Joint pain can make it hard to do your daily activities, live independently, move comfortably and safely, and enjoy your hobbies. It’s a common symptom of certain types of arthritis like rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis. It can also be caused by bursitis, joint injuries, disc herniation, orthopedic surgery, and other conditions.
There are many choices for treatment available, including medications, nutritional supplements, rehabilitation therapies, surgery, and lifestyle changes. Sometimes, a combination of these treatments can help you feel better. Talk to your doctor to create a treatment plan that’s right for your unique needs.
What is Natural Factors Celadrin?
Natural Factors – Celadrin® is a nutritional supplement made from natural, organic sources. This means the ingredients are found in nature. A nutritional supplement is a product you take orally, or by mouth, that contains ingredients that may support your health.
Who is the Manufacturer of Natural Factors Celadrin?
The maker of Celadrin, Natural Factors, is headquartered in Canada and serves as one of the largest suppliers of dietary products in North America. Since the 1950s, they’ve developed and distributed a variety of supplements to help address a wide range of health concerns. Their products include vitamins, minerals, and extracts from plants and herbs.
How Does Natural Factors Celadrin Work?
Celadrin uses naturally occurring fats to lubricate cells and lessen inflammation, or swelling. Increasing the lubrication of joints in the body can improve their flexibility and function. This means the joints move more easily and with less pain. It’s recommended people take it every day along with other supplements that are known to help joint function, including glucosamine, methylsulfonylmethane (MSM), and/or chondroitin.
Natural Factors Celadrin Ingredients – Are they Safe & Effective?
Celadrin is made up of ingredients such as:
- Cetylated and esterified fatty acids – Fats that are naturally found in the body and plants
- oCetyl myristoleate – Fat used in dietary supplements
- oCetyl myirstate – Saturated fatty acid, an acid that is found in oils and fats
- oCetyl palmitoleate – Fatty acid
- oCetyl laurate – Emollient, or oily softener, made of acid
- oCetyl palmitate – Waxy fatty acid
- oCetyl oleate – Type of fatty acid
- Soy lecithin – Fatty substance found in animal and plant tissues
- Softgel – Shells that surround a liquid dose of a supplement you take by mouth
- oGelatin – Colorless and tasteless jelly made from collagen from the tendons, bones and skin of animals
- oGlycerin – Sweet liquid made of oils and fats
- oPurified water – Water that’s been filtered
- oCarob – Brown, chocolate-like powder from the carob bean
What are the Advantages of Natural Factors Celadrin?
Benefits of Celadrin include:
- Ingredients come from natural, organic sources.
- May help conditions such as arthritis and joint pain.
- May increase flexibility and ease of motion.
- Online ordering and home delivery available.
What are the Disadvantages of Natural Factors Celadrin?
Potential disadvantages of Celadrin include:
- Lack of other ingredients that can help support joint health, meaning you may need to take additional supplements for best results.
- Made from beef tallow, so it isn’t vegetarian/vegan.
- Need to take three supplements once a day or one supplement three times a day.
- No international shipping available.
How Should You Take Natural Factors Celadrin?
Talk to your doctor before you start to take Celadrin. Read and follow the instructions on the bottle of Celadrin you receive. Take three softgels daily with food. You can take all three softgels at the same time or separately, throughout the day.
How Much is Natural Factors Celadrin?
You can order a bottle that contains 90 softgels or 180 softgels. Visit the Natural Factors website to find a location near you where Natural Factors products are sold. Online retailers also stock Celadrin. The average price for a bottle of 90 softgels is $18.50 plus shipping and handling. The price for a bottle of 180 softgels is $32. These prices are subject to change, and shipping and handling costs vary.
What Kind of Reviews are Out there for Natural Factors Celadrin?
Online reviews for Celadrin are mostly positive. For example, one online retailer’s average customer rating for the product is 4 stars. On this site, most reviewers said Celadrin helps them manage their joint pain.
One reviewer expressed frustration that the softgels include soy lecithin, an ingredient that some people are sensitive to, while another found the product’s listed ingredients hard to understand.
A different site with product reviews for Celadrin had only positive firsthand experiences. Many reviewers said they had taken the product for years and found it to be effective.
Natural Factors Celadrin Review – Final Verdict
Celadrin may help you manage symptoms of arthritis, bulging disc, and other orthopedic and rheumatology problems by lubricating or oiling the joints and making them move more easily. But you have to take a large dose of Celadrin daily, and you may also have to take additional types of supplements to find relief from joint pain.
Because the product is made from ingredients that come from animals, it isn’t considered vegetarian or vegans. There are many other types of products available that can help support joint health. Ask your doctor if it’s safe for you to take Celadrin or another supplement, and always tell your healthcare providers about prescription and over-the-counter medications you take.
Bones are connected by joints, which allow us to move with ease. Joint damage can cause pain preventing you from doing the things you once loved. Many conditions lead to joint pain from aging to an untreated sports injury. A quality joint product may help repair existing tissue damage and also promote stronger joints, less susceptible to future degeneration.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective joint pain supplements on the market today, in our opinion.