If you are craving for a delicious meal for lunch or dinner, try creamy burrito casserole. It is relatively good and easy to prepare. Even if you are an armature in cooking, you can make a great and tasty meal by following the instructions below. You will not only love it but also find yourself making it again. You will also be passing your skills to friends and family members, whom will also love the outcome. Hopefully, you will also enjoy the cooking procedure.
- 1 pound of ground beef or turkey
- ½ chopped yellow onion
- 14 ounces of refried beef
- 1 cup of shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 6, 9-icnch flour tortillas
- 8 ounces of sour cream
- ½ cup or more of salsa to taste
- One and a quarter package of taco seasoning
- ¾ ounce can of mushroom soup cream
- Jarred spice if you prefer spicing up
- Heat the ground beef/turkey with onion in a skillet to make it brown and then drain excess grease.
- Add taco seasoning and thoroughly mix in refried beans.
- Using a separate bowl, mix sour cream and soup.
- Spread over sour cream mixture in 3 separate tortillas.
- Put half of the meat bean mixture over the 3 tortillas spread with sour cream mixture.
- Add a cheese layer
- If you prefer, add some hot sauce on this.
- Repeat the layers
- Sprinkle some cheese on top and openly bake for 20-30 minutes at 350°F.
- Serve when hot.
- If you find that seasoning the ground beef mixture with onions and refried beans produces a thick mixture, you can add some water to the skillet and stir it thoroughly until you get the right consistency.
- This delicious creamy burrito casserole can be served along with Spanish rice, warm tortilla chips, or sour cream.
- The main ingredient in this recipe is ground beef. Baking is the recommendable preparation procedure and the dish is mostly suitable for dinner.
For a single serving of creamy burrito casserole weighing about 208 grams, it contains:
- 319 calories
- 127 calories from fat
- 49 mg of cholesterol
- 1078 mg of sodium
- 69 mg of potassium
- 24.1 g of total carbohydrates
- 4.8 g of dietary fiber
- 20.7 g of protein
- 11% vitamin A
- 2% vitamin C
- 37% calcium
- 16% iron
People who have made this recipe for a long time report that they find it very enjoyable and giving incredible food experience. To make preparation easier, some people prefer to buy the enchilada sauce in a can. You can make the meal even more delicious by adding some garlic and extra cheese. Always ensure that you don’t skip the beans. To give it a zip, try to use fat free refried beans in the hot style.
Ideal for Weight Loss
According to the Free Weight Loss ministry, creamy burrito casserole is a great approved recipe that when used correctly can help you lose weight. However, it should be combined with a fitness programs that advocate regular exercise and mindful eating.