Overview of Hand Arthritis
Affecting millions of people around the world each year, Arthritis is becoming something that people are scared of. Causing difficult to live with symptoms, the interest in finding a real cure for this condition only grows more and more. But what people mistake at is thinking that this condition cannot be controlled.
Sure, there are over 100 different types of Arthritis, but luckily there are effective treatment options for the most of them. These treatment options do offer a certain symptoms relief that enables these patients to live a more normal, everyday life. The trick is in finding the right treatment options that will work for you, as well as, getting acknowledged with your diagnosis.
And that is why we are here to talk about Arthritis in hands. We will share every bit of information that is essential for you to know, as well as some of the most popular and efficient treatment options that are currently being used.
What Causes Arthritis in Hands and Fingers?
First, let’s define what Arthritis in hands and fingers is. Knowing that arthritis is defined as inflammation, Arthritis in hands and finders can be simply defined as inflammation of the joints in the hands and fingers.
As you may know, these are the parts of the body where a number of small and very important joints can be found. And for some reasons, that we are going to discuss now, these joints are often targeted by arthritis.
- Disease – When a disease is a cause for Arthritis in fingers and hands, we are most commonly talking about Osteoarthritis or Rheumatoid Arthritis, which are the most common types of Arthritis. Rheumatoid arthritis is the one that starts by affecting the small joints of the fingers of the hands and feet. Osteoarthritis, on the other hand, affects these joints at the end, starting by affecting the bigger joints like the knee, hip, shoulder joints first. At both cases, we are talking about painful symptoms that cause certain disability.
- Trauma – Different types of trauma, most commonly fractures, can be the cause of hand and finger Arthritis as well. Dislocations and fractures that damage the surface of the joints are the most common types of trauma that lead to Arthritis later in life.
These two are the most common reasons that are linked with the occurrence of Arthritis. Not to mention that in most cases, the exact cause is unknown. This is still a topic that needs to be researched on. Now let’s get to the next question – How do you know if you have Arthritis in your
People also ask
A recent study that was conducted within Germany found that over 57.8% of the population seems to suffer from regular joint and musculoskeletal pain, as well as other accompanying symptoms.https://www.consumerhealthdigest.com/joint-pain/best-glucosamine-supplements.html
In some cases joint pain comes and goes, while in others it is more persistent, depending on the underlying cause. Regardless of the reason, this type of pain affects your mobility and overall quality of life. If you’re experiencing joint pain, you’re among millions of people who struggle with the same issue.https://www.consumerhealthdigest.com/joint-pain/top-rated-joint-pain-relief-products.html
Flexoplex is a joint pain supplement that is promised to protect, strengthen, and improve* the range of motion for joints. Formulated with all natural ingredients, Flexoplex is sold through an official product website that offers comprehensive information on this supplement.https://www.consumerhealthdigest.com/joint-pain-product-reviews/flexoplex.html
Back pain is a common problem, and most of us have experienced it (or will do so) at one point or another. Sometimes pain in your back comes and goes away easily, but in other instances it is persistent.https://www.consumerhealthdigest.com/joint-pain/back-pain.html
As we grow older, our bones naturally weaken. Even if you are eating healthy foods or doing regular exercise, you are still vulnerable to several bone-related problems. A usual complain that most of you are already suffering is joint pain, or let us be more specific: arthritis.https://www.consumerhealthdigest.com/joint-pain/arthritis-diet-foods.html
Omega XL is manufactured by the company Great Healthworks and is a brand of a supplement designed to help alleviate joint pain and inflammation. It is sold through the company’s website. The information is presented to the consumer in a succinct and straightforward manner and the website also offers a video describing how the product is made.https://www.consumerhealthdigest.com/joint-pain-product-reviews/omega-xl-reviews.html
Joint pain is most often a result of diseases such as osteoarthritis (OA), rheumatoid arthritis (RA), and other conditions affecting the joints. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), approximately 22,7% of people in the U.S. were told by a doctor to have some form of arthritis.https://www.consumerhealthdigest.com/joint-pain/best-joint-pain-supplements.html
What Are The Symptoms Of Arthritis In The Hands And Fingers?
The symptoms of arthritis in hands and fingers is a topic for which the saying – the more you know, the better, refers to.
As we mentioned in the introduction of this article, in most cases, these symptoms are far from being mild and cause a disability that is hard to live with.
But which symptoms are we referring to?
