint-pain/arthritis-diet-foods.html
Omega XL is manufactured by the company Great Healthworks and is a brand of a supplement designed to help alleviate joint pain and inflammation. It is sold through the company’s website. The information is presented to the consumer in a succinct and straightforward manner and the website also offers a video describing how the product is made.https://www.consumerhealthdigest.com/joint-pain-product-reviews/omega-xl-reviews.html
Joint pain is most often a result of diseases such as osteoarthritis (OA), rheumatoid arthritis (RA), and other conditions affecting the joints. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), approximately 22,7% of people in the U.S. were told by a doctor to have some form of arthritis.https://www.consumerhealthdigest.com/joint-pain/best-joint-pain-supplements.html
In fact, many people suffering back pain fail to get lasting relief from back pain, even after seeking medical help from doctors who normally prescribe specific drugs such as Acetaminophen.
Prevention Is Better Than Cure*
There are many risk factors for lower back pain including advanced age, excessive body weight, lack of exercise or living a sedentary lifestyle, poor body posture, smoking, pregnancy and occupational hazards among others.
Keenly looking at the various risk factors mentioned, you can realize that most of them will respond to a program of effective strengthening exercises and stretches that change the way you use your back and improve* neuromuscular connections.
In short, exercises can immensely help in lowering the risk of having another back pain episode. However, if the joint pain persist for so long then you might consider Instaflex Review.
What Kind Of Exercise Is Good For Lower Back Pain?
Musculoskeletal strengthening of the lumbar and cervical extensors has been proved to help in significantly reducing* back pain. This is a clear indication that safe exercises are good for chronic back pain relief.
The following are some of the most effective exercises for lower back pain relief;
1. Cat Pose
This is a common type of yoga pose that is quite effective in providing relief for lower back pain. In case you are experiencing any form of tension or strain in your back, this exercise can be incredibly beneficial.
The exercise helps in eliminating stress as well as stretching the back and neck gently massaging the spine and abdominal area.
- On all fours and knees directly below the hips, have your shoulders and wrists in line, with the head in a neutral position as you gaze at the floor.
- In this position, round your back up towards the sky and hold the pose for around 10 minutes while controlling your breath.
- Take deep breaths then come back to the original position as you repeat the same procedure at least 10 times
2. Hip Extension
This exercise is crucial in strengthening core muscles around the lower back and the buttocks. This can be done with only your body weight or choose specific ankle weight to increase* the intensity of the exercise so as to help build muscle strength faster.
In case you have lower back pain as a result of an injury, it is advisable to keep off the weights.
- Go done on all fours
- Position your neck in a straight line parallel to the floor such that you can look down at the floor without rounding the spine
- Slowly bring one of your legs towards the chest, rounding your spine at the same time and tilting your head towards the floor
- Tilt the head upwards and extend the other leg back and behind you such that the leg is parallel to the floor
- Hold in the same position for a few seconds before returning to the original position and exchanging the legs.
- Repeat the exercise at least five times on both legs, and you will be good to go.
3. Reclining Double Leg Twist
This is another essential lower back pain treatment exercise under yoga classes that is crucial in stretching your lower back and abdominal area. This is probably the best exercise for lower back pain relief especially after spending several hours on your office chair.
This pose works by boosting blood circulation which in turn plays a crucial role in providing the necessary relief.
- Lie down on your back and get your knees bent with your feet flat on the floor
- Put both legs together and try to slowly lower them to one side of the body
- While doing this, have both your arms spread out and flat on the ground
- Turn your head to look in the opposite direction of your legs
- Hold on to this position for at least 10 seconds before returning to the original position and repeating on the other side. Repeat this as many times as you are comfortable
While performing this exercise, you may decide to use a yoga mat to provide better padding and support on your body. A towel or blanket may also be useful in supporting your upper arms.
4. Pelvic Lift
Among the many known exercises for back pain relief, then pelvic lift comes up among the best. It helps in strengthening the lower back and minimizing pain easily.
The good thing is that it mainly focuses on the lower torso, unlike the bridge exercise that is also common and effective. By the end of the exercise, the body will be more flexible, and free of pain.
- Lie on your back, knees bent and feet flat on the ground.
- Place your arms flat on the floor too along your sides
- Slowly tilt your pelvis and buttocks off the ground
- Push upwards as much as you can without straining the lower back or feeling pain
- Hold in this position for a few seconds like 10 before lowering your buttocks back to the floor
- Repeat the same procedure at least five times
5. Crunch And Reach
Crunches are crucial in stretching the lower back thus relieving the lower back pain. The exercises also help in strengthening the abdominal muscles.
Incorporating a reach into the movement makes the crunches more effective since it helps to extend the back so as to engage the abdominal muscles deeper.
- Lie down on your back with the legs in the air and knees bent at an angle of 90 degrees.
- Lift your head and shoulders into a crunch.
- During this time, also extend your arms forward as much as you can.
- Move your arms straight back and extend the legs simultaneously with the arms next to your ears and legs in a straight position.
- Return to the starting position and repeat the same a couple of times.
6. Alternative Lunges
Lower back pain treatment exercises like alternative lunges are perfect in strengthening your lower back, hips, thighs, and buttocks. Remember, building a strong core, and lower body can help you to prevent lower back pain as they improve* the muscle tone.
In performing this exercise, dumbbells are needed, so you need to choose a weight that matches your fitness level.
- Start with your feet four feet apart in a staggered position
- Put your right foot forward and place the dumbbell on the floor to the left of the forward foot.
- In this position tighten your abdominal muscles as you bend both knees bringing them into a lunge
- With your back in a flat position, reach forward to pick the dumbbell using your left hand then return to the starting position.
- Have the dumbbell in the right hand then turn your toes and face the opposite direction.
- Lunge with the left leg while maintaining the back in a flat position.
- Bend to place the dumbbell on the ground, to the right side of your left forward foot.
- Go back to the starting position and repeat the procedure at least five times for each.
- In case you don’t have the dumbbells, you can do it supporting your body weight
Can I Exercise With Lower Back Pain?
Many victims of lower back pain shy away from exercises believing that they will aggravate the pain. Well, this common fallacy is not true if only you choose the right exercises for lower back pain relief.
Keep away from such exercises as toe touches, sit-ups, leg lifts and many others that may worsen the situation. Of course, exercises have been proven to be perfect in minimizing and getting rid of the lower back pain.
Back pain can be quite debilitating if necessary intervention is not taken into consideration. While there are many treatment options for lower back pain, doing the right exercises for lower back pain relief can prove to be quite effective in easily minimizing and even getting rid of the problem.
The discussed exercises are just but some of the effective exercises for lower back pain. Whichever exercise that feels uncomfortable, do away with it and always seek professional help on this. However, if you are not a big-time exercising enthusiast, you can consider using joint pain products for the same. Have a look at Flex Joint Plus Review which might be an option for your back pain.
Feature Image Credit: shutterstock.com
Inpost Image Credit: shutterstock.com & makeupandbeauty.com