Joint Pain is The Most Common Health Problem in America – Is it True?
Joint pain is the leading cause of disability in America. According to various reports, joint pain is responsible for more than one-half of all chronic conditions affecting people at the age of 50 years and above in America. In the latest research in the United States, one in two adults is diagnosed with joint pain. The government of the United States spends an annual amount of about 950 billion dollars in trying to combat this problem.
What Causes Joint Pain?
Joint pain is a common problem to almost every individual. This is because there is a very high likelihood for every individual to be attacked by joint pain at certain point in lifetime. For a suitable solution to any joint pain, it would be important to first of all identify the cause of it before taking action problem. The following is the common causes of joint pain:
- Illness: Joint pain can sometimes develop just as a symptom of various illnesses. Some of these illnesses that cause joint pain include measles, influenza, mumps, Lyme disease, Epstein- Barr virus, chicken box and hepatitis.
- Injury: Joint pain may also develop due to various body injuries. It is advisable that once your joint pain becomes severe you need to check your physician for more advice. In determining whether you are suffering from injury, x-rays aught to be done so as to reveal the type of injury you are suffering. It can be a sprain, tear, fracture or strain. From here you will be referred to a joint- injury specialist (orthopedic or orthopedist surgeon) for surgery.
- Overuse: Overuse of the joint may also lead to Inflammation and pain. Overuse of joint may be as a result of overdoing something in repetitive times leading to depletion of joint bursitis. The bursa is normally responsible for the general protection of the joint from friction but gets depleted when overused leading to a lot of friction between the adjacent bones. Friction is what brings about inflammation and joint pain.
- Arthritis: This is one of the most problematic diseases amongst people. Arthritis is a common term referring to more than 200 different forms of joint pain. All of these types of arthritis are associated with the damage of joint cartilage tissues. The cartilage tissue is normally responsible for smooth gliding of bones over one another while there is locomotion. However, once there is damage to these tissues, bones will rub against each other causing friction that will eventually result into pain, swelling and lose of joint mobility.
Best Joint Pain Relief Formula
There are various ways in which you can relief your joint pain. The following are the common best formulas for relieving joint pain:
- Powder Supplements: Powdered supplements are one of the best joint relief formulas. But it is important to ensure that the ingredients making these supplements have been processed according to pharmaceutical procedures. This is to avoid the like hood of you taking something contaminated.
Most powdered supplements contain pure omega-3 and hydrolyzed collagen. These two agents are thought to have the ability of reducing inflammation of the joint. They are also good in promoting joint health. Further, powdered supplements have glucosamine and hyaluric acid that is responsible for joint building and lubrication.
- Skin Cream: Skin cream is good particularly for topical applications. In terms of ingredients, it contains the same as powdered supplements. Despite this similarity, the ingredients in topical skin creams are designed to absorb in the areas you are specifically feeling the pain. This cream has the ability to relief pain on the joint once applied.
- Other Joint Relief Formulas: Other joint pain relief products have a mixture of liquid supplements containing glucosamine and chondroitin sulfate. The use of liquids here is due to the fact that they readily get absorbed into the body as compared to powders. It is advisable to first consult your doctor before combining these supplements.
As to which joint pain relief formula is better than the others, we require more research into this field so as to get to the bottom line of that.
According to various experts, joint pain requires to be dealt with by using a whole-body approach. Since the lifestyle is huge, losing more weight for those who are obese should be the first thing to do. Having regular exercises is also important as it helps in strengthening muscles that support joints thus keeping joints flexible. It is equally important to try anti-inflammatory diet supplements due to their omega-3 fatty acids. Application of medication is also another good option to relieving joint pain. For some people, supplements provide a good deal to mitigating the effects of joint pain. However, it is advisable to consult a physician before making up your mind concerning these supplements. This is because if not well taken, there could be drug interactions, harmful side effects or allergy problems.