- Pain – It all starts with what is described as a burning sensation for later to turn to pain. The pain usually occurs after long joint use, e.g. grasping and gripping. What is most interesting is the fact that the pain might decrease but it might increase after rest. Another interesting thing is that the pain usually increases with weather changes, and increases during rainy days. Many patients complain of the pain walking up to them in the middle of the night. Imagine if activities as writing, starting your car and opening a jar now cause pain in your hands and fingers until you are unable to do this thing no more.
- Swelling – Because the inflammation process has affected the joint and the cartilage, which starts to wear down with time, there is nothing that absorbs the shock. This increases the stress on the joint itself. And when the joint is unable to bear the increased stress that is coming, swelling starts to occur. Swelling of the joints can be described as a defense mechanism because it prevents further joint movement of the affected joints.
- Warmth – You may notice your affected joints to be warm at a touch more than the other parts of your body.
- Crepitation – Described as sounds that you hear when you try to move your affected joints, crepitations occur due to the damage of the cartilage that has happened. What creates the sounds is the touching against each damaged cartilage surface.
- Decreased range of movement – As a result of the pain and swelling, these patients experience a decreased range of movement in the affected joints. These patients start to avoid doing simple chores and activities just to avoid increasing the pain and other symptoms by using the joints.
- Cysts – When your Arthritis has affected the end joints of your fingers, then most probably cysts start to form.
These symptoms can be prevented using a joint pain supplement. To find the top rated joint supplement, you can compare different products to ascertain their effectiveness.
How is Arthritis in the Hands and Fingers Diagnosed?
A physical exam is the first thing that your doctor would do. X-rays and an MRI are done as well just to determine at which stage is the inflammation. These techniques will help your doctor to find out which symptoms are present and what is the most proper treatment option.
If the doctor thinks that it is Rheumatoid Arthritis that he/she is dealing with, then blood tests might be done as well.
Treatment of Arthritis in Hands and Fingers
First – medications. Although not all medications can restore the cartilage and the joints themselves in the condition that they have been before the Arthritis, they sure can decrease the symptoms and give you a relief. But some medications like Projoint Plus supplement can help you get relief from joint pain. Else you can also attempt the physical therapy that can assist as well in the process of symptoms relief.
First – medications. Although the use of medication cannot restore the cartilage and the joints themselves in the condition that they have been before the Arthritis, they sure can decrease the symptoms and give you a relief. can help as well in the process of symptoms relief.
And occupational therapy which has a special role to teach the patient how to complete everyday tasks as dressing up, cooking, eating, bathing and so on, while still managing the Arthritis. Sometimes, a surgical treatment might be needed as well.
How can you Prevent Arthritis in your Hands?
If you have a family history that includes any type of Arthritis or if you have experienced a difficult trauma in your life, then it is for the best if you follow a few, simple prevention tips just to increase your chances of avoiding Arthritis.
So how can you prevent Arthritis in your hands and fingers? Maintaining a healthy weight, staying away from alcohol and smoking and including some type of physical activity are some of the best prevention tips that any doctor can give you. Simple hand and wrist exercises can help you to preserve your hand and finger function.
A healthy lifestyle is what will help you to avoid not only Arthritis but most of the popular diseases of the 21st century. So many joint supplement reviews available online, such as Relief Factor Review that may help you to alleviate joint pain.
How Do You Know If You Have Arthritis In Your Hands?
The osteoarthritis of the hands is defined by a number of characteristic changes, including a general achiness upon using the hands, joint stiffness (especially in the morning) and restricted motions (difficulties moving the fingers).
If the condition is left untreated, it can lead to a weakened grip and subsequent loss of functionality. All the joints of the hands are affected by the inflammatory process which characterizes this condition.
In advanced forms of arthritis, bone spurs can appear as the level of the joints – these can reduce the functionality of the hands even further.
It is essential to recognize the signs of arthritis as soon as it is possible, as you can keep the condition under control with conservative measures. Getting a correct diagnosis is essential – only a specialist physician can recommend the best treatment paths for you to pursue.
Living with any type of Arthritis is an everyday challenge. But as we learned in this article dedicated to the topic of Arthritis in hands and fingers, knowledge and patience are everything.
Getting informed about your type of Arthritis can help you discover the treatment options, the time needed for the first results to show and how to stay calm and dedicated to the treatment process. Arthritis in hands and fingers can disable you to perform different activities that might have seemed simple before.
You can consider using a pain relief supplement such as Smarter Nutrition Curcumin which could help you get rid of the joint pain. You just need to gather all the information, stay patient and never give up in the treatment process.