Arthritis is a degenerative joint disease that can cause severe debilitating symptoms. Pain binds those with this common condition, and you can start at home with remedies to help with the pain and inflammation that characterize this condition.
- Honey and apple cider vinegar: Drinking a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and honey in water can help acidify your diet and help with arthritis according to D. C. Jarvis, M.D in his book Folk Medicine. This helps release and excretes acid crystals that form in the joint leading to arthritis.
- Mustard oil: Mustard oil is a wonderful massage oil that has been used for years to treat* joint pain and ailments. It helps stimulate blood flow to the region and promotes* healing.
- Turmeric: Turmeric ahs many natural anti-inflammatory properties that helps reduce* the pain and swelling in arthritis. Its active ingredient curcumin has been used for centuries in Chinese herbal and Ayurvedic medicine to alleviate arthritis symptoms.
- Epsom salt: ‘Epsom salts, which are high in magnesium, can help relieve joint pain,’ says Christine Horner, who is a nutritional therapist at the Margaret Hills Clinic. So before going to bed, a hot bath with some Epsom salt along with exercise can improve* the pain of arthritis.
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon has high levels of manganese that is the magic* ingredient that leads to bone and connective tissue formation. With its anti-inflammatory properties, it can drastically provide symptomatic relief.
- Alfalfa: Alfalfa has properties that help in dissolving uric acid causing gouty arthritis reducing* gout pain and swelling. People also take alfalfa as a source of vitamins A, C, E, and K4; and the minerals calcium, potassium, phosphorous, and iron.
- Cherries: Researchers say that cherries have the highest anti-inflammatory content of any food. Tart cherry juice can help athletes who are at a higher risk of osteoarthritis.