In This Review
Athletic Greens Overview
Athletic Greens is a powdered supplement that is mixed into water and consumed as a beverage. It contains 75 vitamins and minerals to help athletes and other active, on-the-go individuals to get the nutrients they need. It contains ingredients that are sourced from whole foods, such as pineapples and carrots, to deliver quality nutrition to consumers.
How Does It Rate?
- Established in 2010, Athletic Greens aims to bring comprehensive and convenient daily nutrition to almost everybody.
- Its core product, AG1, contains 75 vitamins, minerals, whole foods, superfoods, probiotics and adaptogens in one serving. Athletic Greens is produced in New Zealand, and is NSF Certified for sports.
- Beet Root
- A Blend of Vitamins and Minerals
- Green Tea Extract
- Green Tea Extract
- Decreased muscular fatigue
- Increased energy levels, especially during physical exercise
- Reduction in digestive problems like diarrhea or constipation
- Lower blood sugar levels
- Increased mental stamina and improved brain health
- Improvement in physical health and functioning, among people with an inadequate diet
- While there is scientific evidence supporting the ingredients in Athletic Greens, one drawback of this product is that those who are not nutritionally deficient will not likely derive additional benefits from the cocktail of vitamins and minerals in the supplement.
- Furthermore, the product is relatively expensive, running at over $100 for a one-month supply.
How Does Athletic Greens Work?
Athletic Greens works by containing a blend of food-sourced ingredients, vitamins, and minerals that provide the body with the nutrients it needs to stay active and healthy and perform its best. The makers of the product promise that it can promote healthy liver functioning, support the immune system and increase energy levels. One serving contains just 50 calories but packs a powerful punch of nutrients like Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Zinc, and Biotin.
Athletic Greens Ingredients
It would be impossible for an Athletic Greens review to provide a detailed description of every ingredient in the product, as it contains 75 different ingredients, including vitamins, minerals, and food-sourced extracts.
The product does contain essential vitamins like Vitamin C and B vitamins, as well as minerals like calcium. Some of the most noteworthy ingredients in the product are as follows:
– A research report in Marine Drugs reviewed the results of multiple studies and concluded that spirulina has been found to have strong antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, with studies showing that it can reduce mental fatigue and protect blood vessels in the brain. Our Morning Kick review article explains that it is a natural, nutrient-dense superfood that has been consumed for centuries and that its supplement or powder form is beneficial for health.
– The makers of Athletic Greens claim that their product can promote healthy blood sugar levels, and there does appear to be evidence to support this claim.
A recent study in The Journal of Nutrition and Metabolism found that while beetroot consumption did not improve aerobic exercise performance, it did result in lower blood sugar levels following the exercise.
A review of multiple studies evaluated the effects of dietary nitrate supplements, which are believed to improve exercise performance because of the beneficial effects of nitrates on the vascular system. Beetroot is considered a dietary source of nitrate and was the supplement of choice in many of the studies included in the review.
Results did conclude that beetroot is beneficial for improving endurance exercise performance but may be less effective for shorter time trials.
A Blend of Vitamins and Minerals
– There are too many vitamins and minerals in Athletic Greens to address each one individually, but research does suggest that these are essential for physical performance.
A study in The Journal Nutrition found that deficiencies of Vitamin B12 and folate, both of which are in Athletic Greens, can cause anemia and reduce endurance performance.
Mineral deficiencies can also impair physical performance, so those who do not have an adequate diet can benefit from the mineral content of Athletic Greens.
– A recent study found that green tea extract reduced muscular damage during exhaustive exercise, suggesting that Athletic Greens may increase energy levels, especially among people who are fatigued from physical activity.
– Athletic Greens contains a probiotic blend, which may live up to the product’s promise to promote digestive health. The body of research with probiotics suggests that they can benefit people who suffer from diarrhea, constipation, or health conditions like inflammatory bowel diseases.
Is Athletic Greens Supported by Science?
A quality Athletic Greens review requires an assessment of the science supporting the ingredients in this product. Research does suggest that some of the ingredients in the product, such as spirulina, can improve mental functioning by protecting blood vessels in the brain. Some ingredients, including green tea extract and beetroot, may increase energy levels, specifically during intense physical activity. The probiotics in Athletic Greens can be expected to have benefits for digestive health, according to research.
Finally, Athletic Greens do contain a blend of essential vitamins and minerals, but research suggests that many people can get enough of these nutrients by consuming an adequate diet. Those who have a poor quality diet are likely to experience improved health and functioning if they utilize Athletic Greens, but for many people, the extra vitamins and minerals are not entirely necessary.
Athletic Greens FAQs
Consumers may have some of the following questions about Athletic Greens:
Q: Is Athletic Greens safe?
A: Athletic Greens is a safe product that contains food-sourced ingredients, as well as vitamins and minerals. The makers of the product do recommend that children and pregnant or breastfeeding women consult with a doctor before using the supplement.
Q: How much does Athletic Greens cost?
A: Athletic Greens is available on Amazon for $109 for a one-month supply. Special offers and deals along with Athletic Greens Discount Code are available on the Amazon website.
Q: How is Athletic Greens used?
A: Athletic Greens is a powerful supplement that is mixed into water and consumed as a beverage.
Q: Does Athletic Greens have side effects?
A: The makers of Athletic Greens do not report any side effects, but individual results can vary.
Q: Can Athletic Greens help with weight loss?
A: While not marketed as a weight loss product, some consumers may find that they experience weight loss with Athletic Greens, as the product may increase energy levels and reduce fatigue during exercise, allowing people to work out harder and longer to meet their weight loss goals. It can also provide vital nutrients to keep the body performing optimally while someone undergoes a weight loss diet.
Alternatives to Athletic Greens
- Organifi Green Juice
- Balance of Nature
- Grown American
- Texas Superfood
- Garden of Life
- Green Vibrance
- Nested SuperGreen
- SuperGreen Tonik
- Amazing Grass
What Do Consumers Say About Athletic Greens?
The majority of reviews on Athletic Greens are positive, with many consumers reporting they experience a significant increase in energy levels with the product. Consumers have reported that they have noticed improved digestion, and some even state that the product has helped with weight loss by reducing snacking. What is evident from Athletic Greens consumer reviews is that people tend to feel better after using this supplement.
While most people give Athletic Greens a five-star review, a minority do not rate the product favorably. Some consumers state that Athletic Greens is too expensive and does not provide enough benefits to be worth the cost. Others indicate that other products on the market are cheaper and include the same ingredients.
If you live an on-the-go lifestyle and have difficulty getting essential vitamins and minerals in your diet, you may benefit from taking athletic greens. Some of the unique ingredients in the product can also improve mental functioning, reduce fatigue, and enhance physical performance. While the product may have benefits, not everyone will find it to be effective, and the high cost can be prohibitive for some people.